Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General, Marketing, Leadership
Schools:IESE, Spain; Booth (Chicago); Ross (Michigan)
 Q42  V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Its the final countdown... wise input needed! [#permalink]
Thanks for the tip!

yeah I thought about taking the day off but somehow I just can't justify it in my head. in one day I can get a lot of revision done and I feel like it might be helpful to keep the concepts fresh in my head... there is no way i will do a CAT but i thought going through my notes would be a good compromise (vs. doing a CAT or timed problem sets.....)

But who knows, If I feel good after I take the GMAT Prep 2 i might skip sunday.... we'll see.

any tips as to reinforcing a 41 verbal and 44 quant in 3 days??????
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72874 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
chambax wrote:
Thanks for the tip!

yeah I thought about taking the day off but somehow I just can't justify it in my head. in one day I can get a lot of revision done and I feel like it might be helpful to keep the concepts fresh in my head... there is no way i will do a CAT but i thought going through my notes would be a good compromise (vs. doing a CAT or timed problem sets.....)

But who knows, If I feel good after I take the GMAT Prep 2 i might skip sunday.... we'll see.

any tips as to reinforcing a 41 verbal and 44 quant in 3 days??????

That's a great verbal score and I would spend more time on the Quant - error log, go through problems you made mistakes in and if you covered all of those, then focus on the Arithmetic.

Also, I am enabling access to the gmat club tests for you for the 3 days - take the targetted practice there - should help but don't get frustrated if you are not getting many of them right; they are tough.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Wow Thanks bb!!
I'll try and work my way through the club tests then.

even though my quant score isn't all that amazing I found the GMAT prep math to be quite easy compared to what I have been studying.... (MGMAT CATS and Veritas advanced word problems) and it was definitely a motivating factor - it is much nicer to feel like the questions are easier than the other way around - so I think the Club tests are a good way of achieving that!

does anyone know any good resources for "guessing" strategies? I never placed any emphasis on guessing during my studies but for the actual test I feel like I want to have a plan B if I can't solve or if the questions looks to difficult..

thanks!
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
There is no harm in guessing, but make sure you don't guess consecutively.

Consecutive wrong answer will impact your score more. If you feel the question is out of your range completely make a random guess after 10 sec ( gmat might lower your score for random guessing so make sure you delay it by 10 sec atleast ).

If you think the question is difficult and you cant solve in 2 minutes but in one minute you can have some idea about the answer. Then take a minute and try to eliminate some answer and proceed with the guess.

Enter into the testing room with a positive attitude of killing the exam. Near you exam do not learn anything new just revise your mistakes and horn your strong areas.

The last thing you would like to do is to feel bored/ exhausted during the exam. So endure yourself with gmatprep tests as much as you can.

Best of luck and rock the exam.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
That thing about the 10 seconds is a good tip! wouldn't want to get penalized for random guessing... thanks!

And I will try and maintain a positive attitude - easier said than done I guess, but I guess I just have to keep the force strong in me (sorry, watched star wars yesterday).

thanks for the tips everyone! now it's time to rock the house!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72874 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
chambax wrote:
Wow Thanks bb!!
I'll try and work my way through the club tests then.

even though my quant score isn't all that amazing I found the GMAT prep math to be quite easy compared to what I have been studying.... (MGMAT CATS and Veritas advanced word problems) and it was definitely a motivating factor - it is much nicer to feel like the questions are easier than the other way around - so I think the Club tests are a good way of achieving that!

does anyone know any good resources for "guessing" strategies? I never placed any emphasis on guessing during my studies but for the actual test I feel like I want to have a plan B if I can't solve or if the questions looks to difficult..

thanks!

Good luck - waiting for a POSITIVE debrief :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Your verbal score is strong enough (V41 is 93%). I would concentare on Qunatative section istead, as your Q44 is 73%. Fot 700+ you need to increase your raw score by at least 2 points.
You scaled score now is about 680-690 (see my table with conversion or raw scores (Q, V) to scaled score.

Good luck. :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
raw score??

not too sure what you mean there... so a 44 quant and 41 verbal won't actually get me a 700 even though GMAT Prep said 700???
aw man now I'm nervous again... dang!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
chambax wrote:
raw score??

not too sure what you mean there... so a 44 quant and 41 verbal won't actually get me a 700 even though GMAT Prep said 700???
aw man now I'm nervous again... dang!

Dont worry, if GMATprep says so, that it is really true that you have 700.
Just write in google: GMAT Q44 V41 , and you will see how other people have scored. My table in xls just a rough approximation of GMAT scores, here you are: all-gmat-scores-92159.html

everything is OK ) calm down mate ;)

p.s. text me on Monday how you scored.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
haha, these few days before the GMAT sure are an emotional roller coaster!!

I think I just have to do my absolute best and hope that whatever comes out of that gets me at least a 700....

Now I'm gonna keep at the books and try and relax my mind!
GMAT Club Bot