Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

qualifiers

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
VP
VP
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 124 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
qualifiers [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2008, 08:50
Charles Lindbergh, for his attempt at a solo transatlantic flight, was very reluctant to have any extra weight on his plane, he therefore refused to carry even a pound of mail, despite being offered $1,000 to do so.

A. Charles Lindbergh, for his attempt at a solo transatlantic flight, was very reluctant to have any extra weight on his plane, he therefore
B. When Charles Lindbergh was attempting his solo transatlantic flight, being very reluctant to have any extra weight on his plane, he
C. Since he was very reluctant to carry any extra weight on his plane when he was attempting his solo transatlantic flight, so Charles Lindbergh
D. Being very reluctant to carry any extra weight on his plane when he attempted his solo transatlantic flight was the reason that Charles Lindbergh
E. Very reluctant to have any extra weight on his plane when he attempted his solo transatlantic flight, Charles Lindbergh
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: qualifiers [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2008, 09:29
E. :-D

A. Charles Lindbergh, for his attempt at a solo transatlantic flight, was very reluctant to have any extra weight on his plane, he therefore Awkward

B. When Charles Lindbergh was attempting his solo transatlantic flight, being very reluctant to have any extra weight on his plane, he

C. Since he was very reluctant to carry any extra weight on his plane when he was attempting his solo transatlantic flight, so Charles Lindbergh Crossed out : Continuous tense

D. Being very reluctant to carry any extra weight on his plane when he attempted his solo transatlantic flight was the reason that Charles Lindbergh

E. Very reluctant to have any extra weight on his plane when he attempted his solo transatlantic flight, Charles Lindbergh I think E is the best.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: qualifiers [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2008, 10:31
E

problems with other choices in my view:
A. , he therefore
B. When...., being
C. ..., so
D. Being ... reason that
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 104 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: qualifiers [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2008, 18:22
A. Charles Lindbergh, for his attempt at a solo transatlantic flight, was very reluctant to have any extra weight on his plane, he therefore (for his attempt – verbose – eliminate it)
B. When Charles Lindbergh was attempting his solo transatlantic flight, being very reluctant to have any extra weight on his plane, he (Why to have past progressive form – Eliminate it)
C. Since he was very reluctant to carry any extra weight on his plane when he was attempting his solo transatlantic flight, so Charles Lindbergh (Why to have past progressive form – Eliminate it)
D. Being very reluctant to carry any extra weight on his plane when he attempted his solo transatlantic flight was the reason that Charles Lindbergh (Being ?)
E. Very reluctant to have any extra weight on his plane when he attempted his solo transatlantic flight, Charles Lindbergh (Hold it)

Answer: E
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: qualifiers [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2008, 22:28
E :P
VP
VP
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 124 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User