Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 13:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate my argument

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Please evaluate my argument [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2010, 13:33
"Recent technological improvements in electronic mail (E-mail) will resolve existing corporate communication problems. Vast quantities of information about products, services, and market transactions as well as most basic business communications, can be electronically exchanged, quickly and at a relatively low cost."

The argument that recent technological improvements will resolve existing corporate communication problems is not entirely logically convincing because it ignores certain critical assumptions.
Firstly,the argument wrongly assumes that the recent technological improvements will be sufficient enough to solve the existing problems that the corporate sectors faces right now.It is possible that the recent advancements in E-mail are not sufficient enough to solve the problems.Moreover, it is possible that the corporate sector has certain other requirements that even the advanced form of E-mail is unable to provide.For instance, there could be security issues with the advanced E-mail which do not sufficiently protect business communication between corporates.
Secondly,the argument never addresses the problems being faced by the corporate sector in communication for which it requires solution .For example,It is possible that the one of the requirements of corporate communication is the usage of a particular template to be used for all business communication.However,the argument is weakened if,even the advancements in E-mail are not able to solve the matter.
Thirdly,the argument is does not provide any comparisons of the problems faced by the corporate sector before the advancements and after the advancements.It is possible that there are some issues that need attention even after incorporating the advanced changes.For example, the issue of access to the system which enables business communication between corporates could still be a major concern.
Thus the argument is not completely sound because the evidence provided in support of the conclusion is ambiguous at best.
Ultimately,the argument could have been strengthened by providing some data on the problems that the corporates before advanced E-mail came into use and whether all the issues have been taken care of.Also , a study showing the effects of the advanced E-mail on corporate communication could have supported the argument.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think you can,you can
If you think you can't,you are right.

Please evaluate my argument   [#permalink] 18 Jan 2010, 13:33