Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 22:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Teacher Candidate

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 510 Q34 V28
GMAT 2: 580 Q35 V35
GMAT 3: 640 Q34 V44
GMAT 4: 690 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.61
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 16

Teacher Candidate [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2012, 15:48
My work experience consists of teaching elementary students.

Years Experience: 5
UGPA: 3.5
UG: Texas A&M University

During my five years working for a large school district, I have earned several awards and have held responsibilities for duties that involve entire school district.

Has your school ever admitted any teachers into your program? If not, would it be beneficial if I tried to seek employment in the private sector?

Thank you
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 560 [0], given: 30

Re: Teacher Candidate [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2012, 23:22
Expert's post
I've seen teachers do very well, as long as you have the good GMAT and grades, and you have interesting things to tell about your work experience. Obviously it would be expected that when you graduate you don't just simply go back to teach. A typical "good goal" for someone in your situation would be to present goals of going into either Education Management or Education Consulting.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 1

Re: Teacher Candidate [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2012, 07:59
Expert's post
Candidates from non-traditional backgrounds always join MBA programs. I believe, teachers possess strong leadership skills as they take charge of classroom activities, lectures, class discussions, group activities etc. A good teacher always motivates her/ his students, draws out the best in them, and boosts their self esteem . She/ he not only teaches them text book material, but also acts as their guide and counselor. Also, teachers are actively involved in activities out side of classroom - arranging field trips, organizing house activities, chairing meetings etc.

So you see teachers have a plethora of activities that they can draw upon in their MBA essays as they possess variety of skills that B-schools are looking for in candidates. I have been a teacher for many many years , so I can say this from my experience.

I hope it helped.

If you find my post helpful, let me know by giving me kudos.

Thanks,

MyEssayReview - A personalized and dedicated essay-review service
Email:poonam@myessayreview.com

Image Image Image

Re: Teacher Candidate   [#permalink] 10 Aug 2012, 07:59