Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 15:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please guide me experts !!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Please guide me experts !!! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2010, 06:33
Hi Everybody!!!

First of all thanks for this wonderful site. This site is simply superb!!

I am planning to give my GMAT by april end. So i have around 4 months of preparation time. I have the following books with me -

1.OG 12
2.Kaplan gmat premier 2010 live online
3.Manhattan GMAT SC
4.Manhattan GMAT CR & RC(Single Book)
5.GMAT CR Bible from powerscore
6.Manhattan GMAT fractions & Decimals
7.Manhattan GMAT word translations

I am a bit confused about which books to start with and in which order. I know that Manhattan SC,CR & RC(Single Book), are topic specific books for SC, CR and RC respectively. Also CR Bible from powerscore is for CR.

So for verbal, should i start with Kaplan(Book 2) and cover all the 3 in this book(namely SC,RC & CR), also the test & exercises and then read the manhattan books(Book 3,4) and GMAT CR Bible(Book 5) topics vice and also the corresponding test & exercises ? In this way i cover all the verbal topics generally(from Kaplan) and then cover verbal topic vice(from manhattan & powerscore CR). After this, i should use OG for verbal. Is this approach ok ??

For Quantitative, i am not sure which book to start. For Quantitative as well, should i start with kaplan and go through all the topics in it. Or since i have Manhattan GMAT fractions & Decimals and Manhattan GMAT word translations should i go through these manhattan first and then kaplan ?
Please tell me how to use these 3 books, kaplan , manhattan frac & dec , manhattan word translations....

For both verbal & quantitative, i will be using OG at the end only. Please help/Guide me. Thanks a ton !!!

Regards
Ganesh
Class of 2012
Great Lakes Institute of Management
http://greatlakes.edu.in

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Yale SOM
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please guide me experts !!! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2010, 13:45
I'd start by taking a diagnostic test to see where you stand. Assess your weaknesses and strengths and then you can set up a study schedule. I'd start with Kaplan as it gives a nice overview of the test and some good strategies. Take that diagnostic and come back and tell us what you got.
Manager
Manager

Re: Please guide me experts !!! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2010, 16:41
Hi, i took the GmatPrep without any sort of preparation. I scored 480 in it. Quant 32 and verbal 24. Low scores because i did it without any sort of prior preparation.

Please let me know what my plan should be.

Thanks

Regards
Ganesh
Class of 2012

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please guide me experts !!! [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2010, 19:52
Here's my study plan (in order) which I'm about a month into:

1. Kaplan Premier
2. Kaplan Math Workbook
3. OG 11
4. OG Verbal and Math Review books
5. GMATClub tests.

From what I've researched, one of the most important aspects during your prep is to take practice CATs. I have about 7-8 scheduled during my three month long prep. (2 GMATPreps and 6 MGMATs). Also, when doing questions, make sure to keep an error log and be honest with your performance. I've found assessing your mistakes is one of the best ways to improve your score.
Manager
Manager

Re: Please guide me experts !!! [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 08:28
Thanks perserverance!! It was helpful!!

But i need someone to tell me the order of study for the books tat i have mentioned, especially for maths.

Regards
Ganesh
Class of 2012

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Please guide me experts !!! [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 09:51
Compared with Verbal, Quant is my weakness. I've done the Kaplan Premier Book and the Kaplan Math Workbook. You might want to consider purchasing the Kaplan Math Workbook to brush up on some of the basics/strategies before you hit the MGMAT materials. It seemed to really help me out. I've gone from a Q38 on my diagnostic to a Q44 on my last MGMAT practice CAT. Hopefully others will chime in with their suggestions.

Good luck.
Manager
Manager

Re: Please guide me experts !!! [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2010, 07:06
Hmm thanks. I just started with Kaplan and probably will move on to MGMAT books. The hard part is actually fine tuning or rather oiling my brain to learn after so many years...

Regards
Ganesh
Class of 2012

Re: Please guide me experts !!!   [#permalink] 05 Jan 2010, 07:06