Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 20:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stressing!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Stressing!!! [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2007, 19:44
I'm getting ready to take the GMAT in 4 days on 7/14. I have made it past the deadline to reshedule the test for $50. So far, I've made a 420 on the Kaplan CAT (before studying) and a 490 on the GMATprep1. I have to make a 550 inorder to get into the graduate program at my school. Do you all suggest that I take the test or cancel? I am worried about making the same score as the practice and having to retake. Thanks in advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2007, 20:53
I would suggest you take GMATprep 2 and stay with your goal to take the test on the 14th. But it is your moolah! The GMATprep's are the best gauge of your actual performance! If you feel you need more time, cancel. But read over the topics for study strategy on this forum. I'm relatively new to this site, and I've already found its content priceless!
In the case that you decide to take it as planned, remember: A lot of your prep is mental! Don't psyche yourself out! Work on your pacing so you make sure you finish each section. Look for explanations on the areas that are giving you problems or just taking you longer to solve.
Then get a good night's rest (good luck with that--but remember, it's all mental), eat a good breakfast, put on something comfy, and relax while you're in the test room.
Calm...
Cool...
Collected!
You'll do great! Just tell yourself "I WILL score 650! I know this stuff!"
It sounds cheesy, but so does letting the GMAT intimidate you!
Keep the winning attitude and let me know how you do! :-D
Best of luck!
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Stressing!!! [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2007, 06:06
clhunte wrote:
I'm getting ready to take the GMAT in 4 days on 7/14. I have made it past the deadline to reshedule the test for $50. So far, I've made a 420 on the Kaplan CAT (before studying) and a 490 on the GMATprep1. I have to make a 550 inorder to get into the graduate program at my school. Do you all suggest that I take the test or cancel? I am worried about making the same score as the practice and having to retake. Thanks in advance.

clhunte,
Dont stress yourself. Believe in yourself , keep a positive attitude and and go ahead and give the test. All the best !!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2007, 06:13
Thanks guys, I appreciate that.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2007, 11:51
I can relate! I just scheduled my test today (for July 28) and I already feel like crying! I scored a 590 on GMATPrep 1 and a 600 on #2. I'm aiming for 650-670. I'm hoping to find some good last-minute study tips on the boards.

I just have this horrible feeling that I'm going to be a wreck on the day of the test. I feel like the whole rest of my life hinges on this one test! Eek!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2007, 20:18
ishcabibble:
Ditto to what I said above! RELAX! :P You are putting WAY to much pressure on yourself! Let's say you even bomb the test, or you don't meet your goal...that doesn't mean you're a failure and will never succeed in business! What it means is that you get to get accustomed to failure before b-school!
Ask any executive if he's gotten through his career without bombing a project or a major decision or failed at something else, and I guarantee you they will have many stories to tell! They'll probably also say something to the affect that "It's not how many times you get knocked down that matters; it's how many times you get back up again!" That mentality is what separates great leaders and managers from the rest of the firm!
If you look on this forum you will see many many examples of people who scored below their expectations on the first try and then overshot their goal on the second. The only tough thing about not hitting your goal should be the $250 you have to pay to retake it! :P
It's mostly in your head! Just be confident and don't psyche yourself out!
Good Luck!
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2007, 06:12
simonsanchez wrote:
ishcabibble:
Ditto to what I said above! RELAX! :P You are putting WAY to much pressure on yourself! Let's say you even bomb the test, or you don't meet your goal...that doesn't mean you're a failure and will never succeed in business! What it means is that you get to get accustomed to failure before b-school!
Ask any executive if he's gotten through his career without bombing a project or a major decision or failed at something else, and I guarantee you they will have many stories to tell! They'll probably also say something to the affect that "It's not how many times you get knocked down that matters; it's how many times you get back up again!" That mentality is what separates great leaders and managers from the rest of the firm!
If you look on this forum you will see many many examples of people who scored below their expectations on the first try and then overshot their goal on the second. The only tough thing about not hitting your goal should be the $250 you have to pay to retake it! :P
It's mostly in your head! Just be confident and don't psyche yourself out!
Good Luck!

Good Point Simon. A few positive thoughts and a few words of encouragement can mean a alot. Keep up the spirit guys :)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2007, 10:05
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone!
  [#permalink] 11 Jul 2007, 10:05