Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Oct 2014, 20:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

pls assist in assessment

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GPA: 2.5
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 110 [0], given: 59

pls assist in assessment [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 23:13
I am a hotelier (Food & Beverage Service), with 10 years experience. Standard X I completed with 77%, Standard XII with 63% and 3 years Diploma in Hotel mgt with 60%. I am currently pursuing 2 years distance learning MBA from an institute in India (1st year completed with distinction – 80%), will complete 2nd year soon. Currently studying for GMAT, hope to apply next year.
I request your assistance on the following:
Should I seek MMH from Cornell, a hotel related masters?
Other school choices are – Richard Ivey (Canada – applied for PR), Harvard – Schullich (Canada), Insead, Queens and Harvard. All for Executive MBA programme.
Note, the Indian distance education is of not much recognition in my country, however I am doing it in order to brush my basic general mgt knowledge, 2nd year I will specialize in Finance.
Though my personal forte of choice would be Revenue management (hospitality), which is why I have opted finance MBA here, what would you recommend

"When the going gets tough, the tough gets going!"

Bring ON SOME KUDOS MATES+++

-----------------------------
Quant Notes consolidated: consolodited-quant-guides-of-forum-most-helpful-in-preps-151067.html#p1217652

My GMAT journey begins: my-gmat-journey-begins-122251.html

All about Richard Ivey: all-about-richard-ivey-148594.html#p1190518

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 37

Re: pls assist in assessment [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2011, 06:55
hi sdas, I think the question of whether you should puruse the Cornell's MMH is solely a personal one. I don't think anyone has the knowledge, right, or priviledge to make that choice. A better question may be that you have decided to pursue the MMH, what would be the proper steps (in which I wouldn't know). One word of caution is: you're already getting a distance learning MBA from India, this would make it very hard for you to pursue another MBA in the states, should you wish to do so later on in your life. Overall, I'm not quite sure what it is exactly that you're asking. Maybe someone else can chime in? Or can you better shape your questions? Your last question of "what would you recommend" threw me off guard =P. What are we recommending here?

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GPA: 2.5
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 110 [0], given: 59

Re: pls assist in assessment [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2011, 10:10
Hi Bakfed,really sorry for late revert.i appreciate ur response to my query.i ws seeking some advise to my feild and orientation, from the background i disclosed.meaning wt my academics u think, the colleges i mentioned wd be far cry, or within possible reach.being out of touch from required academics for long, i am not feeling confidant to try apply to these universities....

"When the going gets tough, the tough gets going!"

Bring ON SOME KUDOS MATES+++

-----------------------------
Quant Notes consolidated: consolodited-quant-guides-of-forum-most-helpful-in-preps-151067.html#p1217652

My GMAT journey begins: my-gmat-journey-begins-122251.html

All about Richard Ivey: all-about-richard-ivey-148594.html#p1190518

Re: pls assist in assessment   [#permalink] 25 Aug 2011, 10:10