Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 08:59

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Help on understanding the topic

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 9

Need Help on understanding the topic [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2010, 01:05
Guys,

Bumped on this question while taking the MGMAT. Can someone give me a crux of what it asks for.

"Employees always perform better when given a say in determining the boundaries of their roles within a company. "

My understanding is employees who define the boundary of their roles in a company perform better. Is that what it means?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 199 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Need Help on understanding the topic [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2010, 06:25
sridhar wrote:
Guys,

Bumped on this question while taking the MGMAT. Can someone give me a crux of what it asks for.

"Employees always perform better when given a say in determining the boundaries of their roles within a company. "

My understanding is employees who define the boundary of their roles in a company perform better. Is that what it means?

no. i think you are on the right track but your understanding might be slight "overboard". I believe the question is basically:
"employees perform better when they have the opportunity to voice their opinion on their roles within a company" - this could be a guy who wants to advance himself and thus asks for tougher projects or more responsibility like becoming a leader of a team etc. Note that this is only a "say" - so the employees are merely suggesting to their supervisors etc. about expanding role as opposed to not having the say at all. Your understanding sounds like they have the power to define their goals like "ok, i gonna be a lead now" which is a little off. Well that's what i think anyway...

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Re: Need Help on understanding the topic   [#permalink] 06 Aug 2010, 06:25