GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 13:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2009
Posts: 43
Location: New York, NY
Schools: Columbia, NYU, Wharton, UCLA, Berkeley
WE 1: 2 Yrs mgmt consulting
WE 2: 2 yrs m&a
Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2010, 08:24
It seems so, I checked out the videos. THey are more effective for attacking the problem. I saw some other video from BeatTheGmat and the video was so boring. It didn't help me at all. The GMATPill video was focused much more on attacking the problem and helping me think the right way.

It's good work gmat pill
e-GMAT Discount CodesMagoosh Discount CodesJamboree Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 2
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2010, 07:11
Reviews sounds great guys but are there any reviews out there for the Quant Pill?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: GMAT Time...!!!
Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 280
Schools: Chicago,Tuck,Oxford,cambridge
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2010, 07:11
1
jamcore wrote:
Reviews sounds great guys but are there any reviews out there for the Quant Pill?

HI Jamcore,
If u are specially going for quant pill then i will advice not to buy it!i dint find them good like their SC part..
U will get to see formulas and solution of 4-5 problems which can solve with better technique learned from other books....
Hope it helps
thanx
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 2
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2010, 12:56
Hey Sandee
Which videos or books u recommende for quant?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: GMAT Time...!!!
Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 280
Schools: Chicago,Tuck,Oxford,cambridge
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2010, 19:18
jamcore wrote:
Hey Sandee
Which videos or books u recommende for quant?



HI Jamcore,
Well if u are lookign for some good 700 level question with strategies explained then i will say GMAT club tests are worth enuf..U dont need to look for anything else...
apart from it if u are looking for good concepts and strategies go for Manhattan Quant books..u will find good strategy explained with shortcuts....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Apr 2010
Posts: 10
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2010, 08:31
I need recommendations with respect to GMAT review programs. I took the GMAT for the second time last Wednesday and was devastated by the results. I scored 40 points lower than I did at the first of the summer. I was particularly disturbed because I took Knewton this summer, and I've spent a considerable amount of time studying. In addition I've been seeing a sports psychologist in order to get "my mind" in the right place. Wednesday was a disaster with the main issue being not having enough time. I'm completing my second master's degree right now, and with a 4.0 I've proven I can do the work (computer science), but I can't seem to get over the psychological hurtle of the GMAT. Realistically based upon my work history, and my career field (CPA/CFE) I don't have to break 700 to get into most PhD programs in accounting, but I'm not even close right now. Is the GMAT Pill a good review method? I'm finishing my thesis project this semester and I plan on taking the GMAT again in January. I've set aside time to study every day between now and the exam in January.

Before I get bombarded with questions like - "why aren't you repeating Knewton?" I'll respond with it just didn't work for me. It is a good review program, but I'm an older student and I don't believe I fit the ideal student profile. So it just didn't work. Positive suggestions would be appreciated.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 424
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2010, 02:26
1
sma69 wrote:
I need recommendations with respect to GMAT review programs. I took the GMAT for the second time last Wednesday and was devastated by the results. I scored 40 points lower than I did at the first of the summer. I was particularly disturbed because I took Knewton this summer, and I've spent a considerable amount of time studying. In addition I've been seeing a sports psychologist in order to get "my mind" in the right place. Wednesday was a disaster with the main issue being not having enough time. I'm completing my second master's degree right now, and with a 4.0 I've proven I can do the work (computer science), but I can't seem to get over the psychological hurtle of the GMAT. Realistically based upon my work history, and my career field (CPA/CFE) I don't have to break 700 to get into most PhD programs in accounting, but I'm not even close right now. Is the GMAT Pill a good review method? I'm finishing my thesis project this semester and I plan on taking the GMAT again in January. I've set aside time to study every day between now and the exam in January.

Before I get bombarded with questions like - "why aren't you repeating Knewton?" I'll respond with it just didn't work for me. It is a good review program, but I'm an older student and I don't believe I fit the ideal student profile. So it just didn't work. Positive suggestions would be appreciated.


Sorry to hear that it did not work out, but here is a suggestion

Keep everything aside and think are you taking it too seriously that the stress is causing you to fail.

GMAT is one of the pieces, i agree tip top pop schools look at gmat but dont get crazy and lose your cool for that, maybe that is affecting your natural ability to excel.

Next time take a relaxed mental approach for the test.

Regards.
_________________

If you found the reply to be helpful, give kudos.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 185
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2010, 12:53
I had to click on this post to see what in the world the "pill" method was all about. I found their website and it reminds me of one of those "male enhancement" pills with outrageous claims.

From their site:

All you need is 5 (quality) hours of your time and we’ll have you Ace the GMAT Verbal Sentence Correction

If this actually worked, do you really think this site would have 100,000 members looking for help, or there would be so many books on SC.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 185
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2010, 13:06
2
Actually, I have my new business idea. It is a "male enhancement" and "ace the GMAT" pill in one that will raise your score to at least 750. *

* These claims have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Apr 2010
Posts: 10
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2010, 14:48
I appreciate the humor. I've never seen anything like the GMAT. The CPA exam wasn't like this, nor was the CFE exam. This exam seems to create its own kind of "conceptual paranoia" which empowers this exam and has created a worldwide industry that is worth hundreds of millions of dollar or more in annual revenue. My wife said to me last night that it would make more sense for me, if we had the money, to endow a chair in accountancy at my university of choice and then enroll in the PhD program. I'm not saying that to upset people, because we are all in this thing together, but the validity of the GMAT as a correlation of success in graduate school seems to be a questionable statistic because there is no score adjustment based on previous graduate degrees and years of business work experience. Thus there is a significant shortage in this country of US-born accounting professors with PhD's in accounting, but institutional barriers consisting of geography, economic factors, and "my beloved GMAT" that impede CPA's going from public accounting and industry into PhD programs and academics. It is a paradox in an engima.
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 17362
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2010, 14:53
2
jpr200012 wrote:
Actually, I have my new business idea. It is a "male enhancement" and "ace the GMAT" pill in one that will raise your score to at least 750. *

* These claims have not been evaluated by the FDA.


Good one!
what would be the commercial? an older male at the test center saying how it gave him confidence?
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Mesmerized
Joined: 24 Jan 2010
Posts: 156
Location: UAE, Dubai
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2010, 15:23
bb wrote:
jpr200012 wrote:
Actually, I have my new business idea. It is a "male enhancement" and "ace the GMAT" pill in one that will raise your score to at least 750. *

* These claims have not been evaluated by the FDA.


Good one!
what would be the commercial? an older male at the test center saying how it gave him confidence?


loooool, laughed my ass off, good one
:think: OKAY am stealing this one!!
_________________

Nanquam Fractum

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 185
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2010, 16:13
sma69 wrote:
I appreciate the humor. I've never seen anything like the GMAT. The CPA exam wasn't like this, nor was the CFE exam. This exam seems to create its own kind of "conceptual paranoia" which empowers this exam and has created a worldwide industry that is worth hundreds of millions of dollar or more in annual revenue. My wife said to me last night that it would make more sense for me, if we had the money, to endow a chair in accountancy at my university of choice and then enroll in the PhD program. I'm not saying that to upset people, because we are all in this thing together, but the validity of the GMAT as a correlation of success in graduate school seems to be a questionable statistic because there is no score adjustment based on previous graduate degrees and years of business work experience. Thus there is a significant shortage in this country of US-born accounting professors with PhD's in accounting, but institutional barriers consisting of geography, economic factors, and "my beloved GMAT" that impede CPA's going from public accounting and industry into PhD programs and academics. It is a paradox in an engima.


You have figured out the secret to the GMAT. It is just a hoop for you to jump through to help weed out applicants. Sure, GMAC claims there is a correlation between GMAT score and first year grades in an MBA program. The problem is you can easily find correlations between things, but that doesn't mean they are meaningful.

My GMAT score was not good, but the rest of my application was strong. Were my grades bad the first year in b-school? No, I made straight A's.
VP
VP
User avatar
Status: mission completed!
Joined: 02 Jul 2009
Posts: 1327
GPA: 3.77
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2010, 01:55
to gmatpill

Can I buy only verbal part?
When you expect to release RC pill?

thansk you
_________________

Audaces fortuna juvat!

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

SVP
SVP
User avatar
S
Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Posts: 2258
Location: New York, NY
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2010, 18:30
Pkit wrote:
to gmatpill

Can I buy only verbal part?
When you expect to release RC pill?

thansk you


Hi Pkit,
Thanks for your questions.
1) Yes, you can buy whichever section/pills you would like. The signup page tells you exactly how to do that. If you are weak in verbal but strong in quant, you can save some money and just take the sentence correction or critical reasoning pills.

2) As for reading comprehension--we didn't release RC Pill for a long time since it's difficult to teach it effectively. Finally, we managed to create a compelling product with RC Pill. The RC Pill is now released here.

[b]Question:
I am really enjoying the videos! Will there also be a reading comprehension pill?

Answer: [color=#FF0000]Yes, the RC Pill is now released with over 20 passages to observe thinking process. Check it out, also check out the RC Frameworks PDF

Give it a shot! It'll do wonders to your retention levels.

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Canadian Ex-Pat
Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 3
Location: United States
Schools: INSEAD '14
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
WE: Project Management (Retail)
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2011, 16:30
GMAT Pill has a few tricks. But, don't rely on it as your primary source. Not enough info. Also, the site is practically no longer active. I think our friend Zeke put in some good initial effort and now he's just cashing checks. There are many broken links on the site. Forum posts need approval and aren't time stamped so you can't tell how recent they are. None of my posts have shown up, meaning there is no one on the other end to approve them.

Recommendation. DON'T BUY. Plenty of other sources. Make sure you find one where you can prove that there is recent activity.

Zeke is definitely a clever guy. He got my money.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
S
Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Posts: 2258
Location: New York, NY
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2011, 18:31
Hi markal3x,

Yes, you should always include GMATPrep software and OG guide to accompany your video course.

Feel free to message me directly at zeke@gmatpill.com. It is very possible that your forum posts were automatically filtered as spam so feel free to talk to me directly.

Hope that helps!
SVP
SVP
User avatar
S
Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Posts: 2258
Location: New York, NY
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2011, 11:24
We just put together a collage of emails from students as well as screenshots from the GMATPill program- check it out:

We did block out student's identity for their privacy.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2011
Posts: 1
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2011, 04:31
I had a really bad experience with GMAT Pill. They claim that they will give you 24X7 email support but Zeke never replied back to my queries & when I approached him with the request of money back guess what...he is not replying as usual..

Such unprofessional ism frustrates me...
SVP
SVP
User avatar
S
Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Posts: 2258
Location: New York, NY
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2011, 08:48
Hi Vijay,

Yes, we offer a 50 point score guarantee, as detailed in our terms of service and guarantee policy. As such, should you meet the requirements listed on those pages and don't make the score improvement, we'd be happy to fulfill our end of the policy.

Having said that, we are happy to help you with any GMAT-related inquiries.

Ace That GMAT,
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended? &nbs [#permalink] 19 Dec 2011, 08:48

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 50 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.