Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Nov 2014, 04:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which MBA Ranking???

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 6

Which MBA Ranking??? [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 17:37
The Economist, Wall Street, FT, Forbes, Bloomberg Businessweek, etc. etc. etc. Which one is the most reliable? Which one is the one that most employers look at?? One ranking has a school at #9 and the other one has it at 53....what gives??

Please help. Been accepted to 2 schools and having a hard time deciding.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 133 [1] , given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Which MBA Ranking??? [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 17:57
This post received
KUDOS
What are the two schools?

All the rankings are flawed in their own way but they can be useful for their underlying data. If post graduation salary is most important use business week. If alumni satisfaction is then use FT.

Business week is the oldest and perhaps the most followed. I'd say your best bet is to talk to students and see if recruiters from your goal industry and companies come to campus.

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Intern
Intern

Re: Which MBA Ranking??? [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 18:06
They are 2 completely different schools and programs. One is Hult (their one-year Full-time MBA) and the other one is Rotman School of Management at University of Toronto, and it's their Omnium Global Executive MBA. (I've actually been accepted to a 3rd school as well, but I ruled the other one out). When I first applied, the Omnium program was my first choice and Hult was my last, but it's actually turning out to be a tough decision. I'm self-financing, so the tuition costs are something to consider (U of T turns out to be $100K+ and with the scholarship Hult has offered, it turns out to be $46K....less than half). Everything is different about these 2 programs and like I said, ultimately it will come down to me weighing out the pros and cons and deciding (mainly Full-time MBA vs. Executive). I believe U of T is a more reputable school and that the Omnium program is quite prestigious, but still.....it's a lot of money to be paying out of pocket.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Which MBA Ranking??? [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 18:38
I'm skeptical of Hult and most threads on gmatclub reinforce this skepticism. This is one of those times where the adage "you get what you pay for" holds true.

Unfortunately Hult isn't super transparent, which in my opinion adds to the lack of credibility.

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.

Intern
Intern

Re: Which MBA Ranking??? [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 18:48
machichi wrote:
I'm skeptical of Hult and most threads on gmatclub reinforce this skepticism. This is one of those times where the adage "you get what you pay for" holds true.

Unfortunately Hult isn't super transparent, which in my opinion adds to the lack of credibility.

Thank you for that reply. My gut tells me the same thing. When they initially called me to give me the acceptance, they only gave me 8 days in which to confirm and pay my $3500 deposit. I felt pressured and this turned me off. Then I was fortunate to obtain a 2nd offer, so Hult came back with a higher scholarship offer and an extension on which to decide.

I guess I've just answered my own question....thank you :)
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Which MBA Ranking??? [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 21:31
NextChapter wrote:
Thank you for that reply. My gut tells me the same thing. When they initially called me to give me the acceptance, they only gave me 8 days in which to confirm and pay my $3500 deposit. I felt pressured and this turned me off. Then I was fortunate to obtain a 2nd offer, so Hult came back with a higher scholarship offer and an extension on which to decide.

I guess I've just answered my own question....thank you :)

The question left to answer is whether you want a full-time MBA or an executive. Is that as easy? :)

Re: Which MBA Ranking???   [#permalink] 12 May 2013, 21:31