Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Oct 2014, 20:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Addressing GPA Concerns

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Affiliations: None
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Addressing GPA Concerns [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 10:25
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have any experience addressing a low GPA by taking some additional courses at a community college or other institution and could possibly share your experience. Over the next 6/9 months I want to try and take a calc course or two to make up for some poor grades I had in undergrad. I currently live in Westchester county NY and was wondering if any of you know of what steps to take. I was thinking of going to Westchester Community college, but was curious as to if this method would hold any weight with an admissions department. I have looked at other schools but can't find any information on taking classes at those universities without actually being a full time student.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Current Student
Schools: Haas '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 3

Re: Addressing GPA Concerns [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 15:54
I took accounting and economics at a local community college. I would also recommend calculus and stats if you have need to demonstrate your quant skills. I'm applying R1 this year, so I'll let you know how it turns out! Also, I ended up doing a master's in EE, but I did it because I needed it for my job and not to boost my bschool profile.

Turbonash6 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have any experience addressing a low GPA by taking some additional courses at a community college or other institution and could possibly share your experience. Over the next 6/9 months I want to try and take a calc course or two to make up for some poor grades I had in undergrad. I currently live in Westchester county NY and was wondering if any of you know of what steps to take. I was thinking of going to Westchester Community college, but was curious as to if this method would hold any weight with an admissions department. I have looked at other schools but can't find any information on taking classes at those universities without actually being a full time student.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Addressing GPA Concerns   [#permalink] 24 Apr 2012, 15:54