Your profile seems solid so far. You will have to demonstrate leadership potentials. Good volunteer experience.
What is your short-term career goal? Based on your career goal, research the schools by talking to current students to better understand which schools best support your learning and growth. Investing time in due diligence is critical. It will help you articulate "why xxx school" more confidently in essays and during interviews. I would recommend try narrowing down the list to 4-5 schools to apply to.
I've been an alumni interviewer for London Business School for the past ten years. The school looks for people who takes the initiative to organize events and activities they're interested in. The experience is very much driven by the students, so you will have to demonstrate that you are someone who will contribute greatly to the school.
Feel free to contact me if you are interested in admissions consulting. email@example.com
If you like this post, please give it KUDOS!
Hi Marvel Admissions,
My name is Matija and I would really appreciate your help and any assistance in evaluating my chances of getting in some of the top MSc Management programs in Europe. Currently I am back home in Croatia studying for my GMAT exam which am taking on Feb 23rd. I aware of the fact that GMAT is one of the major facts when applying for schools. However, please let me know as it is right now how am I standing compared to other students around the world, also any recommendation, suggestion or anything about the GMAT would be more then welcome.
DePaul University Chicago, IL June 2012 (Wel respected University in US, especially n Illinois in the field of business)
Bachelor of Science in Commerce: Management/ Entrepreneurship Concentration (3.52 GPA)
Hypo-Alpe-Adria Bank d.d., Zagreb, Croatia
Assistant to the Management Bord of Hypo-Alpe-Adria Bank d.d.. (Summer 2011)
• Assisted members of the board on various projects and duties
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills, self motivation and the ability to work well in collaborative environments
• Presentation preparation and marketing research
• Maintaining confidentiality on important information
• Support in events organization
Beatus- Fides d.o.o. Zagreb, Croatia
Manager Assistant (Summer 2010)
• Organizing files
• Perform daily operations of office as assigned
• Working on the field
• Emphasize creative thinking and facilitate the development of the uniqe work
• Managed the communication department and facilitated company’s negotiations with foreign partners
• DePaul University Division 1 Men’s Tennis Member (2008- 2012)
• Big East Conference All Academic Team (2008-2010)
• Big East Conference Academic All Star Team (2008-2012)
• DePaul University Dean’s Academic Honors List (2008-2012)
• Scholarship student-athlete
I was a college tennis athlete for full 4 years while being in the college, last two years I was also a captain of the team who led his team to be top 35 programs on the NCAA rankings.
St. Vincent DePaul Service Day (2008-2012)
GIve Kids The World (helping mentally disabled kids by providing them care, food, attention and joy for the entire day in Orlando, FLorida)
Safe House (working with ex-inmates by improving their education skills and improving their communication with others. I was there for 3 months-4 days a week in Chicago)
Please let me know if there is anything else I should mention in my brief resume.
Schools I am planning to apply for masters in management (not MBA):
Cass Business School (London)
Christine Lin | Marvel Admissions
http://marveladmissions.com/ | Marvel Admissions Blog