Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Columbia, NYU, Wharton, UCLA, Berkeley
WE 1: 2 Yrs mgmt consulting
WE 2: 2 yrs m&a
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy,IT management
 Q0  V0 GMAT 2: 0  Q0  V0 GMAT 3: 0  Q0  V0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended? [#permalink]
Hey Sandee
Which videos or books u recommende for quant?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy,IT management
 Q0  V0 GMAT 2: 0  Q0  V0 GMAT 3: 0  Q0  V0
Send PM
jamcore wrote:
Hey Sandee
Which videos or books u recommende for quant?

HI Jamcore,
Well if u are lookign for some good 700 level question with strategies explained then i will say GMAT club tests are worth enuf..U dont need to look for anything else...
apart from it if u are looking for good concepts and strategies go for Manhattan Quant books..u will find good strategy explained with shortcuts....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I need recommendations with respect to GMAT review programs. I took the GMAT for the second time last Wednesday and was devastated by the results. I scored 40 points lower than I did at the first of the summer. I was particularly disturbed because I took Knewton this summer, and I've spent a considerable amount of time studying. In addition I've been seeing a sports psychologist in order to get "my mind" in the right place. Wednesday was a disaster with the main issue being not having enough time. I'm completing my second master's degree right now, and with a 4.0 I've proven I can do the work (computer science), but I can't seem to get over the psychological hurtle of the GMAT. Realistically based upon my work history, and my career field (CPA/CFE) I don't have to break 700 to get into most PhD programs in accounting, but I'm not even close right now. Is the GMAT Pill a good review method? I'm finishing my thesis project this semester and I plan on taking the GMAT again in January. I've set aside time to study every day between now and the exam in January.

Before I get bombarded with questions like - "why aren't you repeating Knewton?" I'll respond with it just didn't work for me. It is a good review program, but I'm an older student and I don't believe I fit the ideal student profile. So it just didn't work. Positive suggestions would be appreciated.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [1]
Given Kudos: 157
Send PM
Kudos
sma69 wrote:
I need recommendations with respect to GMAT review programs. I took the GMAT for the second time last Wednesday and was devastated by the results. I scored 40 points lower than I did at the first of the summer. I was particularly disturbed because I took Knewton this summer, and I've spent a considerable amount of time studying. In addition I've been seeing a sports psychologist in order to get "my mind" in the right place. Wednesday was a disaster with the main issue being not having enough time. I'm completing my second master's degree right now, and with a 4.0 I've proven I can do the work (computer science), but I can't seem to get over the psychological hurtle of the GMAT. Realistically based upon my work history, and my career field (CPA/CFE) I don't have to break 700 to get into most PhD programs in accounting, but I'm not even close right now. Is the GMAT Pill a good review method? I'm finishing my thesis project this semester and I plan on taking the GMAT again in January. I've set aside time to study every day between now and the exam in January.

Before I get bombarded with questions like - "why aren't you repeating Knewton?" I'll respond with it just didn't work for me. It is a good review program, but I'm an older student and I don't believe I fit the ideal student profile. So it just didn't work. Positive suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear that it did not work out, but here is a suggestion

Keep everything aside and think are you taking it too seriously that the stress is causing you to fail.

GMAT is one of the pieces, i agree tip top pop schools look at gmat but dont get crazy and lose your cool for that, maybe that is affecting your natural ability to excel.

Next time take a relaxed mental approach for the test.

Regards.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 771 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
I had to click on this post to see what in the world the "pill" method was all about. I found their website and it reminds me of one of those "male enhancement" pills with outrageous claims.

From their site:

All you need is 5 (quality) hours of your time and we’ll have you Ace the GMAT Verbal Sentence Correction

If this actually worked, do you really think this site would have 100,000 members looking for help, or there would be so many books on SC.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 771 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Actually, I have my new business idea. It is a "male enhancement" and "ace the GMAT" pill in one that will raise your score to at least 750. *

* These claims have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I appreciate the humor. I've never seen anything like the GMAT. The CPA exam wasn't like this, nor was the CFE exam. This exam seems to create its own kind of "conceptual paranoia" which empowers this exam and has created a worldwide industry that is worth hundreds of millions of dollar or more in annual revenue. My wife said to me last night that it would make more sense for me, if we had the money, to endow a chair in accountancy at my university of choice and then enroll in the PhD program. I'm not saying that to upset people, because we are all in this thing together, but the validity of the GMAT as a correlation of success in graduate school seems to be a questionable statistic because there is no score adjustment based on previous graduate degrees and years of business work experience. Thus there is a significant shortage in this country of US-born accounting professors with PhD's in accounting, but institutional barriers consisting of geography, economic factors, and "my beloved GMAT" that impede CPA's going from public accounting and industry into PhD programs and academics. It is a paradox in an engima.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [2]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
jpr200012 wrote:
Actually, I have my new business idea. It is a "male enhancement" and "ace the GMAT" pill in one that will raise your score to at least 750. *

Good one!
what would be the commercial? an older male at the test center saying how it gave him confidence?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 736 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
bb wrote:
jpr200012 wrote:

Good one!
what would be the commercial? an older male at the test center saying how it gave him confidence?

loooool, laughed my ass off, good one
:think: OKAY am stealing this one!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 771 [0]
Send PM
sma69 wrote:
I appreciate the humor. I've never seen anything like the GMAT. The CPA exam wasn't like this, nor was the CFE exam. This exam seems to create its own kind of "conceptual paranoia" which empowers this exam and has created a worldwide industry that is worth hundreds of millions of dollar or more in annual revenue. My wife said to me last night that it would make more sense for me, if we had the money, to endow a chair in accountancy at my university of choice and then enroll in the PhD program. I'm not saying that to upset people, because we are all in this thing together, but the validity of the GMAT as a correlation of success in graduate school seems to be a questionable statistic because there is no score adjustment based on previous graduate degrees and years of business work experience. Thus there is a significant shortage in this country of US-born accounting professors with PhD's in accounting, but institutional barriers consisting of geography, economic factors, and "my beloved GMAT" that impede CPA's going from public accounting and industry into PhD programs and academics. It is a paradox in an engima.

You have figured out the secret to the GMAT. It is just a hoop for you to jump through to help weed out applicants. Sure, GMAC claims there is a correlation between GMAT score and first year grades in an MBA program. The problem is you can easily find correlations between things, but that doesn't mean they are meaningful.

My GMAT score was not good, but the rest of my application was strong. Were my grades bad the first year in b-school? No, I made straight A's.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
to gmatpill

Can I buy only verbal part?
When you expect to release RC pill?

thansk you
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Pkit wrote:
to gmatpill

Can I buy only verbal part?
When you expect to release RC pill?

thansk you

Hi Pkit,
Thanks for your questions.
1) Yes, you can buy whichever section/pills you would like. The signup page tells you exactly how to do that. If you are weak in verbal but strong in quant, you can save some money and just take the sentence correction or critical reasoning pills.

2) As for reading comprehension--we didn't release RC Pill for a long time since it's difficult to teach it effectively. Finally, we managed to create a compelling product with RC Pill. The RC Pill is now released here.

[b]Question:
I am really enjoying the videos! Will there also be a reading comprehension pill?

Answer: [color=#FF0000]Yes, the RC Pill is now released with over 20 passages to observe thinking process. Check it out, also check out the RC Frameworks PDF

Give it a shot! It'll do wonders to your retention levels.

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: INSEAD '14
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
WE:Project Management (Retail)
Send PM
GMAT Pill has a few tricks. But, don't rely on it as your primary source. Not enough info. Also, the site is practically no longer active. I think our friend Zeke put in some good initial effort and now he's just cashing checks. There are many broken links on the site. Forum posts need approval and aren't time stamped so you can't tell how recent they are. None of my posts have shown up, meaning there is no one on the other end to approve them.

Recommendation. DON'T BUY. Plenty of other sources. Make sure you find one where you can prove that there is recent activity.

Zeke is definitely a clever guy. He got my money.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hi markal3x,

Yes, you should always include GMATPrep software and OG guide to accompany your video course.

Feel free to message me directly at zeke@gmatpill.com. It is very possible that your forum posts were automatically filtered as spam so feel free to talk to me directly.

Hope that helps!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
We just put together a collage of emails from students as well as screenshots from the GMATPill program- check it out:

We did block out student's identity for their privacy.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcK3NARZ1dE[/youtube]
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I had a really bad experience with GMAT Pill. They claim that they will give you 24X7 email support but Zeke never replied back to my queries & when I approached him with the request of money back guess what...he is not replying as usual..

Such unprofessional ism frustrates me...
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hi Vijay,

Yes, we offer a 50 point score guarantee, as detailed in our terms of service and guarantee policy. As such, should you meet the requirements listed on those pages and don't make the score improvement, we'd be happy to fulfill our end of the policy.

Having said that, we are happy to help you with any GMAT-related inquiries.

Ace That GMAT,
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3