Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 20:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

"Strengthening and most logically completes question same?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
"Strengthening and most logically completes question same? [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 13:07
Hi i am presently reading Power score CR bible....And have a question is "Strengthening and most logically completes" question same.....?

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)

Re: "Strengthening and most logically completes question same? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2011, 11:23
Kindly reply!!!!

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status: schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 3: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 50

GMAT Tests User
Re: "Strengthening and most logically completes question same? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2011, 11:38
No, strengthening an argument and logically completing something are two different questions.

1. In strengthening an argument, the aim of the game is to add another piece of evidence, if true, that makes your argument more solid. Your stimulus or blurb must have a conclusion here.

2. In questions when you are asked to logically complete something, you are trying to infer what a conclusion is based on a set of facts given. There may be a sub-conclusion here, but these sub-conclusions are still premises for the the final conclusion, which you need to figure out based on the stimulus.

Hope that helps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 46

Re: "Strengthening and most logically completes question same? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2011, 11:40
prateekbhatt wrote:
Hi i am presently reading Power score CR bible....And have a question is "Strengthening and most logically completes" question same.....?

The answer is NO.
In short - "Strengthening question" strengths the argument but "most logically complete" question logically complete the argument and it may stregthen, weaken or stay neutral.
Hope it helps.

Cheers!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What you do TODAY is important because you're exchanging a day of your life for it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Director
Director

Re: "Strengthening and most logically completes question same? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2011, 11:46
Hi,thank you so much for replying also as i have manhattan SC after reading from power score i generally practice from manhattan as they have the OG matrix in them....So there i saw in strengthen topic even logical ques's were there......?

Any clue why was that given below the same heading.....?

More useful links-->

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 46

Re: "Strengthening and most logically completes question same? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2011, 12:16
@prateekbhatt - please provide the exact question or sample question so that we can nail down the exact concern/ problem you have. Cheers.

What you do TODAY is important because you're exchanging a day of your life for it!

Director
Director

Re: "Strengthening and most logically completes question same? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2011, 12:21
Ok..Well my only concern is that when i am practicing strengthen questions which are listed in Manhattan CR from OG i see Most logically completes ques as well with strengthen ques.....So i am getting little confused because You said that they are different, then why is it listed in manhattan CR matrix ....

Manhattan matrix list is for practicing from OG and it is divided topic wise....

More useful links-->

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Re: "Strengthening and most logically completes question same?   [#permalink] 18 Oct 2011, 12:21