Hello. I'm looking for ways to improve my quant score. I'm taking my first GMAT exam in a bit less than one month. The verbal section has always come pretty easily to me, but math is the bane of my existence. Here are my seven GMATPrep practice exam scores (starting with the earliest exam I took):
1. Quantitative 46, Verbal 44, Total 730
2. Quantitative 44, Verbal 45, Total 720
3. Quantitative 49, Verbal 41, Total 740
4. Quantitative ?, Verbal ?, Total 740
5. Quantitative 45, Verbal 44, Total 720
6. Quantitative 49, Verbal 47, Total 760
7. IR 5, Quantitative 47 (76th percentile), Verbal 45 (99th percentile), Total 740 (97th percentile)
I recognized 5-10 repeated questions in my last practice exam. I tend to get between 9 and 12 wrong on the quantitative section and between 4 and 6 wrong on the verbal section. I've never finished the quantitative section with time to spare, although I tend to finish the verbal section with 10-15 minutes to spare.
I completed the Official Guide (12th Edition) and the official Quantitative Review (2nd Edition) three or four times. Unfortunately, I never kept track of the subject areas that might give me trouble. I feel as if I struggle equally with all subject ares, except algebra
. Also, has anyone found Kaplan
's GMAT Premier book to be helpful for improving their quant score?