GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 11 Jul 2020, 19:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2016, 22:16
ReddyP wrote:
So, I think Jay2016 is possibly right in predicting the trends (at least for GMAT club members)

Waitlisted :-D

And now, the mental pressure is directly proportional to the time taken to hear final result.

that is a bummer ReddyP :cry:
it really does surprise me the amount of you that were waitlisted ( especially as a % of the users on this forum) and a lot of you with good metrics as well I was really rooting for you guys
I guess people's assumption of the last week notices being mostly waitlist bodes true and that will probably be the case for me for the schools that I have still not heard from as well :oops:

the silver lining though is that you were all waitlisted and not dinged, this could mean a few things, perhaps admissions was overly generous for R1 and on top of that an unexpected amount of the admits went on to make R1 deposits, as such this would cause admissions to perhaps be forced to play it safe and waitlist a larger proportion in R2 than they would have normally, this is all speculation but if this is the case then I'd assume we should see a lot of waitlist admits come April 13 when R2 deposits are due.

Also greenzie I read your other threads inquiring about waitlist > scholarship. While usually yes it is mostly the case that a waitlist candidate would not receive scholarships if admitted I believe that if the scenario I speculated above is the case you guys might have a good chance at still getting $$. If scholarship awardees were to withdraw from admission especially the later it gets in the rounds, I would assume they would rereward it and I think theres a good chance that a lot of you who got waitlisted would be more qualified candidates than those applying last minute in R3 etc. so I'd def stay optimistic about that.

But yea I agree that the limbo of waitlist is the worst because there is no real given timeframe, I wouldn't know anything about that because most of my results were straight dings haha.
ReddyP are you planning on sending out last minute apps to other schools given your negative results thus far? I really would if I were you, given your stellar score I would have to think you would catch traction somewhere and perhaps have just had bad luck/timing with the others.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 00:20
Jay2016 wrote:
ReddyP wrote:
So, I think Jay2016 is possibly right in predicting the trends (at least for GMAT club members)

Waitlisted :-D

And now, the mental pressure is directly proportional to the time taken to hear final result.

that is a bummer ReddyP :cry:
it really does surprise me the amount of you that were waitlisted ( especially as a % of the users on this forum) and a lot of you with good metrics as well I was really rooting for you guys
I guess people's assumption of the last week notices being mostly waitlist bodes true and that will probably be the case for me for the schools that I have still not heard from as well :oops:

the silver lining though is that you were all waitlisted and not dinged, this could mean a few things, perhaps admissions was overly generous for R1 and on top of that an unexpected amount of the admits went on to make R1 deposits, as such this would cause admissions to perhaps be forced to play it safe and waitlist a larger proportion in R2 than they would have normally, this is all speculation but if this is the case then I'd assume we should see a lot of waitlist admits come April 13 when R2 deposits are due.

Also greenzie I read your other threads inquiring about waitlist > scholarship. While usually yes it is mostly the case that a waitlist candidate would not receive scholarships if admitted I believe that if the scenario I speculated above is the case you guys might have a good chance at still getting $$. If scholarship awardees were to withdraw from admission especially the later it gets in the rounds, I would assume they would rereward it and I think theres a good chance that a lot of you who got waitlisted would be more qualified candidates than those applying last minute in R3 etc. so I'd def stay optimistic about that.

But yea I agree that the limbo of waitlist is the worst because there is no real given timeframe, I wouldn't know anything about that because most of my results were straight dings haha.
ReddyP are you planning on sending out last minute apps to other schools given your negative results thus far? I really would if I were you, given your stellar score I would have to think you would catch traction somewhere and perhaps have just had bad luck/timing with the others.

Have lot of R1 admits confirmed the deposits? On this forum I see only 2 people showing as having submitted the deposit.... Maybe other's have not updated their status. But yeah... waitlist is truly a nerve wrecking period.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
Re: Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 02:40
Hey Jay2016,
I am not planning to submit any more apps now. Its high time, especially for Intl applicants.
Rotman in R3 is my last and will be for this Fall.
May be my GMAT Score is over shadowed by my below par Work Ex of 3yrs...
And more over with my GMAT score, I can enter the Class of 2021 (entering Fall 2019) as well ;) :-D (Being positive)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 07:09
ReddyP, I think the combination of Indian, R2 and 3 years experience did not work for you well. And chances become more grim if you are male and are an IT professional. In my opinion, you can get a lot better admits next year in R1 if you gain the right experience and craft your essays carefully.

You may get even a full scholarship from BU as well. Most of the R1 guys from India with high score got that. Somehow I think it is more readily available to Indian IT people if they are applying for MS-MBA. I got a full scholarship with MS-MBA in R1. Also, it gives you a 29 month OPT against the 12 month OPT of normal MBA as per the current rule.
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 14:40
I'd say I have one of the most unique background and it still didn't work out for me...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2016, 01:33
The chances of getting a decent scholarship for a waitlisted candidate is thinner. At least this is what I was told by one of the alumni! I don't know how true is that though! Admit without a decent scholarship is more like a ding for me! :(

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2016, 03:11
Abhimirage wrote:
The chances of getting a decent scholarship for a waitlisted candidate is thinner. At least this is what I was told by one of the alumni! I don't know how true is that though! Admit without a decent scholarship is more like a ding for me! :(

More or less the same case with me as well :?
Director
Director
G
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M$)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 10:36
Are internationals eligible to apply in R3?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 05:58
How many of the waitlisted candidates from R2 had applied for MBA-MS program?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 05:59
Does that come under stem category?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 06:01
No idea about that. Did you apply to the MS-MBA program?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 06:02
Nope! General management! :/

Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 06:12
HS MBA for me
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 07:53
Why do you ask about the MS MBA bazookabanger
On that topic an email went out explaining how the MBA MS info system is now MBA MS Digital Innovation do any of you guys have any thoughts on that or are looking to pursue that?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 08:04
I have applied for the MBA-MS (IS) program in R3 and now since the program has been redesigned as MBA-MSDi so I wanted to know if any of the waitlisted candidates had also applied to the same program. I am not sure how different the MSDi program will be from the MSIS program and I would really appreciate any inputs.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Design (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2016, 16:40
Hi (Potential) Incoming admits of Class of 2018!

I just went through this thread. I am surprised to see so many waitlists for International students. I am in BU MS-MBA Class of 2017. It was much easier the last year I think. I know at least 4 people in my batch (3 Indians and 1 American) who got full ride (including me).

I think it is because Questrom is really improving lately. I think we went up 2-3 ranks in US News this year.

If anyone has any questions PM me! I am happy to help. The extra busy curriculum of 2nd semester doesn't give me time to check out threads.

Better yet reach out to me on my e-mail chinmay[dot]d[at]gmail.com

I am also in the leadership position of MS-MBA Association and was helping out new admits about the confusion of MSIS vs MSDI in the admitted students weekend. I have prepared an e-mail to explain the basic differences that I will soon share here. Just a note, it totally qualifies for a STEM degree, and if you are planning to stay in the US after graduation, you should definitely opt for MSDI.

I will also make a post about my views of Questrom, the pros and cons, soon enough, if I manage to get any time from projects, meetings, internship search, and parties at all :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2016, 10:41
Waitlisted :(
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2016, 11:05
same here..waitlisted. Do typically waitlisted gets converted to an Admit?
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2016, 14:22
I am R2 waitlist and I still haven't heard from them until now.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
My BU Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2016, 13:19
GMAT Club Bot
My BU Review   [#permalink] 20 Jun 2016, 13:19

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 206 posts ] 

Calling all Boston University Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

new topic post reply Update application status