Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 10:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Study Strategy Help

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.7
WE: Account Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 4

GMAT Study Strategy Help [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2012, 21:19
I got a 650 and went down to 620, It's really frustrating my verbal went down while my match went up. I was pretty consistent with getting high 600's on practice exams. I have done mgmat practice exam all 6 twice and GMAT Prep 2x. Anywhere else I can go get more practice exams?

When you review a question what do you go back and review and what do you look for?

Did I burn out too much? I study a lot but I still have the motivation to go in everyday and study for 2-3 hrs and weekends 5-6 hours.

Not sure what I should do....

DETERMINED TO BREAK 700!!!

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 300 [1] , given: 264

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Study Strategy Help [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2012, 00:55
This post received
KUDOS
Taking more tests won't help you. You must review the tests thoroughly. It seems there are few concepts that are giving you tough time and you are not able to identify them. Check for all this issues while you review the tests also i hope there is not timing issues, i mean whether you are spending equal time through out or rushing at the end and guessing on few. A drop in performance is a clear indication of a flaw in the study plan and to improve ur score to 700 , you need to identify this flaw.
For more tests, check out this post
all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html?fl=menu
hope this expl helps.

Fire the final bullet only when you are constantly hitting the Bull's eye, till then KEEP PRACTICING.

A WAY TO INCREASE FROM QUANT 35-40 TO 47 : a-way-to-increase-from-q35-40-to-q-138750.html

Q 47/48 To Q 50 + the-final-climb-quest-for-q-50-from-q47-129441.html#p1064367

Three good RC strategies three-different-strategies-for-attacking-rc-127287.html

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.7
WE: Account Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 4

Re: GMAT Study Strategy Help [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2012, 10:09
Is there anything in particular you were doing in studying for verbal?

DETERMINED TO BREAK 700!!!

Director
Director
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 300 [0], given: 264

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Study Strategy Help [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2012, 10:15
Though it's important to practice , however, more important is to have clear concepts/fundamentals. Most of the people ignore this important aspect. I' following a study plan in which i regularly revise the concepts besides doing a lot of practice questions. Everytime i read MGMAT Sc guide, i learn something new, same is the case with POwerscore CR and MGMAT RC. I feel one needs to keep his or her mind very open while reading these books. After some time , you tend to understand the questions and answer choices better, thus improving ur accuracy.

Fire the final bullet only when you are constantly hitting the Bull's eye, till then KEEP PRACTICING.

A WAY TO INCREASE FROM QUANT 35-40 TO 47 : a-way-to-increase-from-q35-40-to-q-138750.html

Q 47/48 To Q 50 + the-final-climb-quest-for-q-50-from-q47-129441.html#p1064367

Three good RC strategies three-different-strategies-for-attacking-rc-127287.html

Re: GMAT Study Strategy Help   [#permalink] 29 Apr 2012, 10:15