Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 02:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

need info on the Interview Guides

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 568 [0], given: 107

Premium Member CAT Tests
need info on the Interview Guides [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 21:59
Expert's post
Hi Folks,
Could you please let me know that what are the great interview guides available in the market (considering probable questions and tips to tackle them)...?

How about Accepted.com's e-guide for B-Schools Interviews..?Has anyone from the club used it..?

Would really appreciate any feedback guys !

P.S: Also request bb/other GC Legends to share your thoughts on the same.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: need info on the Interview Guides [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 10:26
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Folks,
Could you please let me know that what are the great interview guides available in the market (considering probable questions and tips to tackle them)...?

How about Accepted.com's e-guide for B-Schools Interviews..?Has anyone from the club used it..?

Folks-any update on this...?

@bb- Could you please share your thoughts on the same ?

Much appreciate any insights...

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 107

Re: need info on the Interview Guides [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 12:06
I used a lot of the clearadmit guides. Here's Yale's, for example: http://blog.clearadmit.com/category/int ... /yale-som/

I think just writing and reviewing your essays is also very good prep. Some schools (e.g., Kellogg, Tuck, Duke, UNC) give you the opportunity to do an open interview in the fall. If you're applying to any of these, I would just recommend that you've already done drafts of your essays so you have a very refined story for why MBA, why X school, career goals, etc.

Good luck!
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 6

Re: need info on the Interview Guides [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 23:39
Hi,

You may refer the link http://www.general-ed.com/general-interview-tips for tips on top b-school interview preparation.

Cheers!!
Neha

debayan222 wrote:
Hi Folks,

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: need info on the Interview Guides [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 23:58
Expert's post
Thanks neha...Hopefully that will gonna be helpful..! Did you use any other resource..?

BTW,are you applying this season to HEC or else ?

nehasingh1020 wrote:
Hi,

You may refer the link http://www.general-ed.com/general-interview-tips for tips on top b-school interview preparation.

Cheers!!
Neha

debayan222 wrote:
Hi Folks,

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: need info on the Interview Guides [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 00:05
Expert's post
lb2015 wrote:
I used a lot of the clearadmit guides. Here's Yale's, for example: http://blog.clearadmit.com/category/int ... /yale-som/

I think just writing and reviewing your essays is also very good prep. Some schools (e.g., Kellogg, Tuck, Duke, UNC) give you the opportunity to do an open interview in the fall. If you're applying to any of these, I would just recommend that you've already done drafts of your essays so you have a very refined story for why MBA, why X school, career goals, etc.

Good luck!

Hi lb2015-I do agree with you that clearadmit blogs are great free resources out there...But I guess that contains ONLY questions not any tips to tackle them!

However,did you purchase clearadmit interview guides..?

Can you please shed some lights on the above highlighted part from your quote..?

Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 107

Re: need info on the Interview Guides [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 10:27
debayan222 wrote:
lb2015 wrote:

Good luck!

Hi lb2015-I do agree with you that clearadmit blogs are great free resources out there...But I guess that contains ONLY questions not any tips to tackle them!

However,did you purchase clearadmit interview guides..?

Can you please shed some lights on the above highlighted part from your quote..?

I didn't purchase anything to prep my applications--I really think you can find all of the information you need online. Here's a bunch of tips from a gmatclub forum, for example: don-ts-at-an-mba-admissions-interview-138365.html

To prepare, I just wrote out bullet points for each question from the clearadmit guides and then did a little practice by myself in front of a mirror. You might also consider buying a friend dinner in exchange for them helping you do a mock interview or two. If English isn't your first language, make sure you do a lot oral practice, preferably with someone who is also fluent.

In terms of the open interviews, all I mean by that is that you want to write your essays (or at the very least, full drafts) before your interview. For most schools, interviews are by invitation only, so this is a given. However, if you are planning to interview at a school that has an open interview policy (i.e. anyone can interview), then I would recommend that you make sure you've already completed the majority of your application prior to your interview date. Make sense?
Re: need info on the Interview Guides   [#permalink] 26 Apr 2013, 10:27