Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 07:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone Spring 2008

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

still waiting [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 18:40
still waiting ...six
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 22:13
I submitted my reco online. Two of them...I feel both of them were very strong.
Guys who are still to hear, do you mind sharing your profiles.
For me :
GMAT: 690, AWA 5.0
Indian male
4.5 yrs of work exp on IT - work exp comprises of a full time position with a major investment bank in NY.

Thanks guys for all your support.... I hope we all make it through !!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 00:00
I've been a bit quiet on this board. Unfortunately I'm in the same position as many of you... still waiting to hear back from Ad Com on my admission status.

Does anyone know how many spots are available for the Spring 2008 Weeknight program?

Stats:
WExp: 5 years in Entertainment Industry
GMAT: 660
UGPA: 3.3
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 04:52
Around 285 as per last year Spring.They might have changed it but that is the assumption.

[quote="gumbee09"]I've been a bit quiet on this board. Unfortunately I'm in the same position as many of you... still waiting to hear back from Ad Com on my admission status.

Does anyone know how many spots are available for the Spring 2008 Weeknight program?

Stats:
WExp: 5 years in Entertainment Industry
GMAT: 660
UGPA: 3.3[/quote]
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 05:11
Profile:

Male/28

4.5 Years Work Ex. (investment banks in finance/business support)
GMAT = 630 (43 Quant., 34 Verbal, 5.0 AWA)
GPA = 3.5

I only submitted to letters but I think they were very good. Do you think I'm at a disadvantage? Should I get more completed?
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 06:57
I submitted two hard copies with my application (one from my supervisor and one from my CEO) and then another one directly to the dean from a very high ranking individual at NYU, well actually he submitted it himself directly to the dean. Alas all of that got me waitlisted.

Milasha wrote:
pvt101 wrote:
Let me throw this out there; not sure if this will translate to anything?

Of the people who are left, how did you submit your letters of rec.? Online or hard copy?

I did hard copy.

pvt101,
i submitted two required online and recently mailed another one.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 07:17
I did 2 recos both online.

hatethewait wrote:
I submitted two hard copies with my application (one from my supervisor and one from my CEO) and then another one directly to the dean from a very high ranking individual at NYU, well actually he submitted it himself directly to the dean. Alas all of that got me waitlisted.

Milasha wrote:
pvt101 wrote:
Let me throw this out there; not sure if this will translate to anything?

Of the people who are left, how did you submit your letters of rec.? Online or hard copy?

I did hard copy.

pvt101,
i submitted two required online and recently mailed another one.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 14:07
the count is 158 now

one thing i've noticed from the people who are in the new student database is that nyu really tries hard to diversify its student community. for example, out of the 4 people from CompanyX, 1 is from corp finance, 1 from sales and trading, 1 from IT, and 1 from real estate. so it's like you're not only competing against others in the applicant pool, but also against the applicants from your own company.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 14:56
Guys who are waiting .... this might be lights of hope for them (including me)
I saw the forum for Spring 2007 and there someone had reported a database count of 135 around Nov 27. For this year, its 158 already by Nov 8. So my positive guess would be that the total intake would surely be more than 285 for Spring 08.
Let sit tight and wait till we hear back !!

What do you guys think of this ?
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 15:15
Or they are working harder this time so they accepted more people.

shall_win wrote:
I saw the forum for Spring 2007 and there someone had reported a database count of 135 around Nov 27. For this year, its 158 already by Nov 8. So my positive guess would be that the total intake would surely be more than 285 for Spring 08.

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 17:12
that's what I think too. They accepted more people sooner. I doubt they're going to expand the total body.

langone08 wrote:
Or they are working harder this time so they accepted more people.

shall_win wrote:

Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 17:24
Yup- I assume the same thing.So count is becoming lesser day by day and our heartbeats are increasing day by day.....keep your breaths tight guys.

[quote="hatethewait"]that's what I think too. They accepted more people sooner. I doubt they're going to expand the total body.

[quote="langone08"]Or they are working harder this time so they accepted more people.
Current Student
Schools: Cranfield SOM
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 18:39
claricely

Does the database also split the counts by batch - like westchester, washington weeknights and washington weekends?

claricely wrote:
the count is 158 now

one thing i've noticed from the people who are in the new student database is that nyu really tries hard to diversify its student community. for example, out of the 4 people from CompanyX, 1 is from corp finance, 1 from sales and trading, 1 from IT, and 1 from real estate. so it's like you're not only competing against others in the applicant pool, but also against the applicants from your own company.

Last edited by scorpioguy on 08 Nov 2007, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 18:45
scorpioguy wrote:
claricely

Does the database also split the counts in each batch - like westchester, washington weeknights and washington weekends?

The database is not split, it's a list of all students who have accepted for S08. There is no indication of program selection / core group.

The count is still at 158 (and no, I'm not there yet!).
Current Student
Schools: Cranfield SOM
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 18:47
Thanks Beagles

Beagles wrote:
scorpioguy wrote:
claricely

Does the database also split the counts in each batch - like westchester, washington weeknights and washington weekends?

The database is not split, it's a list of all students who have accepted for S08. There is no indication of program selection / core group.

Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 19:35
Beagles- Did you email up NYU asking about this issue?

How about others- Claricely, Do you see your name there after depositing the fees?

[quote="Beagles"]The database is not split, it's a list of all students who have accepted for S08. There is no indication of program selection / core group.

The count is still at 158 (and no, I'm not there yet!).[/quote]
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2007, 05:47
satija wrote:

How about others- Claricely, Do you see your name there after depositing the fees?

Beagles wrote:

Seriously, Beagles, you may want to look into why you're not appearing on the list. I got admit notification last Tuesday, mailed in the deposit Saturday, was on the list by Tuesday/Wednesday. This may be quicker than most ppl (or not) but over 3 weeks for you seems like an unusually long delay.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2007, 06:51
JustSayin wrote:
Seriously, Beagles, you may want to look into why you're not appearing on the list. I got admit notification last Tuesday, mailed in the deposit Saturday, was on the list by Tuesday/Wednesday. This may be quicker than most ppl (or not) but over 3 weeks for you seems like an unusually long delay.

I sent them an email on Wednesday evening, so hopefully my name will magically appear soon.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2007, 08:14
I haven't gotten my official letter yet. Believe I should get the packet in 2-3 days. Then I think I should have 2 weeks to pay the deposit. Also, I think you have to complete a verification process (e.g. you are who you are) AND pay the deposit in order complete the initial registration in which case nyu will add you to the database.

As for the info in the database, it's very general... like name, employer, current job area, undergrad school, and contact info. nothing about which program or which specialization.

the count is still 158 right now. best of luck you guys! hope you guys get in!

satija wrote:

Beagles wrote:

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2007, 09:03
claricely wrote:
I haven't gotten my official letter yet. Believe I should get the packet in 2-3 days.

I'm betting it will be in your mailbox tonight (assuming you are local). I received my package in the mail on a Friday after initially receiving notification on a Tuesday.

For me, it didn't feel real til I got the mailed letter. I'm guessing its the same for you? Congratulations, by the way.

For everyone still waiting, it would seem there are many seats left so keep the faith. You all seem qualified based on your posts and also very dedicated to the program. Hopefully we can be teammates come January. Good luck!
  [#permalink] 09 Nov 2007, 09:03