Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 00:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone Spring 2008

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 59
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Count [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2007, 22:28
langone08 wrote:
Anyone got an updated count?


Up to 290
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Facebook... [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2007, 05:41
Just curious how long it takes for the facebook invite...I have yet to receive one...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Facebook... [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2007, 08:37
For those that were accepted:

I submitted my Kroll Verification request on Nov. 20th. Apparently they check 3 things: education/degree, and previous 2 employments w/salaries. I called Kroll about 10 days later, and they verified that my background check came back complete and clean. Problem is, I've yet to receive an update on the Status page saying the background check process had been completed. Question: Does NYU perform more background checking than what Kroll does (i.e. past awards, clubs, etc)...or are they just being lazy in updating the status page? I've heard of other ppl waiting a long time to get the status page properly updated as well. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2007, 09:29
What status page are you supposed to check?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Facebook... [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2007, 11:02
MSG33 wrote:
For those that were accepted:

I submitted my Kroll Verification request on Nov. 20th. Apparently they check 3 things: education/degree, and previous 2 employments w/salaries. I called Kroll about 10 days later, and they verified that my background check came back complete and clean. Problem is, I've yet to receive an update on the Status page saying the background check process had been completed. Question: Does NYU perform more background checking than what Kroll does (i.e. past awards, clubs, etc)...or are they just being lazy in updating the status page? I've heard of other ppl waiting a long time to get the status page properly updated as well. Thanks.


SixSigma19 wrote:
What status page are you supposed to check?


Good information to know on the background check. My status page has not changed throughout the process other than to acknowledge the receipt of my initial deposit. I received an email from 'NYU Stern Admissions' about a week after initiating the verification process that said the following:

"Welcome to the NYU Stern Langone Program! We have received your enrollment deposit and your verification process has been satisfactorily completed. We are thrilled that you are part of our community."

I don't think an updated status page is forthcoming so I would consider the verification process complete after you get the email.

Now about that Quantitative Skills assessment....anybody give that a crack yet? It's been about 2 years since my GMAT so I need some prep I think.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

re: Quantitative Skills Assessment [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2007, 10:59
Just review the practice CD and you will be fine.

37 questions and no time limit.

It took approx 20 minutes.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2007, 19:50
what's the latest count?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 59
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2007, 21:21
hatethewait wrote:
what's the latest count?


The current count is 297.

Happy Holidays to everyone.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2007, 10:58
Thank you, you too.

Beagles wrote:
hatethewait wrote:
what's the latest count?


The current count is 297.

Happy Holidays to everyone.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 2135
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2007, 05:49
what is this 'count' you guys speak of?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2007, 08:33
kidderek wrote:
what is this 'count' you guys speak of?


The "count" is the number of people listed in the "New Students Database", i.e. admits that have paid the initial deposit. During the evaluation period, it was used as a fairly reliable guage to measure the number of remaining seats (when compared vs. the spring 2007 admissions stats for Langone). However, only those on the list could see the list so 'Clubbers relied on those folks admitted early in the process to keep us updated (and worried).

The current (and final?) count is 297. I think last spring's # was ~280. I haven't seen many ding reports here so I'm not sure if AdCom is still evaluating or moved on to full-time apps only.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 51
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2007, 06:46
Have any of the waitlisted candidates heard back? I have not heard anything yet.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2007, 12:36
Nope. I don't even know what to think at this point.

langone08 wrote:
Have any of the waitlisted candidates heard back? I have not heard anything yet.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2008 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2008, 11:26
can I get the updated count please?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2008 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2008, 12:09
Count increased by 1 since my last check...now at 298.

It really sucks that you guys haven't heard anything definitive even now. However, there is reason to keep the faith. I met a girl at a holiday party a few weeks back that got in only one week before pre-term in Fall '07. Hang in there...best of luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2008 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2008, 07:59
Thank you, that's reassuring :)

JustSayin wrote:
Count increased by 1 since my last check...now at 298.

It really sucks that you guys haven't heard anything definitive even now. However, there is reason to keep the faith. I met a girl at a holiday party a few weeks back that got in only one week before pre-term in Fall '07. Hang in there...best of luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2007
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2008 [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2008, 07:44
Hey guys,

any ideas on how long the Quantative Assessment (realistically) takes? I am due to start it sometime tonight :/

Thanks,
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 59
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2008 [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2008, 12:47
duffman wrote:
Hey guys,

any ideas on how long the Quantative Assessment (realistically) takes? I am due to start it sometime tonight :/

Thanks,


If you decide to review the entire Survival Guide CD first, it could take you a couple of hours. The test itself probably only takes about an hour (it's not timed), depending on how much time you take working through the more complex problems.

One nice thing about the exam is that you can start the exam, save your progress, and then return to the exam later to complete it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2008 [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2008, 14:38
Beagles wrote:
One nice thing about the exam is that you can start the exam, save your progress, and then return to the exam later to complete it.

Or print it out, complete it on paper, and then come back to the on-line test and fill in your answers. You can print the test without using one of your 3 attempts also.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 Jun 2007
Posts: 463
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2008 [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2008, 21:02
How many of u guys coming tomorrow(or today) for the HH?
Re: NYU Langone Spring 2008   [#permalink] 10 Jan 2008, 21:02
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
7 NYU Langone - Spring 2011 LEmeY 186 16 Sep 2010, 09:23
NYU Langone Spring 2010 evox 61 27 Sep 2009, 18:55
15 NYU Langone Spring 2009 yubjun 189 02 Aug 2008, 06:03
43 NYU Langone Fall 2008 kidderek 1199 11 Feb 2008, 09:20
NYU Langone Spring 2007 chaitan 76 01 Sep 2006, 20:51
Display posts from previous: Sort by

NYU Langone Spring 2008

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38    Next  [ 758 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.