Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Concentration: AWA, Personal Statements, Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension
Schools:B.A. Harvard
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: My Knewton Experience [#permalink]
Chris,

Sorry about being this harsh on your GMAT program. But I did try the newly added tough problems, most too tough. Even with a 50 in quant, I did not face that tough a quant problem. Besides, I would not recommend a program for 60 extra tough problems that may or may not represent the difficulty level of questions in actual GMAT. I have not looked at your on demand strategy guides. So I cannot comment on those. Anyways, in my view, there are three aspects to solving a GMAT problem. First, concept related to a question, second, recognizing that concept and third, using strategy pertinent to that concept to solve that problem.

A GMAT program can teach concept and strategy for most types of concept(I faced some weird questions in GMAT though). But, recognizing a pattern can only be learnt by good combination of problems and, to some degree, the GMAT program itself. I think Knewtons program concentrates too much on just the concept. It seems that knewton is trying to address the other two aspects, but its too late for me, and your competitor(Manhattan GMAT) is doing a pretty good job in all three aspects. So, I have to strongly recommend MGMAT instead of Knewton (Note "instead of" though correct is not preferred by GMAT).

I apologize for being this harsh on you guys. I know its a new radical program, and there are real people behind this program working hard to make it better for its students. But this debrief is my experience and those who liked the program should feel free to rebut my comments.

So Long!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I am a current Knewton student and my GMAT retake is scheduled for Oct. 5th. I scored 590, 620, 620, 640, and 660 on the Knewton CATs taken from July thru August and scored 620 on the actual GMAT back in June. I took both of the GMATPrep CATs this week and scored a 700 and 730. Rewatching the Quant videos seemed to help a lot and now I'm going back over the SC videos to have all the rules and tips fresh in my mind. Going through the concept videos and reworking the missed HW problems also has helped. Overall I think Knewton has helped me more than if I just chose to study on my own again. Hopefully I won't have to take them up on their 50 point guarantee.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
i found knewton useful. if you are experienced the basics concepts will seem well basic and boring. i pretty much watched tv and played video games while on math sessions but listened carefully on verbal since that was my weak spot. i did get a 10 pt increase on verbal which i attribute most of it to knewton since i didn't have any change in basic materials except another problem book (princeton 1012 ques). I had a 640 coming in and wouldve been content with a 690 but i got lucky and got a 720 - maybe i get similar improvement with mgmat/veritas etc but who knows?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 748 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Finance
 Q49  V19 GMAT 2: 620  Q44  V31
WE 1: 6 Year, Telecom(GSM)
Send PM
Thanks For the feedaback,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 337 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, finance
WE 1: Business Development Manger
WE 2: Assistant Manager-Carbon Trading
WE 3: Manager-Carbon Trading
Send PM
HI Guys,

I also enrolled for Knewton in August this year.I am not quite impressed with the quality of questions that Knewton offers.Most of the questions are copied from OG-12 and OG-11.Also in some sections they have just changed the names of the characters,so I almost knew the answers of most of the questions as they were repeated again and again.
Even for the tests questions were from OG-10,11,12 ,for this reason my scores really went high in some of the tests.Also I find that their scoring system is quite wierd.
I would recommend Kaplan or Manhattan , guys dont waste your money on Knewton..most of the stuff is copied there is hardly any originality.
GMAT Club Bot