Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
Send PM
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
greenzie wrote:
They will definitely roll out more admits either today or tomorrow! I think it simply means that they haven't gone through all the applications yet as they have the a large number of them in R2. Not sure why some of you guys think that to wait longer means negative results. If we all are going to be dinged or waitlisted, they could've done that too last week together with the admits. There is no point of selectively separating the WLs and dings till the end just to make us wait and suffer longer.

Simply, they just haven't made all the decisions yet. I hate the wait too but yeah nothing we can do...

At the end of my interview the interviewer told that they will try to give admits starting end of February and by March 4, the decision deadline, results will be out.
In any case, it is always exciting, holding on to the nerves.
And I am just wondering if there would be any Scholarship add-on for feb 26th release of admits compared to Mar 4th admits. 8-) :?:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
I see... But I think we have to realize that people who are active in GMAT club is a small minority only. There were 91 admits but only 12 reported here! Besides, people who get the admits early are usually more excited in sharing the news too. Somehow, I'm pretty sure there will be more admits. Cheer up everyone :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just pray that you won't see " An Update has been made to your BU MBA Application..." which would mean not so good news ;)
And in my case, my ride depends on the scholarship as well. Going by what mba87 has to say, I am getting more interested.
So, we can probably define the trend for future applicants by knowing if any one of us gets an admit tomorrow.
What do you say greenzie
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
Send PM
ReddyP wrote:
greenzie wrote:
They will definitely roll out more admits either today or tomorrow! I think it simply means that they haven't gone through all the applications yet as they have the a large number of them in R2. Not sure why some of you guys think that to wait longer means negative results. If we all are going to be dinged or waitlisted, they could've done that too last week together with the admits. There is no point of selectively separating the WLs and dings till the end just to make us wait and suffer longer.

Simply, they just haven't made all the decisions yet. I hate the wait too but yeah nothing we can do...

At the end of my interview the interviewer told that they will try to give admits starting end of February and by March 4, the decision deadline, results will be out.
In any case, it is always exciting, holding on to the nerves.
And I am just wondering if there would be any Scholarship add-on for feb 26th release of admits compared to Mar 4th admits. 8-) :?:

Considering that I haven't been offered an interview at this point, do you all think it's safe to assume I'm out? How many of you have received interviews but are still waiting for notification tomorrow?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
I completely understand your guys fears of results because I have the same issue with other schools I have apped to. For many schools I have not been waitlisted dinged nor invited so I am floating in limbo as well. In terms of scholarships, I think you guys are still in a good spot because I have received a bunch of emails from schools that I have started applications for back in December but never submitted and a lot of schools are saying that plenty of scholarships are still available. So assuming they are being truthful it seems it is definitely not too late for funding. Anyways good luck to all I know the next 24 hours or so will be very stressful.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Good luck to all of us guys! Less than 24h to go...

alannap, yes unfortunately I think you should let it go.They won't admit people without interview I think and there is no way they're doing the interview on the day of announcement deadline. I'd say in general if it's already the announcement deadline week and you still haven't been invited, I's let it go if I were you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
greenzie wrote:
Good luck to all of us guys! Less than 24h to go...

alannap, yes unfortunately I think you should let it go.They won't admit people without interview I think and there is no way they're doing the interview on the day of announcement deadline. I'd say in general if it's already the announcement deadline week and you still haven't been invited, I's let it go if I were you.

The day of reckoning is finally here..... May the force be with all of us! Good luck...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Good Luck to everyone waiting on the results today! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
alannap I think the only thing that can happen in your favour now is that you getting a waitlist. Thought sometimes it is more cruel than a ding - Trust me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
All the best folks....!! :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.37
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Radio silence...
No admit no reject..no update..yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MutatisMutandis wrote:
Radio silence...
No admit no reject..no update..yet.

Same. No update on their portal either.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
Got a ding from another college an hour back... BU be kind please !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
WL for me :-(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ConsultingBee wrote:
WL for me :-(

Same. Do you guys think it's worth it to retake my GRE to try for higher scores at this point?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Also WL for me :(

I hope there will be someone with admit, otherwise, it really doesnt make sense to announce the WL and dings one week after the others...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: LBS '18 (M)
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
[quote="greenzie"]Also WL for me :(

I hope there will be someone with admit, otherwise, it really doesnt make sense to announce the WL and dings one week after the others...[/quote

Same here ............ WL w/o Interview :?

greenzie A WL after interview stands a far better chance, I wish you all the Best :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts