Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 08:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Time Crisis (Not enough time...?)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Time Crisis (Not enough time...?) [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 02:00
Hello everyone,

I've been studying for slightly more than 3 weeks and not too sure if I'm on the right track. I'm working with the latest version of the Kaplan prep. book and started with the Quantitative section, as it's suggested in the forum (I'm non English native speaker). I'm reading carefully page by page, trying to understand, memorize the basics and also performing all the exercises, the results are being quite good in terms of understanding and peeking the right answers but I have serious concerns about:

1) I'm more than a week late according to my time-table, It's taking me veeeery long to turn a page!! I'm still in the quantitative section, Is this normal? The problem is the time is very tight, as I want to apply for 2013 so the latest stage is in April, and i still need to get the IELTS and go through all the application process (essays, etc...)

2) I have the feeling that once i finish the quant. sect. I won't remember anything from the beginning, as the book is very good for "amateurs" like me, but need at least an extra week, just for practicing mixed quant.

3) I have the GMAT review book, but if I''m not able to perform faster, I won't even have time to open it.

----------

1) Should I forget about the reading? practicing just exercises and only coming back for the reading If I don't understand a particular question? What is it worth?

2) If I ever finish the quant. section, should I do a "quant day" with mixed exercises every 3 or 4 days of verbal sect. studying?

3) My target date is around 20's of March. Should I consider delaying it?

4) The Kaplan book comes with 6 adaptive tests, and suggests to take a test every weekend or every two. But I don't see the point of taking a whole test if I've only been trough the 70% of the quant section and haven't even looked at the verbal, it's obvious that I won't be able to perform a good score. Shouldn't I save the tests for practicing before the exam?

I'm feeling a bit down at the moment and not sure if I'll be able to meet the target on time. It's the first time I go through a test like this and I'm feeling a bit lost, any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 66

Kudos [?]: 682 [0], given: 116

Premium Member
Re: Time Crisis (Not enough time...?) [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 02:41
Are you a US citizen or an international??... What is the hurry to apply for 2013?

Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Time Crisis (Not enough time...?) [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 03:09
MacFauz wrote:
Are you a US citizen or an international??... What is the hurry to apply for 2013?

You mean why 2013 and not 2014 or 2020?

Well this was the idea from the beginning. I'm applying for an MIM and I'm already 23. Not sure about the idea of delaying it for next year or so, If I don't do it in 2013 maybe is worth forgetting about it and considering an MBA in 3 or 4 years. But i really fancy the Idea of a MIM next year...

Why? Do you think is too tight?

P.D: By the way, I'm en EU citizen
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 66

Kudos [?]: 682 [0], given: 116

Premium Member
Re: Time Crisis (Not enough time...?) [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 03:21
I do not know much about MIM but as far as an MBA is concerned, I am yet to hear good things about applying in R3... Wherever I go, the one constant thing I hear is "If possible, avoid applying in R3"

Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types

Re: Time Crisis (Not enough time...?)   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2013, 03:21