any ideas guys?
Price increased by M% from 1991 to 1992 and by N% from 1992 to 1993. What was the percentage increase in price from 1991 to 1993 ?
1. MN = 300
2. 100M + 100N + MN = 4300
* Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but Statement (2) ALONE is not sufficient
* Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but Statement (1) ALONE is not sufficient
* BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient
* EACH statement ALONE is sufficient
* Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient
we assume that the price in 1991 is A, then the price in 1992 and 1993 correspondingly are A(1+M/100) and A(1+M/100)(1+N/100)
So the price increase from 1991 to 1993 is: A(10000 + 100M + 100N + MN)/10000
As we can see statements (1) alone cannot be sufficient to define the percentage of price increase. But (2) alone is sufficient.
So B is the answer.