Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 21:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan CAT Scoring

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-09-2013
GPA: 3.34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Manhattan CAT Scoring [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 13:19
Does the Manhattan CAT scoring seem a bit off? I just took my first CAT and i received a 560 (Q47,V21). But when I went to look at the % of correct answer I had a break down of approximately 50% correct for all section of the test. (PS was like 64% though). Overall quantitative section was approx. 55% correct. I don't understand how that translate to a score of 47, while my Verbal was slightly lower(% wise) and yet my overall score was just 21.
Director
Director
Schools: ISB
WE 1: Engineer - Larsen & Toubro, ECC Division
WE 2: Faculty - T.I.M.E.
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 66

Re: Manhattan CAT Scoring [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 19:02
GMAT score does not depend on the number of incorrect answers. It depends on the value of the questions you answered correctly.
From my experience, the quant and verbal raw score in the actual GMAT is MGMAT raw score for quant and verbal plus two.
The reason for this is that MGMATs don't have experimental questions. Therefore, every question contributes to the total score. In the actual GMAT approximately only 2/3rd of the questions count towards the actual score.

Mission: Be a force of good and make a positive difference to every life I touch!

From 650 to 710 to 750 - My Tryst With GMAT [Experience Thread]

Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 7

Re: Manhattan CAT Scoring [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2011, 14:24
Hey,

On the GMAT, everybody answers different questions, some easier, some harder. You can think of the GMAT as a test that searches for each person’s “60% level,” or the difficulty range in which the person is able to answer approximately 60% of the questions correctly. (This is not exactly what happens, but it’s a good way to think of the difference between “regular” tests and computer-adaptive tests.)

Your score will be determined by the difficulty of the questions that you answer correctly versus the difficulty of those that you answer incorrectly.

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Matt Mapplebeck | Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Manhattan CAT Scoring [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2011, 12:39
are the Manhattan CATs generally easier or more difficult than the actual GMAT?
Re: Manhattan CAT Scoring   [#permalink] 20 Sep 2011, 12:39