Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 10:54

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2010, 13:18
I am going to apply by mid December for McCombs in Dallas. I'm not sure about the 80k, but if I get in I am going to try to work it out.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2010
Posts: 25
Location: 5564 miles east of Dutch Harbor
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2010, 13:23
I'm applying to Texas this year, rather get dinged by the admissions committee than ding myself by not applying! I'm going to take the GMAT again the end of November (would be my fifth time) to see if i can improve on the 590 I scored last time. I put my chances of admission at about 1% but i know several UT Alumni who are encouraging me to apply so why not...

Anyway, do you guys know about how the GPA is calculated at this school? From my discussions with the admissions folks it seems as if they account for only 3000 & 4000 level course work which would put my GPA overall at a 3.8, considerably higher than the 3.15 cumulative GPA i have. 8-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2010
Posts: 3
Location: United States (TX)
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2010, 17:13
Applying for the first round through The Consortium, Nov. 15th deadline. Did my undergrad at McCombs so I know the program very well.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 43
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2010, 19:33
My application status says "currently under review", but they haven't received my original transcripts hard copies. Also it's asking for some supporting financial documents. I thought we are supposed to show them when we get an admit. I've mailed them yesterday, will have to wait till Monday to hear back.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2010
Posts: 3
Location: United States (TX)
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2010, 19:40
risin1phoenix wrote:
Also it's asking for some supporting financial documents. I thought we are supposed to show them when we get an admit.


What kind of documents are required? And is that typical? I thought financial documents went exclusively to the financial aid office.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Posts: 46
Schools: Booth (R1 - WL, Admit)
WE 1: Trading Strategy, S&T @ Supermajor
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2010, 11:45
In for R1!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 32
Schools: USC, UT-Austin, Babson
WE 1: Entrepreneur
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2010, 19:27
My status says "We have received your application and are reviewing it". But the TOEFL scores are marked red with the status scores not received. I had applied for a TOEFL waiver but yet to hear on that front :(. Have mailed them but yet to receive any reply. No idea whether app is being reviewed or not!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2010, 06:38
Has anyone received an interview invite yet? Wondering if they are waiting til after Nov. 1 to begin releasing them this year.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2010, 11:03
You can add me to the list, I'm shooting to have my app ready for R2
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2010, 13:19
You can add me to the role call. I just completed/submitted my application. However, I'm seeing some of the same language other people are reporting. It's showing everything as complete but is still saying "Our records indicate that we're missing the documents listed below...."

I'm going to give it a day or so and then call to confirm that I'm good to go.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 228
Schools: Sloan R1, McCombs R1, Ross R1 (w/int), Haas R2, Kellogg R2
WE 1: Product Engineering/Manufacturing
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2010, 13:25
How long did it take before it would let you pay? I submitted Thursday night and still haven't been able to.

Everything is good to go for me once I pay the fee and my transcripts arrive.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 43
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2010, 19:28
well i too submitted on Thursday and I was able to pay on Saturday morning. But I realized quite late that I have to send hard copies of original transcripts too, so they haven't received it yet.

Also the Application Status Check page shows they haven't received my TOEFL score yet. My TOEFL homepage shows under "View Orders" section that they have received. Not sure what's the problem. I sent the adcom an email and they said it might take 7 days to be updated. So just waiting for now.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 43
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2010, 19:34
Gr8Veto wrote:
risin1phoenix wrote:
Also it's asking for some supporting financial documents. I thought we are supposed to show them when we get an admit.


What kind of documents are required? And is that typical? I thought financial documents went exclusively to the financial aid office.


Actually they replied to my email that I do not need to submit financial aid documents till I have been offered admission. But it still shows on my Application Status Check page as "not yet received".
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 35
Location: WWW
Schools: Tepper, ISB, McCombs, Emory, Duke, NUS
WE 1: SAP consulting
WE 2: Business Development Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2010, 20:56
Since McCombs has rolling admissions, does this mean that there is no fixed date for giving out decisions?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2010
Posts: 22
Location: Texas
Schools: McGill Desautels Class of 2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2010, 11:11
MrArms wrote:
You can add me to the role call. I just completed/submitted my application. However, I'm seeing some of the same language other people are reporting. It's showing everything as complete but is still saying "Our records indicate that we're missing the documents listed below...."

I'm going to give it a day or so and then call to confirm that I'm good to go.



I submitted 10/31/10 and was able to pay 11/2/10 and I am still seeing the same message. Did that message ever go away for you?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 46
Schools: Stanford R1, Wharton R1, Chicago R1, UCLA R1, Cornell R2
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2010, 14:09
kurtm85 wrote:
MrArms wrote:
You can add me to the role call. I just completed/submitted my application. However, I'm seeing some of the same language other people are reporting. It's showing everything as complete but is still saying "Our records indicate that we're missing the documents listed below...."

I'm going to give it a day or so and then call to confirm that I'm good to go.



I submitted 10/31/10 and was able to pay 11/2/10 and I am still seeing the same message. Did that message ever go away for you?


It never went away for me, and I got confirmed I was complete on Oct. 29 via email. They said the system was still glitchy. If everyone sees it, you're probably alright. Does it say your application is complete for committee review?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Jul 2010
Posts: 116
Schools: HBS, Ross, Darden, Kellogg, McCombs, Tepper, Georgetown
WE 1: Management Consulting
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2010, 15:25
i got an notification to pay and paid and it changed to paid but i also saw notices below it asking for official transcripts which i have still sent....waiting for that to change to received...
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 62
Location: California
Schools: McCombs R1 ($$), HBS R1, Stanford R1, Anderson R2, Haas R2
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2010, 15:41
amr090 wrote:
i got an notification to pay and paid and it changed to paid but i also saw notices below it asking for official transcripts which i have still sent....waiting for that to change to received...


I had sent my transcript a couple weeks before I submitted my application. It took about a week for the transcript to appear as part of my application- but once it did show up it did say they received it on the correct date, earlier than my application.


Hope this helps. :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2010
Posts: 22
Location: Texas
Schools: McGill Desautels Class of 2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2010, 19:22
earlycareerMBA wrote:
kurtm85 wrote:
MrArms wrote:
You can add me to the role call. I just completed/submitted my application. However, I'm seeing some of the same language other people are reporting. It's showing everything as complete but is still saying "Our records indicate that we're missing the documents listed below...."

I'm going to give it a day or so and then call to confirm that I'm good to go.



I submitted 10/31/10 and was able to pay 11/2/10 and I am still seeing the same message. Did that message ever go away for you?

It never went away for me, and I got confirmed I was complete on Oct. 29 via email. They said the system was still glitchy. If everyone sees it, you're probably alright. Does it say your application is complete for committee review?


Next to Apply Texas Application it says received and everything is green, they have my scores and transcript. Nothing about being ready for committee review though.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 46
Schools: Stanford R1, Wharton R1, Chicago R1, UCLA R1, Cornell R2
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2010, 20:53
kurtm85 wrote:
earlycareerMBA wrote:

It never went away for me, and I got confirmed I was complete on Oct. 29 via email. They said the system was still glitchy. If everyone sees it, you're probably alright. Does it say your application is complete for committee review?


Next to Apply Texas Application it says received and everything is green, they have my scores and transcript. Nothing about being ready for committee review though.


Mine stayed that way, with everything green but no "sent to committee for review" for a couple days. In fact, the blue box that says complete for committee review didn't show up until I sent them an email asking if I needed to send anything else.

I think you are probably fine, I bet they are just sorting through the applications that came in before November 1st and marking them complete as they go.
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants   [#permalink] 04 Nov 2010, 20:53
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
86 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants mc 1389 08 Oct 2010, 10:53
50 Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants subhashghosh 541 19 Jul 2011, 03:28
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants daniel7 0 03 Dec 2010, 10:05
41 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Texas-McCombs Fall 2010 Applicants asimov 1388 11 Oct 2009, 10:15
2 Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! icon 215 17 Jul 2008, 06:27
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  70    Next  [ 1390 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.