You are very accomplished. We should talk and get more clarity around your career goals in order to help with school selection. http://marveladmissions.com/the-power-i ... eer-goals/
Your years of works experience will be on the lower end of the range. You will have to demontrate maturity and leadership capability through work and extracurricular activities.
We start working with applicants as early as few years before they actually apply in order to provide career and leadership coaching to enhance their profiles. We would be happy to talk to you if you are interested. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like this post, please give it KUDOS!
I secured a 720(Q48 V41 AWA 6) in gmat. Now faced with the question - which schools am i looking at with this score and my profile!?
Undergrad: ( B. E. -Chemical Engineering) - from Manipal Institute of Technology (among the top 15 colgs in India) - 2010
- graduated summa cum laude
Masters: (M. Tech. - Energy Studies) - from IIT Delhi ( among the top 3 colgs in India) - 2012
- gpa of 8.65/10 ( among the top 5 on the class)
GMAT: 720 - Q48 (80th percentile) and V41(92nd percentile), AWA (6)
Work Ex: Consultant(Energy) in one of the Big 4 consulting firms from June 2012 (Planning to apply for Fall 2014 - clocking in a little over 2 years of work exp)
- Currently spearheading projects in the fields of public policy centred on energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Active in CSR activities as well as intra office activities
- conducted an energy audit of a petroleum refinery for 6 months, the observations and sugestions of which resulted in significant savings for the refinery. (Undergrad project)
- developed a new diesel fuel (diesel microemulsion fuel) as a part of Masters thesis.
Positions of Responsibility:
- M. Tech. Representative in the Students Affairs Council during Graduation ( Masters program)
- Was the President of the Student Council during Under Grad. - work involved conducting fests, student welfare activites, community service activities, etc.
- Management Captain of a team that designed and built a baja to take part in the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) International Baja Competition 2009 (ranked 62nd out of 120). Work involved procuring funds for the
project, advertising, budgeting and a lot of co-ordinating with the colg authorities.
- Secretary of a National Technical Club (Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers)
- a career in free style skating (1995 to 2004)- won national level prizes (gold - 11, silver - 8, bronze -6)
- badminton player - member of the colg team during Under Grad.
- Chess: ranked 16th in the state level open chess tournament
Could you pls give me an idea as to which schools could i consider "safe" or competitive or stretch with this profile and a 720 on the gmat?? I am very keen to pursue an mba in technology management or strategy.
Christine Lin | Marvel Admissions
http://marveladmissions.com/ | Marvel Admissions Blog