I am a Btech (Electronics & communication) 3rd year student from india. I would like to do an MBA anywhere abroad but without any work experience as i feel once i start working i cant get back to studies. The only reason for me to do an MBA is to setup a business in India.(being frank as i have joined btech i hardly have any knowledge about money management ). The reason for going abroad for MBA is to get a masters degree, attain global exposure and also earn a little while studying.
the major queries : without work experience ....
1. will i get into any good MBA college if not in the top MBA colleges.
2.how much will the MBA cost approximately
3. working in all kinds of odd jobs will i be able to atleast repay the loan taken for MBA.
4. will MBA be helpful in setting up a business ??
1) Theoretically speaking.. Yes... But practically speaking... No, not at all...
2) To my knowledge, for the entire MBA program (i.e what you will spend over two years because of your MBA), USD 150,000+ plus opportunity costs.
3) If you get into a great school, you need not work all kinds of odd jobs to repay the loan and neither will you have the time.. With salaries averaging USD 100,000 you'll be able to pay it back in a matter of two years.
4) IMHO, an MBA is definitely a step towards setting up a business although it is not the only one.
Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.
Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief
GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types