Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 07:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Round 1 Promotion

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 179

Round 1 Promotion [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2011, 00:18
Expert's post
GMAT Club:
I wanted to get this in front of anyone applying for round 1 of the 2011-2012 season. This promo is good until 5/31/2011.

For any member purchasing a Full School Engagement, additional discounting will be applied in the following cases and if payment is made in full:

Purchase three schools during your initial engagement, you will receive a fourth school at no additional charge.
    Purchase four schools during your initial engagement, you will receive a fifth school at no additional charge.
    Purchase five schools during your initial engagement, you will receive a sixth and seventh school at no additional charge.

The Full School Engagement includes the following areas:

School Selection and Candidacy Evaluation – This is a discussion that centers on the appropriate MBA programs to which the candidate should apply. “Appropriate” indicates programs that make sense for the client’s background and strengths. Sometimes the Client “knows” what schools they want to apply to. However a discussion is warranted to draw out exactly how well the client is suited to the culture and profile of the desired school.
    “MBA Acceptance Equation” - This is a discussion of the Client’s current work experience, academic performance, personal passions and philanthropic pursuits, school selection, and logical fit with their goals. It will be positioned from an MBA admissions committee point of view.
    Personal Branding – This is a discussion that describes exactly who a client is as an applicant to the various business schools. It is used to guide the client, maintains consistency and creates a “personal brand” for use when crafting essays. While many of the components are contained in this document, this discussion directly applies your background to the selected schools.
    Essays – A dissection of school specific essay questions for the client. AACG details what the essay questions are really asking beyond face value. After a discussion(s) regarding the intricacies of each essay prompt, the client knows what points they need to hit on to craft a persuasive essay. They also know the correct structure in which to craft their essay. The client with their AACG consultant will go through several iterations/drafts. The drafts are then reviewed by other MBA students and alumni who critique the essays for content, grammar, style and structure.
    Resume – A business school resume will be prepared in order to maintain a consistent client message. This type of resume is not the same as a resume that one would use when applying for a position. AACG assists the client in placing their relevant experience into terms and a format that is readily digestible by the Admissions Committee.
    Letters of Recommendation – Guidance on how to generate letters of recommendation is provided based on client strengths and weaknesses. AACG describes what elements a recommender will need to address in order to provide an appropriate recommendation. The client and consultant will also discuss who to approach, how and with what documentation in order to facilitate the process. This guidance provides a starting point for your recommender’s objective recommendation of you.
    Review of Final Submission Package – A review each client’s final submission package in the final days before submission to an MBA program is in order. This ensures that all parts of the application are consistent, in effect making sure all the t’s are crossed and the i’s dotted. The potential to drop the ball here is huge. What may seem like a trivial application question can be a test in consistency across all parts of the application.
    School Interaction Guidance - AACG assists the client with scheduling visits and interaction with the school. This includes information sessions, specific class visits, interaction with alumni. This puts the client’s name out there and in the minds of the Admissions Committee members.
    Mock Interview – AACG consultants were former admission interviewers for top MBA programs, consulting firms and investment banks. AACG will conduct a mock interview with the client, provide guidance on the questions and then provide nuanced feedback on the client’s response and presence.
    Waitlist Guidance – Should the client be waitlisted at any of their programs, AACG follows up with guidance on additional recommendations, school interaction, communication timelines and protocol. Every effort is made to ensure the client moves to the top of the waitlist, off of the waitlist and into the program.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Re: Round 1 Promotion [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2011, 19:31
i wish i knew about this deal in May :(
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 50 [1] , given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Round 1 Promotion [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2011, 10:36
This post received
KUDOS
Quote:
Purchase three schools during your initial engagement, you will receive a fourth school at no additional charge.
Purchase four schools during your initial engagement, you will receive a fifth school at no additional charge.

I know this is an old post, but I love how no one commented that these two offers are entirely redundant with each other. Great marketing!

My blog: http://www.theapplicationist.blogspot.com/
My application status: 2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595.html#p983273

MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 179

Re: Round 1 Promotion [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2011, 23:55
Expert's post
hello212,

Maybe no one commented on that, because A) why would someone take time out of their day to make nothing more than a rude comment, and B) you are incorrect.

It is not redundant.

The offers were:

3+1 (so a 4-school package for the price of a 3-school Package)
4+1 (a 5-School package for a price of a 4-School Package)

Normally I would not stoop down to respond to something like this, but I also didn't feel like leaving that hanging out there as the last word on something that was actually a pretty helpful offer for some of our early bird clients. We will likely run a similar promotion next year as all parties benefited (early planning for consultants of our firm and more time to work on applications + financial benefits for our clients).

Respectfully,

Paul Lanzillotti

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Round 1 Promotion [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2011, 20:01
Hi Paul,

I see that this offer was only valid if I had signed up for consultation before May, 2011. Do you have any other current offers ?

Thanks,
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Round 1 Promotion [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2013, 10:53
Hi Paul,

Do you have other promotions upcoming, especially for early birds (since it is now June and the due dates are in October)?

Stephanie
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Round 1 Promotion [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2013, 06:27
I had the worst experience with Paul.
Spent my entire savings for stories that were fraudulent and copied from other applicants. No matter how early you sign up for his service, you will be submitting your applications on the deadline date.