Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [15]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM
Re: Contributing Kudos more generously. [#permalink]
you got one from me too. keep up the good work. if you keep contributing im sure more folks will do the same back for you :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks vwjetty.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Hospitality management
Schools:EHL
Send PM
Thanks Matthew. Good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 560 Q47 V20
GMAT 3: 600 Q47 V25
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
You brought some good point on the table. Kudos to you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi MathewLester! Nice approach! really like ur style! +1 from me!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
I agree, it's gotten pretty bad. I've seen some amazingly helpful and obviously time consuming posts made recently which received very little kudos. This forum isnt about posting mind bendingly brilliant posts, its about helping eachother out. Genuinely trying to help someone out with a good post is more than enough for a kudos.

Nice post +1!
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
I agree that some truly excellent posts unfortunately fail to receive the kudos that they deserve. But it's important to not become too interested in kudos, as that would defeat the purpose of earning them. I understand that some members need them to gain access to study material, but trust me: if you work hard and long enough, the kudos will come!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Kudos
True that bmillan01! It's about finding the optimal balance really. I was looking at the received:given ratio for posters at different stages of integration into the gmatclub. Looks like early posters start of giving a lot more than they receive (like me). Probably because we are directed to stickys with the best articles from the get go. These initial/excellent posts get a lot of newbie Kudos. Over time it levels off with continued involvement/interaction on the forum. Posters with near equal received:given ratios preserve the validity of 'the kudos' very well. bb being an obvious example with 1274 received to 1191 given. Nearly 1:1!

You're ratio isn't too bad either! :)

''if you post it, they will come''

Nice mantra!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 560 Q47 V20
GMAT 3: 600 Q47 V25
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
One more suggestion: Author of any post should consider awarding Kudos to more than one participants because all of them bring different perspective to solve a question.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
I agree with bmillan over here. This is a good thread. As far as kudos are concerned, I feel like a lot of the people who genuinely contribute to the forums and are beyond the 50 mark or whatever, seldom care for kudos. I like to give out kudos too, but sometimes, when I am moving topics around or answering questions, I forget to give kudos to some posts that genuinely deserve it. Good job bringing it up :)
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.59
WE:Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Kudos for the post.

MathewLester wrote:
Dear GMAT members,

I joined this Club recently. Unfortunately, I am kinda late in joining since I am giving my GMAT this Nov, 29, 2010. It was only after I joined and read through the various 'GMAT experiences' that I realized how important GMAT club tests are for our self-improvement. This is especially true for Quant sections. To give you an instance, I was scoring constantly above 90 percentile in Kaplan's Online Quant tests as well as its CATs. But when I took one of the GMAT club tests, I realized that I could improve my score easily in the real GMAT by doing tougher questions. And trust me, The GMAT Club Quant section is a lot tougher and helps you equip yourself with more powerful tools in handling such questions.

I have noticed that in many Verbal questions discussion and Quant sections discussion, a lot of members put up difficult questions and lot of members take pain to answer them as amazingly as they can. Somehow, we all make use of their strategies but for some odd reason don't show them the gratitude for it. Guys, here is what I was coming to "PLEASE GIVE KUDOS TO EVERY MEMBER WHO HAS PUT IN EFFORT TO ANSWER A QUESTION AS IT ULTIMATELY HELPS ALL OF US". We are all here to improve ourselves and to encourage our-self from losing our motivation while going through the painful and difficult GMAT experience.

When you are generous with KUDOS:

1) You help the fellow members by motivating them
2) You help fellow members to reach the 25/50 Kudos so that they can access the GMAT club tests free of cost (Not all of us have the money to pay for it)
3) You make the whole GMAT experiences more enjoyable.
4) YOU DON'T LOST ANYTHING!

I hope we can help each other out this way. Please consider giving me KUDOS if you felt this post made sense and it will help all of us! :beer

Thanks,
M
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Very interesting post, and relevant. Kudos are an important feature of members contribution to the community, sometimes even small posts are worth a Kudo, as it makes us move a little bit further on the learning curve for GMAT Club members.
Anyway, let us know of your exams results, and kudos from me (even though I am not sure it is going to help you AFTER taking the test).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Kudos
btw: @MathewLester
I noticed that you gave 3 kudos... help us out the same way we are for you
cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Driss,
I scored 700. You can go thro' my debrief under 'Finally a 700. Awesome', if you find the time. Also, I have mostly contributed to the answers on this club and hence the low kudos. Nevertheless, I will contribute kudos on good/avg posts going forward.

Thanks,
M.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot