Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Consulting
Schools:UNC Kenan Flagler, Tepper, McCombs, Rotman
 Q50  V40
WE 1: IT Consulting
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I am from Mumbai. Submitted Round 1. No interview invite yet.[/quote]

From Delhi as well - no invite as of now. Submitting part II in Round 1 by Oct 18th. hoping to see some action post that. On a separate note, what question are you (not only the Indians :) ) choosing in Essay 4?[/quote]

Bangalore - no invite as of now[/quote]

Kolkata -- no Invite yet..
VP
VP
Send PM
mba22 wrote:
I am from Mumbai. Submitted Round 1. No interview invite yet.

From Delhi as well - no invite as of now. Submitting part II in Round 1 by Oct 18th. hoping to see some action post that. On a separate note, what question are you (not only the Indians :) ) choosing in Essay 4?[/quote]

Kolkata -- no Invite yet..[/quote]

Interview invites will most likely go out AFTER October 18. Kellogg's admissions committee does not begin to look at applications until after the submission deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Is anyone else attending the Kellogg Diversity Preview Weekend on Nov 4 and 5? I booked a hotel room at the Best Western - University Plaza (just a few blocks from campus) for Nov 3-5.

If you are attending and would like to share a room with someone to save on costs, let me know! The hotel has two double beds and is $120 per night for the room.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
DR2012 wrote:
Is anyone else attending the Kellogg Diversity Preview Weekend on Nov 4 and 5? I booked a hotel room at the Best Western - University Plaza (just a few blocks from campus) for Nov 3-5.

If you are attending and would like to share a room with someone to save on costs, let me know! The hotel has two double beds and is $120 per night for the room.

I'll be there, but won't be staying at a hotel though.

Do we have an idea what the schedule is? Trying to figure out if I should stay there through Sunday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
mba22 wrote:
I am from Mumbai. Submitted Round 1. No interview invite yet.

From Delhi as well - no invite as of now. Submitting part II in Round 1 by Oct 18th. hoping to see some action post that. On a separate note, what question are you (not only the Indians :) ) choosing in Essay 4?

Kolkata -- no Invite yet..[/quote]

Interview invites will most likely go out AFTER October 18. Kellogg's admissions committee does not begin to look at applications until after the submission deadline.[/quote]

I got an interview invite for an off-campus interview in the US. Somebody else on this forum had an interview in Paris, so they have started sending out off-campus interview invites at hub cities, I think.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa, Kappa Delta
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.9
WE:Other (Venture Capital)
Send PM
DR2012 wrote:

You should probably leave yourself about 30 minutes to walk to campus from that hotel. It's farther from the south end of campus than you'd think and Anderson Hall is in the middle of campus.
VP
VP
Send PM
DR2012 wrote:

I will be attending the Diversity Preview. I plan to get into town early Friday morning. I'm planning to stay through Monday so I can visit Booth as well. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Does anybody have a list of questions that Kellogg sends to the interviewers? I've been looking at questions other programs ask and while I imagine they are very similar I was hoping their was a list for Kellogg?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.84
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I just completed my office campus alumni interview and there wasn't a real "script" - more like general conversation around the usual topics: school, work experiences, team experiences, career goals, etc.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Send PM
I have my alumni interview as well, this week. Really excited!

I'm also attending the Diversity Preview weekend. Anyone looking to split a room at the Hilton Orrington, let me know!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Assume you are evaluating your application from the perspective of a student member of the Kellogg Admissions Committee. Why would you and your peers select you for admission, and what impact would you make as a member of the Kellogg community? (600 word limit).

For the second part of the question (i.e. what impact), should we still be writing from the perspective of the student member of AdCom?
What is everyone doing here?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
golantrevize wrote:
Assume you are evaluating your application from the perspective of a student member of the Kellogg Admissions Committee. Why would you and your peers select you for admission, and what impact would you make as a member of the Kellogg community? (600 word limit).

For the second part of the question (i.e. what impact), should we still be writing from the perspective of the student member of AdCom?

Also, the more I think about it, this essay is becoming a mere re-statement of what I have already mentioned in the other parts of the application. Any ideas on how to make it better?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Looks like everyone enjoyed in the interviews. So I started wondering how would they filter applicants in this way. I feel that all of the applicants performed really well in this relaxed atmosphere of interview. I guess this will make adcom's work harder xD
VP
VP
Send PM
golantrevize wrote:

The first part of the essay I wrote from the perspective of a student member of the adcom. I basically outlined what I thought they would be looking for then addressed how I demonstrated those qualities through my application. I tried really hard to position things from my resume and essays and tell them the conclusions they should draw from it.

The second part of the essay I simply talked about the things that I want to be involved in. All of them tied into interests/experiences mentioned in other parts of my application. For example, on my resume I highlight that I'm a runner. So I talked about being part of the Run|Bike|Swim Club. One of my leadership stories was about organizing a conference, so I mentioned wanting organize a particular student run conference at Kellogg. Basically I tried to use this essay to bring everything else I told them together into a more complete picture.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
golantrevize wrote:

The first part of the essay I wrote from the perspective of a student member of the adcom. I basically outlined what I thought they would be looking for then addressed how I demonstrated those qualities through my application. I tried really hard to position things from my resume and essays and tell them the conclusions they should draw from it.

The second part of the essay I simply talked about the things that I want to be involved in. All of them tied into interests/experiences mentioned in other parts of my application. For example, on my resume I highlight that I'm a runner. So I talked about being part of the Run|Bike|Swim Club. One of my leadership stories was about organizing a conference, so I mentioned wanting organize a particular student run conference at Kellogg. Basically I tried to use this essay to bring everything else I told them together into a more complete picture.

I think they want an evaluation of the impact that you will *potentially* have from the perspective of a student reading your applicaiton. If you write it as yourself, then you will be adding extra information not present elsewhere in the applciation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
That question still confuses me -- isn't your interview part of your application?

I'm assuming they only want stuff that's on your actual written application, though.
VP
VP
Send PM
golantrevize wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
golantrevize wrote:

I think they want an evaluation of the impact that you will *potentially* have from the perspective of a student reading your applicaiton. If you write it as yourself, then you will be adding extra information not present elsewhere in the applciation.

Golantrevize, I thought the same thing at first too. But I reread the question and there are actually two parts to it. The evaluate your app from a student adcom member part followed by the what do you plan to contribute part. I think when evaluating your app you should be careful not to add information that isn't already somewhere in the application. I think this question basically lets you tell them how they should interpret the aspects of your application that you choose to highlight in this area. For example, in my essay I told them that they should see my quantitative analytical ability through certain aspects of my job that I mentioned in my resume. I think I used about 360 words to evaluate my application. The remainder of the essay I talked about the contributions I want to make on campus. I would highly recommend tying the impact you want to make to areas in which you have experience or have already shown an interest. It just makes for a very tight story. For example, if you're a world traveler, suggesting that you would organize a KWEST trip makes perfect sense. If you are looking to do something totally outside your norm, that's cool too but it would help if you have shown evidence of being a risk taker and a "try new things" type of person. Maybe you moved to a different country for 6 months without knowing the language. Maybe you took up bullfighting a year ago. Then it would make sense that you'd want to try your hand at triathalons with the Run|Bike|Swim Club.

Okay, I'm rambling but I hope this helps someone frame up this question if they're struggling with it.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts