Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 01:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Oxbridge 2011 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 04:33
yuva1michael wrote:
I just put in my Cambridge JBS app. for last round. :) . Now the waiting game begins.

-- YM

All the best... I have a question.... Do the recommendations also need to go by 16th or they can be submitted at a later date ??
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cambridge (rej w/o int) LBS (rej w/o int) Oxford (admit)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 04:37
zoran wrote:
yuva1michael wrote:
I just put in my Cambridge JBS app. for last round. :) . Now the waiting game begins.

-- YM

All the best... I have a question.... Do the recommendations also need to go by 16th or they can be submitted at a later date ??

Thank you. Need this badly :)

I think so. However, if you have a valid reason as why you could not have recommenders to submit recommendation on time, you can try writing to adcom requesting for extension. You might get lucky.

-- YM
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2011, 01:03
Does anyone know when the employment report for the 2010 be made available? The website still shows only 2008/2009.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 9

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 10:39
This thread is too quiet! Did anyone complete Oxford interviews earlier this week in NY/Oxford and care to share impressions/experience?
Intern
Intern

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 23:58
I had my interview at SBS last week and it was quite fine and relaxed. I prepared for the interview by collecting the typical questions you can find all over the internet.

Why MBA?
Why Oxford?
What was your biggest failure?
What are the most important values for you?
When did you work in a team?
What can you contribute to the class?
How will your classmates describe your personality after one year working together?
What do you want me to ask you?
Any questions?

The interview took place in a very welcoming, nice and friendly atmosphere.

Good Luck to all of you.
Official Business School Representative
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 19 May 2011, 00:37
@chrsrook

We will be publishing data on the employment stats for the class who graduated in 2010 on our website sometime towards the end of next week. So check in then.

Kind regards.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions and Marketing
University of Cambridge Judge Business School
1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 32 [1] , given: 0

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 02:31
This post received
KUDOS
The Employment report for the Cambridge MBA class who graduated in 2010 is now available at

http://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/mba/careers/report.html

You can also read a roundup of the applications for the class starting in September 2011 here :-

http://www.thecambridgembaadmissions.co ... r-mba2011/
Manager
Manager
Schools: HEC Paris,Cambridge (admit), IMD,INSEAD(waiting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 10:02
Hello Folks on this forum or the Cambridge MBA team,
I just submitted my JBS application. Can someone please shed some light on interview notification timeframes - is there a hard date on which all invites go out or do the invites trickle through as and when the application is reviewed?
Kind Regards

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 10:22
ddu

Everyone who submitted their applications by the deadline will be informed by the end of this week.

Kind regards

Conrad Chua
Head, MBA Admissions
Cambridge Judge Business School
Manager
Manager

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 10:58
Conrad,Thank you for the response

Kind Regards
Debmalya

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 08:35
Oxford - interview invite
Cambridge - rejection without interview invite

regards
YM
Manager
Manager

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 09:44
received my Cambridge interview invitee today morning.. excited at crossing the first hurdle...looking forward to the actual interview now..

Best of luck to all who are awaiting decision....
Intern
Intern

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 09:47
ddu wrote:
received my Cambridge interview invitee today morning.. excited at crossing the first hurdle...looking forward to the actual interview now..

All the best :-)

Can you please let me know more about your profile? and where else you applied? Did you checked all those programs in Cambridge marketing form?

regards
YM
Manager
Manager

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 10:12
yuva1michael wrote:
ddu wrote:

Can you please let me know more about your profile? and where else you applied? Did you checked all those programs in Cambridge marketing form?

regards
YM

Hello YM,

My brief profile details - An Indian with 9 yrs exp(spread between India, U.S and very briefly U.K) with an MNC in the I.T. Consulting space .. focus area has business intelligence/business information management catering to companies in the financial services domain....

I have applied to Cambridge , Oxford and HEC (interview invitees from all) and considering applying to IMD and INSEAD.. really looking forward to my Cambridge interview though because of the university's larger than life brand recognition across the world and the strength of the program in strategy consulting...

Not sure about the Cambridge marketing forum... I was pretty clear about the university's recognition across the world and especially in India even before considering an MBA ..... And then , I researched about the program on the school's website and found the program to meet my career needs..

How about yourself?

Regards
Intern
Intern

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 10:16
ddu,

My profile is similar. Indian/male/9 years in IT of which 5 years in USA.

My question about marketing form: while filling the Cambridge application form, the last but one form has questions about where else you are applying. Did you select the "Oxford" and "HEC" there? or you left them blank?

-- YM

ddu wrote:
yuva1michael wrote:
ddu wrote:

regards
YM

Hello YM,

My brief profile details - An Indian with 9 yrs exp(spread between India, U.S and very briefly U.K) with an MNC in the I.T. Consulting space .. focus area has business intelligence/business information management catering to companies in the financial services domain....

I have applied to Cambridge , Oxford and HEC (interview invitees from all) and considering applying to IMD and INSEAD.. really looking forward to my Cambridge interview though because of the university's larger than life brand recognition across the world and the strength of the program in strategy consulting...

Not sure about the Cambridge marketing forum... I was pretty clear about the university's recognition across the world and especially in India even before considering an MBA ..... And then , I researched about the program on the school's website and found the program to meet my career needs..

How about yourself?

Regards
Manager
Manager

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 10:21
YM-
Frankly I don't remember.. But I would like to believe that I had correctly ticked the check boxes..If not, I would like to correct that during my interview or later in the process .

Does that worry you though ? :-D .. I think admission committee members from all schools pretty much know that applicants apply to multiple schools ..so communicating that shouldnt be an issue
Intern
Intern

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 10:31
From what I gather from previous threads, many good profiles got rejected by Cambridge without interview. The kind of people who ended up in LBS/INSEAD!!! So, I am just wondering as why I got rejected. Either my profile is too good (which I want believe :P, but my conscience does not allow me) or I just got lucky with Oxford interview invite. Either way, I will come to know more tomorrow. LBS interview invite decisions are coming out tomorrow.

One quick question: Do you think Cambridge is more known in India than Oxford? I have grown seeing Oxford dictionary, not other way around. Just curious.

BTW, when is your interview? All the very best for your interview.

-- YM

ddu wrote:
YM-
Frankly I don't remember.. But I would like to believe that I had correctly ticked the check boxes..If not, I would like to correct that during my interview or later in the process .

Does that worry you though ? :-D .. I think admission committee members from all schools pretty much know that applicants apply to multiple schools ..so communicating that shouldnt be an issue
Manager
Manager

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 10:47
yuva1michael wrote:
From what I gather from previous threads, many good profiles got rejected by Cambridge without interview. The kind of people who ended up in LBS/INSEAD!!! So, I am just wondering as why I got rejected. Either my profile is too good (which I want believe :P, but my conscience does not allow me) or I just got lucky with Oxford interview invite. Either way, I will come to know more tomorrow. LBS interview invite decisions are coming out tomorrow.

One quick question: Do you think Cambridge is more known in India than Oxford? I have grown seeing Oxford dictionary, not other way around. Just curious.

BTW, when is your interview? All the very best for your interview.

-- YM

ddu wrote:
YM-

I think both the Cambridge and the Oxford brands have no parallels... Its just like Harvard in U.S.. Its about its tradition, its history.. Personally, they are more than mere universities..I prefer to call them the "mecca" of education...

I agree with your point about Oxford Dictionary and Webster's dictionary.. On the other hand you have leaders like Jawaharlal Nehru, Rajiv Gandhi et all - all studied under the Cambridge banner ... So yeah... no doubt the "Cambridge" brand recognition is phenomenal in India ....

I was interested in a program which had a strong core curriculum, focus on strategies in context of emerging markets , special tie-ups and focus on India , would teach me more about social responsibility in context of private sector's focus in emerging markets - the Cambridge program exceeded my expectations on all fronts
Intern
Intern

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 11:05
Hi Guys!

This is my first post here. I applied to both Cambridge and Oxford. I was denied at Cambridge without interview. About Oxford I applied during this last stage whose deadline is now the 10th of June and I did not receive any answer yet. There is few information about this exceptional deadline so I have some doubts. If we get rejected, do they say something? Is anybody in the same situation?

My profile
6 works experience
660GMAT
Healthcare industry

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern

Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 11:08
When did you apply to Oxford? I got my response in 2 weeks time. You can give or take few days to it. Even I applied for extended 10th June dead line. But, I applied 2 weeks ago.

-- YM

onemore wrote:
Hi Guys!

This is my first post here. I applied to both Cambridge and Oxford. I was denied at Cambridge without interview. About Oxford I applied during this last stage whose deadline is now the 10th of June and I did not receive any answer yet. There is few information about this exceptional deadline so I have some doubts. If we get rejected, do they say something? Is anybody in the same situation?

My profile
6 works experience
660GMAT
Healthcare industry

Thanks in advance.
Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants   [#permalink] 26 May 2011, 11:08