Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request - Advice for Future

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Economics
Schools: Stanford '16
GPA: 4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request - Advice for Future [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2011, 18:30
Hi,

I'm hoping to get some information on where I stand in terms my strength as an applicant. I will not be applying for another 2-3 years and am consequently also looking for advice about what I should be doing over the next few years to strengthen my application.

My stats:
- GMAT: 790 (Q51, V49)

- Undergraduate GPA: 3.76 (was enrolled in dual degree program at the University of Pennsylvania)
~ received Bachelor in Science in Engineering in Chemical Engineering
~ received Bachelor in Science in Economics from Wharton undergrad (not sure if the fact that I already have taken a lot of business courses will hurt in applications)

- will begin working at Boston Consulting Group this fall

- during undergrad I was involved in a little community service (taught west Philadelphia children), was VP of the Dean's Advisory Board, and helped found and run (was Treasurer) a student group for Chemical Engineers

I'm shooting for Harvard or Stanford but haven't done too much research on the programs. I know my gmat score will give me a shot, but unfortunately the application process involves more than just a test score. Also, what should I do over the next couple of years to improve my odds? I know that I need to do well at work, but do also need to get involved with community service outside of work?

Appreciate your time. Thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation Request - Advice for Future [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2011, 08:51
Expert's post
Hi ndn,

You have a very strong candidacy. In some ways the information you have written reminds me of another client we worked with who was accepted into Harvard Business School and Stanford.

I recommend you read this case study, as it should provide insight into the application process: http://www.stacyblackman.com/comprehens ... ies/case4/

Hope this was of help.

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap