Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 504
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.25
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation request [#permalink]
mravilla wrote:
Hi

I took my GMAT few days back and ended up scoring 660/Q49 , V31 ... Does my verbal score affect my prospects of admission into colleges I apply?? ... I scored much lower than I could in Verbal because of improper time management :( .. I want to retake GMAT in September this year... But... Iam little sceptic that I would miss applying in Round 1 and might have to apply in Round 2 itself...

My GPA is 3.8
Work experience : 2 years in IT field

Can you please suggest if I need to retake GMAT or start the application process??

Thanks in advance!!

Just wanted to interject and say that it all depends on what school you plan to apply. Your verbal score may not be as far off as you imagine as significantly more people score much higher in Quantitative than verbal especially if you come from a STEM degree.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Thanks for the reply.... Iam looking forward to apply for Full-Time General management stream in bschools in US .Please tell me which good universities are in my reach and How can I get in touch with the universities!!?...which application consultants are good that can help me in preparing a better application to universities??

justbequiet wrote:
mravilla wrote:
Hi

I took my GMAT few days back and ended up scoring 660/Q49 , V31 ... Does my verbal score affect my prospects of admission into colleges I apply?? ... I scored much lower than I could in Verbal because of improper time management :( .. I want to retake GMAT in September this year... But... Iam little sceptic that I would miss applying in Round 1 and might have to apply in Round 2 itself...

My GPA is 3.8
Work experience : 2 years in IT field

Can you please suggest if I need to retake GMAT or start the application process??

Thanks in advance!!

Just wanted to interject and say that it all depends on what school you plan to apply. Your verbal score may not be as far off as you imagine as significantly more people score much higher in Quantitative than verbal especially if you come from a STEM degree.
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello,

It sounds like you could use some assistance with this whole application process. We have a team of experienced admissions consultants available, and we do start by offering a free 30 minute consultation option, so if you are interested, you can register for that at www.mbamission.com/consult.

You would ideally like to score at or above the school's average GMAT; each school posts their GMAT on their website and they're also listed on rankings such as the US News & World Report ranking. So if you feel you could score significantly better by re-taking, that could bump up your chances at more competitive schools, even if Round 2, just food for thought! Good luck and let us know how we can help!
Moderator:
1452 posts