GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2019, 04:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2015
Posts: 184
Location: Netherlands
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2015, 19:42
2
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2015
Posts: 184
Location: Netherlands
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2015, 19:43

BU Questrom Social Media Updates



Twitter





Facebook


Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2015
Posts: 184
Location: Netherlands
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2015, 19:43
Reserved Post
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Surendra: Cherukuri
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Research (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2015, 02:30
Boston has got a MS-MBA program. Its a good program particularly for people with Tech background.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 76
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 05:05
Hello everyone ! I submitted on 14th oct & reced a intv. call on 16th Oct. Wish me luck.!!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2013
Posts: 76
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 540 Q48 V17
GMAT 2: 630 Q49 V27
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 05:07
siinamits wrote:
Hello everyone ! I submitted on 14th oct & reced a intv. call on 16th Oct. Wish me luck.!!

Best of luck mate....can you please share topic of essays you got while applying?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 76
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 08:00
gaurav22nitj wrote:
siinamits wrote:
Hello everyone ! I submitted on 14th oct & reced a intv. call on 16th Oct. Wish me luck.!!

Best of luck mate....can you please share topic of essays you got while applying?


Hello Gaurav, I guess that is your name.
There ain't any essays as such just the video essays.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 76
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 08:02
There are 3 video essays & you will get them as impromptu.
I had -
1. Why BU?
2. Your role model?
3. What would you ask a politician of your country if given a chance?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Posts: 2
Schools: Boston U '18 (I)
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 11:25
i know this is a bit early but has anyone received decisions for R1 yet?
i had my interview on 10/26.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Posts: 6
WE: Editorial and Writing (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 11:43
I had my interview today, and the Ad Comm member emphasized the Dec 22 decision date. BU also extended its R1 deadline to Dec 1, so I don't know if that has any influence on their timeline as well.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2013
Posts: 76
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 540 Q48 V17
GMAT 2: 630 Q49 V27
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 12:29
Dear Link270 and ch486,

Kindly share your experience of the interview and please tell questions asked during interview. It will help other applicants,including me,have some idea of what kind of questions are being asked by Boston University's Adcom.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Posts: 6
WE: Editorial and Writing (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 12:51
gaurav22nitj wrote:
Dear Link270 and ch486,

Kindly share your experience of the interview and please tell questions asked during interview. It will help other applicants,including me,have some idea of what kind of questions are being asked by Boston University's Adcom.

Thanks in advance.


My interview was slightly under 30 minutes.

Intro questions:
1. Walk me through your resume.
2. Why BU? What about the program is appealing to you?
3. Explain the gap in your resume (applicant dependent).

Behavioral questions:
1. Tell me about a time you were innovative in the workplace.
2. Tell me about a time you took an unexpected leadership role.
3. Discuss a professional decision that did not work out in your favor and what you learned from it.
4. What do you like to do for fun and how do those activities help you in your professional life?

The rest of the time I asked questions about the program.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2015
Posts: 65
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
WE: General Management (Retail)
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 19:26
Link270 wrote:
gaurav22nitj wrote:
Dear Link270 and ch486,

Kindly share your experience of the interview and please tell questions asked during interview. It will help other applicants,including me,have some idea of what kind of questions are being asked by Boston University's Adcom.

Thanks in advance.


My interview was slightly under 30 minutes.

Intro questions:
1. Walk me through your resume.
2. Why BU? What about the program is appealing to you?
3. Explain the gap in your resume (applicant dependent).

Behavioral questions:
1. Tell me about a time you were innovative in the workplace.
2. Tell me about a time you took an unexpected leadership role.
3. Discuss a professional decision that did not work out in your favor and what you learned from it.
4. What do you like to do for fun and how do those activities help you in your professional life?

The rest of the time I asked questions about the program.


I had the same exact set of questions. I could tell he was reading a set of questions and figured everyone else would get the same. They were generic and didnt integrate my answers etc
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Nov 2015
Posts: 23
GPA: 3.41
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2015, 18:09
Has anyone been admitted so far?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Posts: 2
Schools: Boston U '18 (I)
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 13:54
Calcortes wrote:
Link270 wrote:
gaurav22nitj wrote:
Dear Link270 and ch486,

Kindly share your experience of the interview and please tell questions asked during interview. It will help other applicants,including me,have some idea of what kind of questions are being asked by Boston University's Adcom.

Thanks in advance.


My interview was slightly under 30 minutes.

Intro questions:
1. Walk me through your resume.
2. Why BU? What about the program is appealing to you?
3. Explain the gap in your resume (applicant dependent).

Behavioral questions:
1. Tell me about a time you were innovative in the workplace.
2. Tell me about a time you took an unexpected leadership role.
3. Discuss a professional decision that did not work out in your favor and what you learned from it.
4. What do you like to do for fun and how do those activities help you in your professional life?

The rest of the time I asked questions about the program.


I had the same exact set of questions. I could tell he was reading a set of questions and figured everyone else would get the same. They were generic and didnt integrate my answers etc



i also had the same questions.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2015
Posts: 3
Schools: Boston U '18 (A)
Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Dec 2015, 06:50
.

Originally posted by reindeer14 on 16 Dec 2015, 06:49.
Last edited by reindeer14 on 16 Dec 2015, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2015
Posts: 3
Schools: Boston U '18 (A)
Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 06:49
Has anyone heard from BU? My interviewer back in Nov. said they were hoping to release R1 decisions on Dec. 15, but I've heard nothing.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 27
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2015, 08:22
I was told by the interviewer that the decisions would be released by the 22nd of Dec.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2015
Posts: 3
Schools: Boston U '18 (A)
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2015, 13:42
Just got a call! In with $$ :) Good luck all!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2015
Posts: 65
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
WE: General Management (Retail)
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2015, 14:57
1
Just got the call, in for HSM. With $$ and lots of it. Wow
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!   [#permalink] 18 Dec 2015, 14:57

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 206 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne