Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 13:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMATClub interview groups

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 124
Schools: Tuck - Class of 2012
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 43 [1] , given: 1

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2010, 20:09
1
This post received
KUDOS
If you guys are that worried about being anonymous, create a new email from hotmail or something. For resumes, just strip your names off and change the company names to a description.

I am not going to join this, but I am up for helping people out on mock 1 on 1 interviews if need be. I have gone through 5 myself, and have helped others. Im free evenings PST.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1262
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [1] , given: 20

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 13:03
1
This post received
KUDOS
Ginetta wrote:
If you guys are that worried about being anonymous, create a new email from hotmail or something. For resumes, just strip your names off and change the company names to a description.

I am not going to join this, but I am up for helping people out on mock 1 on 1 interviews if need be. I have gone through 5 myself, and have helped others. Im free evenings PST.



Haha, yeah I'm with you. seems like alot of mystery and stuff. I honestly don't care. (then again I have one of the most common names in the world. I am an author/actor/professor/real estate agents. I'm not even the only one with my name at my school or at my work.)
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1262
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 13:30
Jivana wrote:
GoBruins wrote:

am I like the only person who doesn't use skype?


It would be the first time for me too! :shock:


we need a mic? I don't have one oddly enough.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 455
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 5

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 14:02
GoBruins wrote:
Jivana wrote:
GoBruins wrote:

am I like the only person who doesn't use skype?


It would be the first time for me too! :shock:


we need a mic? I don't have one oddly enough.


If you use some kind of a laptop, not more than a few years old, it should have some built in mic.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1262
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 15:01
Jivana wrote:

If you use some kind of a laptop, not more than a few years old, it should have some built in mic.


hmm interesting, my mini does have a speaker, I don't know how good it is but I can try.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 100
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 15:06
GoBruins wrote:
Jivana wrote:

If you use some kind of a laptop, not more than a few years old, it should have some built in mic.


hmm interesting, my mini does have a speaker, I don't know how good it is but I can try.


Not a 100% on this but I think skype should be able to call US numbers for free. If your mic is not working, we could try that out.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 455
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 5

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 15:14
GoBruins wrote:
Jivana wrote:

If you use some kind of a laptop, not more than a few years old, it should have some built in mic.


hmm interesting, my mini does have a speaker, I don't know how good it is but I can try.


You want to check for a built-in mic as well!

Launch skype, setup an account...and call your cell or desk number...see if u can hear yourself!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1262
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 15:16
Jivana wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
Jivana wrote:

If you use some kind of a laptop, not more than a few years old, it should have some built in mic.


hmm interesting, my mini does have a speaker, I don't know how good it is but I can try.


You want to check for a built-in mic as well!

Launch skype, setup an account...and call your cell or desk number...see if u can hear yourself!



You guys are just so fancy. hey since we're all online. go to chat.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Aug 2009
Posts: 19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2010, 16:27
Is the skype meet-up still on for tonight? I've amassed a bunch of questions but, to be honest, I haven't done much prepping.

If everyone's on board, I can start my prep now. Otherwise, maybe we can reschedule?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 100
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2010, 16:44
BSbound wrote:
Is the skype meet-up still on for tonight? I've amassed a bunch of questions but, to be honest, I haven't done much prepping.

If everyone's on board, I can start my prep now. Otherwise, maybe we can reschedule?


I am up, still. I have a few more interviews lined up over the weekend (Tuesday is the real one), so if there is talk of rescheduling, only Saturday evening works.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1262
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2010, 16:53
hm2009 wrote:
BSbound wrote:
Is the skype meet-up still on for tonight? I've amassed a bunch of questions but, to be honest, I haven't done much prepping.

If everyone's on board, I can start my prep now. Otherwise, maybe we can reschedule?


I am up, still. I have a few more interviews lined up over the weekend (Tuesday is the real one), so if there is talk of rescheduling, only Saturday evening works.


I'm okay tonight. I think it's okay if we don't have a bunch of question, this can be Round one for prepping for me too.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 446
Followers: 39

Kudos [?]: 158 [0], given: 36

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2010, 17:49
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1262
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2010, 17:56
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
I am logged in - just having dinner. I am definitely ok for tonight.


I'm there!
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 100
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2010, 18:03
GoBruins wrote:
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
I am logged in - just having dinner. I am definitely ok for tonight.


I'm there!



wasn't it 10PM EST?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 455
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 5

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2010, 09:55
I would like to thank mbagirl2010, hm2009, gobruins, & bsbound for participating in the mock interview session. I feel it was a great learning experience for me, something I needed to do.

What was unique about the session compared to ones we do with friends or colleagues is that it no one came to the session knowing any one else personally. And that, I believe, helped in creating a similar environment everyone of us is likely to face during their interview - Meet a stranger, 30 mins, tell your story.

I would highly recommend it to everyone preparing for interviews.

Now having said that, would anyone be up for another session Tuesday or Wednesday around 9PM EST / 8PM CST?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 100
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 2

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2010, 10:07
1
This post received
KUDOS
Jivana wrote:
I would highly recommend it to everyone preparing for interviews.

Now having said that, would anyone be up for another session Tuesday or Wednesday around 9PM EST / 8PM CST?


I completely second Jivana. I have been re-aligning my responses to best represent my goals and my personal strengths. The big take away of the meeting were:

- do not ramble: be succinct but "interesting" -- a good way is to involve a personal anecdote to your story. Do not "jump" into new topics but "launch" into it by adding a transitional statement between conversational shift

- the most compelling stories are personal. Period. Everyone has goals, a great professional background, solid stats, blah blah. Keep them around but don't dwell on them. Do you have the courage, the heart, the will to make a difference? Tell us about what keeps you awake at nights.

- bad pronunciations, speech patterns, impassive delivery can take away a lot from your otherwise beautiful story.

I have my alumnus interview on Tuesday and may be able to join that night to share my experiences. I am not a 100% on this yet but I may be at home around 9PM CST.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2010, 10:44
Hell all,

I am invited to interview with wharton!

Can i join the group mock interview? if yes, how?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Aug 2009
Posts: 19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2010, 13:54
Count me in for the next mock interview session!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Posts: 13
Schools: Wharton 2012
WE 1: Strategy Consulting
WE 2: Media Company - Strategy & Finance
WE 3: Film Producer, Entertainment Marketing
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 00:24
Jivana wrote:
I would like to thank mbagirl2010, hm2009, gobruins, & bsbound for participating in the mock interview session. I feel it was a great learning experience for me, something I needed to do.

What was unique about the session compared to ones we do with friends or colleagues is that it no one came to the session knowing any one else personally. And that, I believe, helped in creating a similar environment everyone of us is likely to face during their interview - Meet a stranger, 30 mins, tell your story.

I would highly recommend it to everyone preparing for interviews.

Now having said that, would anyone be up for another session Tuesday or Wednesday around 9PM EST / 8PM CST?


Very new to forums, so advance apologies if I make any online etiquette faux pas.

I am interviewing on campus on Friday.

I am available either Tuesday or Wednesday 9 PM EST. Count me in!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 368
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 45

Re: GMATClub interview groups [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 08:45
Great initiative, MBAGirl2010 and everyone else pitching in!

Any takers for a session early this week, I know there are still quite a few invites out there?

In terms of timing, who can make it:

tomorrow Tuesday at 9pm EST / 8pm Central?
Re: GMATClub interview groups   [#permalink] 22 Feb 2010, 08:45
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
A group of students was interviewed for that if it was asked CONSULTINGDREAMER 2 23 Aug 2014, 06:21
44 Experts publish their posts in the topic Interviews with distinguished GMATClub 2013 admits! souvik101990 25 21 Feb 2013, 13:09
Experts publish their posts in the topic Breaking Down the Wharton Group Interview AdamAACG 0 24 Oct 2012, 13:32
Facebook GMATClub Group jallenmorris 11 05 Aug 2008, 15:02
1 Facebook GMATClub group...join up dosa_don 106 01 Nov 2007, 13:19
Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMATClub interview groups

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 110 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.