Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 07:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Multisource Reasoning

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 18

Multisource Reasoning [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2012, 13:22
http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... stion/1883

Can anyone tell me how it is Not supported for last one ?

It is clearly mentioned that investor sentiment and board prestige both showed a strong negative correlation with IPO pricing . So in second tab we can see that IPO price of Kengen is 11.90 which is much lower than First day closing price while IPO price of Scangroup is 10.45 and Eveready is 9.50 which is not much lower than First day closing price .

Am I wrong in interpretation . If yes then correct me !!

Thanks a lot !!
GMAT Pill GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Affiliations: UWC
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE: Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 148 [0], given: 100

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Multisource Reasoning [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2012, 22:13
C)When their IPO prices were set, investor sentiment was likely more favorable toward Kengen than toward Scangroup or Eveready.

@debabrata44: You need to consider the closing price of the shares to gauge investor sentiment in the first place. Consider this, when the share prices were set by the firms, we don't know how investors are going to react to the shares. So after a day's worth of trading, the change in share price would reflect the demand of the shares. Therefore, when the prices were set at say, the beginning of the day, we cannot say conclusively whether investor sentiment would be positive or negative for any of the firms.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 11

Re: Multisource Reasoning [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2012, 00:59
debabrata44 wrote:
http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/gmat-integrated-reasoning/multi-source-reasoning-questions/gmat-prep/NSE%20IPOs%202/question/1883

Can anyone tell me how it is Not supported for last one ?

It is clearly mentioned that investor sentiment and board prestige both showed a strong negative correlation with IPO pricing . So in second tab we can see that IPO price of Kengen is 11.90 which is much lower than First day closing price while IPO price of Scangroup is 10.45 and Eveready is 9.50 which is not much lower than First day closing price .

Am I wrong in interpretation . If yes then correct me !!

Thanks a lot !!

I think you are interpreting this wrong..
Two things to take care for understanding investor sentiment is Closing Price and the Underpricing.
If the closing price is making up for the Underpricing, then the share is enjoying a investor sentiment.
The data says the Scangroup is 43.54% underpriced and the closing value is 15 from 10.4 implies almost 33 - 34% makeup for the underpricing of share,
where as for Kengen also, it is 30% as where the shares are 236% underpriced .
which share has investor sentiment - clearly Scangroup !
Re: Multisource Reasoning   [#permalink] 29 Jul 2012, 00:59