I've been studying for slightly more than 3 weeks and not too sure if I'm on the right track. I'm working with the latest version of the Kaplan
prep. book and started with the Quantitative section, as it's suggested in the forum (I'm non English native speaker). I'm reading carefully page by page, trying to understand, memorize the basics and also performing all the exercises, the results are being quite good in terms of understanding and peeking the right answers but I have serious concerns about:
1) I'm more than a week late according to my time-table, It's taking me veeeery long to turn a page!! I'm still in the quantitative section, Is this normal? The problem is the time is very tight, as I want to apply for 2013 so the latest stage is in April, and i still need to get the IELTS and go through all the application process (essays, etc...)
2) I have the feeling that once i finish the quant. sect. I won't remember anything from the beginning, as the book is very good for "amateurs" like me, but need at least an extra week, just for practicing mixed quant.
3) I have the GMAT review book, but if I''m not able to perform faster, I won't even have time to open it.
1) Should I forget about the reading? practicing just exercises and only coming back for the reading If I don't understand a particular question? What is it worth?
2) If I ever finish the quant. section, should I do a "quant day" with mixed exercises every 3 or 4 days of verbal sect. studying?
3) My target date is around 20's of March. Should I consider delaying it?
4) The Kaplan
book comes with 6 adaptive tests, and suggests to take a test every weekend or every two. But I don't see the point of taking a whole test if I've only been trough the 70% of the quant section and haven't even looked at the verbal, it's obvious that I won't be able to perform a good score. Shouldn't I save the tests for practicing before the exam?
I'm feeling a bit down at the moment and not sure if I'll be able to meet the target on time. It's the first time I go through a test like this and I'm feeling a bit lost, any help will be very much appreciated.