Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi I called to ask - for those who haven't heard anything, even if you applied late, everyone should receive something by early august. If you haven't heard anything yet, I wouldn't fret yet - it's not an indication one way or another if you've been accepted or not, they're just doing things methodically.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
It depends on whether you think you have time to improve your score.

It seems like all is forgiven if you're in the 700+ range. So if you think you can top 700 without much effort I'd do it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
lnaik wrote:
jay711 wrote:
I was waitlisted and found out a week after the class begin. I didn't see anyone get accepted from the waitlist last Spring, so I have no hope for this waitlist whatsoever.

Thats pretty bad to know. Because being waitlisted you cannot clearly plan not knowing what the outcome is going to be. Both sv and Jay, from your experience it seems foolish now to me to hang on hoping for a positive outcome.

sorry, i didn't try to discourage anyone. it's just my personal view and you should try your best to win the game.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I struggled harder to meet the May15 deadline and rushed with GMAT and the application. The deadline did'nt seem to mean much and applications were accepted late also - they might be accepting even now :)

I had lot of time when I cud have prepared and retaken GMAT - hard lesson learnt!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Same here..I struggled to get my application in on the last day(supposedly)..not sure what went wrong, but I have a 720 and am waitlisted..score is not everything, unlike what some might feel.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Xion - You mentioned that you are going to be applying for the Spring. Do you anticipate an improved application by then or do you think it's just easier to get in in the Spring?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I don't think either term is easier, but I have been improving a few aspects of my profile and hope to highlight those along with a letter of recommendation from an alumnus.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Agreed. Spring is not so easier. In fact, the number of admitted students is less than that of Fall semester.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Waitlisted [#permalink]
Hi everyone,

I heard back from NYU on Tuesday afternoon (07/31/2007), but I got waitlisted. I don't know exactly what I am supposed to do.
Does anyone know if there is a lot of waitlisted and what is the % of admitted from the waitlist (they said that it is not ranked)...

Thanks.

Congrats to all the admitted!

Sarah.

Originally posted by Sarah Ho on 02 Aug 2007, 19:04.
Last edited by Sarah Ho on 03 Aug 2007, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
The adcom wait till the last day and wait list all of us whereas they're still accepting applications for Fall 2007. It seems unfair for the applicants who applied to beat the deadline..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I feel that they waitlisted a lot of the applicants, as I'm sure there are many qualified people out there. I think it is up to us to identify our achilles heel and fix it. I know what mine is and I'm going to work on it and give it another shot for the spring semester if I don't get in off the waitlist- which I have feeling not many people do. If I don't get in for the spring I've got a back up. Keep us posted if anyone does get in off of the waitlist. Congratulations to everyone accepted.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
thank you everyone....this msg board has really helped calm my nerves at times during the admissions process...wishing everyone the best ahead....take care!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Any update of the approx # of students in the database as of today (08/03/2007)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
420 as of today in the database
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
aurora73 wrote:
420 as of today in the database

So there are very few spaces left for us all. I feel that the adcom waitlists us even though we're not THAT qualified, but it make us wanted to reapply for the next round, after we get dinged, which increase the number of applications and make the school looks competitive. They should have dinged me a year ago instead of waitlisted me twice.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Still 420 in the database.
Intern
Intern
Send PM