Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 14:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford R1, Wharton R1, Chicago R1, UCLA R1, Cornell R2
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2010, 21:37
visor wrote:
I suspect that they're only applying a filter for this round of interview. I.e. if your gmat and gpa is above a certain level then you'll get an invite.

I think you may be right about the filter, though I'll bet it's more than just GPA and GMAT. I'm 3.96/760 and I haven't heard anything yet. But, as you probably guessed from my username, I don't have much work experience, so that may be part of the filter as well.

I don't have a good feel for when everyone submitted (since you don't have to be complete to get an invite, who knows if that even matters), but perhaps the process is truly rolling and they are just extending invites as they get applications. Or, as there seem to be so many technology problems, the order of invites could be really random.

...just trying to quiet my own anxiety... :)
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2010, 06:10
Does anyone know how the final decisions are released with regards to timing of the interview? Do those who interview earlier find out before those who interview later, even if the interview invitation was sent out at the same time?

Just curious due to other first round applications.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Ross, Darden, Kellogg, McCombs, Tepper, Georgetown
WE 1: Management Consulting
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2010, 07:33
from what i heard from alums who i work with, their process is truly rolling...i.e. you just hear as they decide if you fit or not...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 12:42
Hi all,

I submitted my application on 15th November. Got an invitation today. Anyone out there in a similar situation?

Last edited by darkranger on 19 Nov 2010, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 15:42
wow that is kinda weird....but damn thats a nice situation to be in....
Intern
Intern
Schools: USC, UT-Austin, Babson
WE 1: Entrepreneur

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2010, 21:52
Quote:
I submitted my application on 15th November. I still have to pay the application fee, need to mail my official transcripts and one of my recommendations is still due. I got an interview invite today(Within 3 days). I am wondering if there was a mistake. Anyone out there in a similar situation?

Unbelievable! But great situation to be in!

As for me, finally today the status page says that the application has been sent to graduate admissions for review! :shock: I had completed all components on 19 Oct!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 07:23
s1ngular1ty wrote:
Quote:
I submitted my application on 15th November. I still have to pay the application fee, need to mail my official transcripts and one of my recommendations is still due. I got an interview invite today(Within 3 days). I am wondering if there was a mistake. Anyone out there in a similar situation?

Unbelievable! But great situation to be in!

As for me, finally today the status page says that the application has been sent to graduate admissions for review! :shock: I had completed all components on 19 Oct!

Wait....mine still says this: "We've received all the items needed to review your application for admission."

Did yours say this before and now change to the application has been sent to adcom for review?
Intern
Intern
Schools: USC, UT-Austin, Babson
WE 1: Entrepreneur

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 08:51
For me there were two status messages -
1. We have received your application and are reviewing it
It changed yesterday to
2. We have receivedall components of your application and it has been sent to graduate admissions for review

No idea what the difference is though!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 08:57
s1ngular1ty wrote:
For me there were two status messages -
1. We have received your application and are reviewing it
It changed yesterday to
2. We have receivedall components of your application and it has been sent to graduate admissions for review

No idea what the difference is though!

This is weird, it doesn't seem to be a standardized message then....mine had they still needed components then it said everyhing was received. But at no point did it say it has been sent for review.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 11:36
I am trying to cancel an interview with an alumnus turns out the system had the wrong location for him. I don't see the button to cancel that the e-mail says should appear. Anyone know how I can't cancel that interview and set up another one? Or an e-mail address for me to correct this issue?

thanks.
Current Student
Schools: Sloan R1, McCombs R1, Ross R1 (w/int), Haas R2, Kellogg R2
WE 1: Product Engineering/Manufacturing
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 11:38
calimba2011 wrote:
I am trying to cancel an interview with an alumnus turns out the system had the wrong location for him. I don't see the button to cancel that the e-mail says should appear. Anyone know how I can't cancel that interview and set up another one? Or an e-mail address for me to correct this issue?

thanks.

Did you email them to set it up first? I've tried to email two alumni and haven't had any luck.

I would try emailing TexasMBA@mccombs.utexas.edu
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 14:02
calimba2011 wrote:

thanks.

I had the same problem. I selected the interviewer without contacting him before realizing the mistake. Sent an email to them requesting the interview invitation to be reset which they did promptly. I scheduled an interview in the 1st week on December with an alumni..

All the best.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2010, 11:34
I am applying at McCombs for Fall-2011 intake!!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2010, 09:25
My status since a long time says 'We've received your application and are currently reviewing it.'
I submitted application on 1st, fee on 9th, transcripts reached on 15th
Looking at the trend of interview invites thru these forums, i dont think i am in the race anymore!!

i'm 660 / 3.7 / 3yr WE... Anyone who got an invite with similar profile??
Just trying hard to keep my hopes alive!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tepper, ISB, McCombs, Emory, Duke, NUS
WE 1: SAP consulting
WE 2: Business Development Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 01:28
I submitted my application today. Posted the transcripts today as well. Time to sit back and relax! 8-)

best of luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Schools: McCombs (accepted), UNC (withdrawn), Darden, Kellogg
WE 1: Advertising
WE 2: Product Management

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2010, 12:42
Anyone had their on-campus interview yet? Curious to see if the questions are similar to years past.
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2010, 05:51
Expert's post
kushagra452 wrote:
I submitted my application today. Posted the transcripts today as well. Time to sit back and relax! 8-)

best of luck everyone!

Sit back and relax is definitely a great attitude to have during the waiting period.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2010, 11:35
add me to the roll call please....

Sorry for joining the thread late.....

GMAT - 690 (Q48 V35 AWA 5.0)
TOEFL - 109

Applied Nov 1st week (R2)

Thanks....
Manager
Manager
Schools: McCombs class of 2013
WE 1: 8 years Navy

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2010, 16:21
I interviewed this last week on campus. It was actually a really good experience. The interviewer was a second year student, and the tone was very informal and conversational. No big surprises in the questions.

I'm really glad that the interview is over, and now it's waiting time. I really want to go to McCombs, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Did anyone else do their interview yet? How did it go?
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Oil and Gas engineer
WE 2: Oil and gas Engineer

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2010, 19:34
Add me to list of McCombs applicants. I am targetting round 2. My profile is 720 GMAT, Sub 3.0 GPA, 4 yrs work ex Oil and Gas sector in Risk Management. Post MBA career is also in Oil and gas.
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants   [#permalink] 28 Nov 2010, 19:34