Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 14:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2011, 02:02
jubinell wrote:
Yup...after so much waiting, I got my interview invite. My adcom is Jasmine.

Here is my profile again:

Quote:
Vietnamese male, 27, 680 in GMAT(Verbal: 73%, Quant 77%, Writing 91%) >> this is as low as it gets without a retake I think );
Education profile: High schooled in India, bacherlor's degree in Economics and French from a U.S. liberal arts college, half a year exchange in Université de Nantes, and Audencia, France.
Professional profile: one year in an e-learning start-up in the Silicon valley, one year in a top-4 US consulting firm, 2.5 years in a Japanese consulting confirm (my present job).
Post-INSEAD plan: return to Vietnam (finally!) and make some money (maybe hedge fund or private equity?)
Languages: more or less fluent in Vietnamese, English, French, Japanese

Hobbies: Music (classically trained in piano for 12 years, + guitar & harmonica self-learned), movies (umm...I have a collection of over 1000 movies), games (good starcraft:broodwar player -- level C on iccup), recently I got into amateur photography by purchasing the Canon EOS 550D and some lens.

Nice to meet you all.

Congrats jubinell!! Interesting profile :-)
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: INSEAD '14 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2011, 02:14
---

Last edited by brazas on 17 Jan 2012, 03:18, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2011, 05:23
I agree with brazas. It would make more sense to manage the diversity once they have all the interview results in.

~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~

Manager
Manager
Schools: NYU,Columbia,LBS,Wharton,INSEAD

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2011, 06:51
Hi guys,

Just got my interviewers' details

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '13 (A)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2011, 17:48
I also got my interviewers' details! And the wait time was...5 hours!
I live in Osaka, Japan but will be moving back to Vietnam shortly, so I told my adcom that I prefer Vietnam as the interview location. She gave me the contact info of two alumni who work in Ho Chi Minh City.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 02:13
In my opinion, they definitely have a number in mind while deciding on the number of people that they want to interview from a particular country.

They also have a sequence in which they process the applications. I also had applied almost 1 week before the deadline.

And wish you all a very happy Diwali*.

enkie wrote:
I agree with brazas. It would make more sense to manage the diversity once they have all the interview results in.

*Festival of lights
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 03:13
SandeepPM wrote:
In my opinion, they definitely have a number in mind while deciding on the number of people that they want to interview from a particular country.

They also have a sequence in which they process the applications. I also had applied almost 1 week before the deadline.

And wish you all a very happy Diwali*.

enkie wrote:

*Festival of lights

I agree with you, SandeePM. I submitted my application just 1 day before the deadline. Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 2.7

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 03:28
When did you learn about your admission coordinator? My confirmation mail (the one confirming that my application is complete) came directly from MBA Admissions team, not from my admission coordinator.

I would like to ask those who already recieved a pre-selection mail. Did you know before that mail who is your adcor?

Thank you very much. And congratulations to all of you :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 06:16
brahms00 wrote:
When did you learn about your admission coordinator? My confirmation mail (the one confirming that my application is complete) came directly from MBA Admissions team, not from my admission coordinator.

Hi Brahms,

I had one auto-triggered email from the MBA admissions team once I submitted my application. I also received a second email from Carol Therese the next day confirming that all elements of my application package have been received and my file is complete.

Since we're both based in the States, your admissions coordinator might be Carol as well.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 07:10
Hi guys,

I also submitted my application the day before the deadline and haven't heard back regarding the interview. I think that early applications (IE one week before deadline) get reviewd earlier hence they receive a notification earlier.

Keeping fingers crossed! The wait is killing me...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2011, 09:54
No new invitees on the forum on the last days. It seems that most people will receive the results close to the scheduled date.
Another nervous weekend is coming.
Cheers.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2011, 09:55
Just received interviewer details. Will be scheduling this week....

~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q V
GMAT 2: 630 Q V
GMAT 3: 660 Q V
GMAT 4: 680 Q V
GMAT 5: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.12
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2011, 23:30
got email today with interview details. will be interviewing 2 alumni in my area. one reached out to me already.

does anybody know if they have access to my app/essays or if this will be a blind interview?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2011, 23:40
oodl wrote:
got email today with interview details. will be interviewing 2 alumni in my area. one reached out to me already.

does anybody know if they have access to my app/essays or if this will be a blind interview?

You have to send them the profile section of your application form.

Just follow the instructions given in the email.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Berkeley Haas, Stanford, MIT Sloan, INSEADw/$$
WE 1: Five years in hi-tech in sales/marketing roles

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 02:08
Just got my interview invitation :-D

My coordinator is TC.

"A leader is the one who climbs the tallest tree, surveys the entire situations, and yells, 'Wrong jungle!'" - Stephen Covey

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 02:54
Belyok wrote:

My coordinator is TC.

Congrats Belyok!!

When did you submit your application??
Manager
Manager
Schools: Berkeley Haas, Stanford, MIT Sloan, INSEADw/$$
WE 1: Five years in hi-tech in sales/marketing roles

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 02:56
rajatar wrote:
Belyok wrote:

My coordinator is TC.

Congrats Belyok!!

When did you submit your application??

I submitted on the 27th (1 day before the deadline).

"A leader is the one who climbs the tallest tree, surveys the entire situations, and yells, 'Wrong jungle!'" - Stephen Covey

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 04:22
Hi... has anybody from India who applied on the last day got any calls yet?
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 04:46
I do not think any Indian has reported an interview invite on this forum or any where else. This is irrespective of the day on which the application has been submitted.

Let us hope for the best...

shiv2012 wrote:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V39
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 04:50
SandeepPM wrote:
I do not think any Indian has reported an interview invite on this forum or any where else. This is irrespective of the day on which the application has been submitted.

Let us hope for the best...

shiv2012 wrote:

Yeah - I was about to reply the same thing. Who's your ad coordinator. Mine is HS
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Oct 2011, 04:50