Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 06:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
GPA: 3.91
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Re: Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2011, 13:57
So does anyone know if the adcoms prefer to see Experience first, then Education on the resume, or vice versa? The Clear Admit resume guide says to list your education first, and I believe the resumes in the Wharton resume book put education first also. However, I've heard from several MBAs that in the admissions process, you should put experience at the top of your resume and education second. Thoughts?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 560 [1] , given: 30

Re: Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2011, 00:45
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
hogwarts wrote:
So does anyone know if the adcoms prefer to see Experience first, then Education on the resume, or vice versa? The Clear Admit resume guide says to list your education first, and I believe the resumes in the Wharton resume book put education first also. However, I've heard from several MBAs that in the admissions process, you should put experience at the top of your resume and education second. Thoughts?

Well, it's flexible. But the rule of thumb is put the most important stuff FIRST (and most important stuff to the lest). So if you are a regular MBA applicant with experience, that's your work, if you are a new graduate applying to HBS 2+2, then it's your education.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 701 [1] , given: 5

Re: Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2011, 14:15
This post received
KUDOS
The reason education is first for current students is that is what they are currently doing. It is the most relevant info for the jobs they are applying for. Since you are applying to school and are currently working, always lead with your current or most recent job. If you are a current student in pursuing another grad degree then you can lead with your education profile.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 06:24
Where should I put promotions and awards? Should I make a separate section? Currently I just have awards under each accomplishment I've achieved at my job. Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2011, 05:42
I think you should create a separate section for listing awards. You can explain where you achieved these awards. This section can catch the attention of hiring manager
Intern
Intern

Re: Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 04:28
Nice tips given by you.Cover letter is just like the heart of your brand resume.Without a good cover letter your resume is incomplete.So,to get a job or applying for any admission,cover letter should be effective.

I am a resume expert and provide tips about resume skills and its portfolios.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 00:44
There are some open office templates which offer one page resume, You can also use ppt template they provide 1 page resume.
Intern
Intern

Re: Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 03:39
If you feel that any how,you have to add your award listing and it will make a difference then you can add it in your skills section.But if you have a long list of achievements then you can use a separate section to add your achievements and awards.Hope you have found your answer.

I am a resume expert and provide tips about resume skills and its portfolios.

Intern
Intern

Re: Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 06:46
Guys,

I am looking for resume templates for Kellogg business school for the 2 year FT MBA Program.

Any suggestions would be much appprecaited !! Thanks a ton
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton '15
WE: Sales (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 17

Re: Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 20:07
thanks for posting this download
Intern
Intern

Re: Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2012, 13:16
There is plenty of good info here. My two cents would be to check out an online creator site like resume4free (dot) com. It will format and set up your info automatically. It's worth a try. :-D
Intern
Intern

Re: Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 01:55

This discussion has been retired. Please see this post instead: best-resume-cv-format-templates-117758.html

Re: Best Resume/CV Format, Template, Tips   [#permalink] 23 May 2012, 01:55