Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Urgent Profile Evaluation Please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 16

Reviews Badge
Urgent Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 04:29
Hi,

I just gave the GMAT & was stunned to see a 650 on the screen. Was hoping to nail the test with at least a 700, but alas 650 is what I got to work with now. I want a reality check on where I stand before spending more moolah on the admission procedure & would really like any inputs / feedback that you guys can share

I am planning to major in General Management & Strategy & Operations during my MBA & pursue a career in the strategic consulting / general insurance space for at the most 10 years before I start my own venture in the Hospitality Sector

Citizen : India
Under Grad Degree : Management Studies (BMS) Major : International Finance & Finance
Obtained First Class with Distinction
Placed 1st in Special Studies in Finance, 2nd in International Finance & Quantative Methods in Business at the College Level
Certification :
-> Certified Financial Planner (CFPCM), FPSB
-> AMFI - Association of Mutual Funds, India
-> Advanced Diplomas in General insurance (Licentiate/ Associate Levels) - Insurance Institute of India
-> Certification in Life Insurance (IRDA)

Work Experience :

Currently working as a consultant in Risk Consulting Department within one of the Big 4's - 1.5 years
-> Constantly got accolades from various clients & have got 2 pay hikes
-> Idependently handled assignments from initial stage itself

Worked as a Relationship Manager at a Leading Financial Planning firm in Mumbai - 1.2 years
-> Wrote various articles & helped set-up the Insurance Planning Department within the firm

Independent Financial Adviser - 7 years (approx)
-> Started this practice right out of school (12th Grade) & have recently have given operational control to a friend. The practice has an AUM of INR 30 Million & caters to HNI clientele
-> I have also helped first time entrepreneurs in the financial service sector during their start up phase

Extra Curricular Achievements :

-> Awarded Gold Medal (Presented by Honorable Vice President of India, Shri Mohammed Hamid Ansari in New Delhi), Silver & Bronze Medals, in Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme (IYAP).
-> Awarded the Best Volunteer Certificate in Akansha Art Program, 2009-2010, 2010-2011.
-> Winner of The Maharashtra State Angling Association Fishing Tournament-1996.
-> Written various financial articles for Apnapaisa.com, Myiris.com, IFA Connect & other financial journals.
-> Attended Dale Carnegie – Training for Young Adults (4 Day Workshop).
-> Participated In The Intel International Science Exhibition for Students.
-> Competed in the University of New South Wales, Australia ETC International Competition for Schools from 1998-2001.
-> An active volunteer & member of The NGO Akansha, The Rotract Club of Churchgate & The Rotract Club of Dadar.
-> Active Sailor & life member of the prestigious Colaba Sailing Club & Bombay Sailing Association
I am looking at applying to the following schools this October
Booth
Tuck
Stern
LBS
Fuqua
INSEAD
ISB
Fuqua
Columbia

Looking forward for your inputs & thanks in advance

Giving +1 kudos is a better way of saying 'Thank You'.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Urgent Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 17:06
Hello,

Your current GMAT - 650 - is on lower side, I would suggest you to take a break and retake.

Point in your favor - You are not an indian male IT applicant (the most competitive pool) , but still you need 700 for the schools mentioned by you.

Rest, I am unable to see concrete leadership experience across your profile, so for remaining days (till Oct 2012)

1) Retake GMAT
2) Look out for some leadership position at work or outside work (EC)

Hope this helps !

Good Luck

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Re: Urgent Profile Evaluation Please   [#permalink] 16 May 2012, 17:06