Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 20:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My Story...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2005, 15:25
Biren wrote:
Do I need to take Toffel as english test to apply in oversees school. I am an Engineering Graduate from India.

Do B schools need transcripts only for BE or from 10th and 12th standard too.

Biren, I think the TOEFL requirement varies from school to school. I spoke with an INSEAD student who was from India and he mentioned that at INSEAD, TOEFL was not needed if your language of instruction was English in your under-grad college. But, I dont think that is true with a lot of US schools. When I did my MS in the US, I had to take the TOEFL though the medium of instruction in my school & college was english. It might be better for you to check with the schools you are planning to apply to be on the safer side.

Regarding transcripts, most schools seem to ask transcripts only for degree courses, Master's, Bachelor's, Diploma etc. You will most likely not need transcripts from high school.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 432 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2005, 15:28
Schools rarely seek transcripts from the secondary school level. However, it is common for schools to request transcripts for all post-secondary acdemic coursework even if no degree was awarded.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2005, 22:24
Thanks Mohit,Gayathri and Hjort for the clarification. A will try to get in touch with couple of school's in the US to check the requirement. I will definitely post my findings in this forum.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2005, 11:01
Biren,
Thanks for the wishes. Though you can do your findings, I would suggest you go for your TOEFL. It makes life much easier as you can apply to any school you want to as opposed to checking whether any particular school has a TOEFL waiver or not. When you are ready to invest $100K, $125 will not seem much. And if you are well versed in english, as I see, 2-3 days prep would be enough to get you a score of >280.

-- Vivek.

"Start By Doing What Is Necessary ,Then What Is Possible & Suddenly You Will Realise That You Are Doing The Impossible"

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2005, 11:56
Hi Vivek, Thanks for your thoughts. I will go with your view.

I was hesitent to take it because currently I am preparing for GMAT which would be followed by application process as you know.

About TOEFEL the only thing I know is that it is test for English. I need to do some R & D to know format of test and other things. If you have any input(website/practice material etc) which will help me get through this fast then please let me know.

By the way I sent mails to Harward and Tuck b schools and Tuck administrator replied clearly that I do not need to take TOEFEL. The HBS administrator sent me a reply that is probably a generalised message that says the same thing as mentioned in their website. I have mentioned that in my message earlier.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2005, 12:04
Hey Vivek,

Congratulations man! You did it!

What about Indiana, any news from them?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2005, 06:26
Thanks!

Got a reject from Indiana.

-- Vivek.

"Start By Doing What Is Necessary ,Then What Is Possible & Suddenly You Will Realise That You Are Doing The Impossible"

[#permalink] 13 Jun 2005, 06:26