Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 293
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 75

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 08:14
abhinav11 wrote:
Hi guys,

I need suggestion from the veterans, I was planning to give my GMAT in SEPT 2012 but could not give due to job change, Now with almost all the deadlines over I am thinking of giving it on 20 JAN 2012 to at least give a shot for NUS and for some colleges R3 deadlines. But I am yet not confident that I will be able to score 700+ in this much time..

What do you all suggest shall I wait n postpone my gmat and take in March April with more confidence or give a try in JAN and then if I dont score in Jan give another go in March ..

Actually I wanted to do MBA this Sept only but job change made me wait :(
PLEASE suggest


Prepare till Jan 10 and than give the Gmat prep test. If you got the desired score (+_20 points). Than go for it, otherwise postpone.
_________________

YOU CAN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 293
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 75

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 08:17
Hi

Please share the SC 700-800 pdf (GMAT CLUB collection) file if you have.
I didn't find this file in "download section".
_________________

YOU CAN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 238
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 105 [0], given: 63

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 08:49
worldofecofin wrote:
Practice which questions within the pill? I didn't quite get you.




I was reffering to the Level 600 / level 700 questions within the frameworks...
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 238
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 105 [1] , given: 63

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 08:52
1
This post received
KUDOS
greatps24 wrote:
Hi

Please share the SC 700-800 pdf (GMAT CLUB collection) file if you have.
I didn't find this file in "download section".


I don't think there is a specific file like that there is SC file over here under his debrief has 198 questions ( if you do practice with these questions expect a score inflation in your gmat prep)

done-and-dusted-730-q49-v40-97838.html


If you want to practice questions according difficulty level go over here and practice with gmat prep / paper tests etc you will get tons of questions...

viewforumtags.php
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 293
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 75

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 11:17
nelz007 wrote:
greatps24 wrote:
Hi

Please share the SC 700-800 pdf (GMAT CLUB collection) file if you have.
I didn't find this file in "download section".


I don't think there is a specific file like that there is SC file over here under his debrief has 198 questions ( if you do practice with these questions expect a score inflation in your gmat prep)

done-and-dusted-730-q49-v40-97838.html


If you want to practice questions according difficulty level go over here and practice with gmat prep / paper tests etc you will get tons of questions...

viewforumtags.php



I do not want to solve gmatprep SC question as will it effect my Gmat Prep CAT scores.


I came to know about SC 700-800 pdf from this thread:
my-gmat-story-from-640-to-700-thankyou-gmatclub-144345.html
_________________

YOU CAN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Sep 2012
Posts: 144
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 00:38
Thanks so much your suggestion , i will give MGMAT this sunday and will see where I stand and prepare for 20 days and give my GMAT PREP on jan 10 and will see If I am in position to give GMAT or not ...

I was working on my quant and happily have considerable improvement in my quant and after basics brush u found OG -12 quant quite easy...But really finding it difficult in VERBAL.. Finished ARistotle SC grail twice and Powerscore CR bible also once but still not able to get the desired accuracy , any suggestions are welcome

Thanks,
Abhinav


greatps24 wrote:
abhinav11 wrote:
Hi guys,

I need suggestion from the veterans, I was planning to give my GMAT in SEPT 2012 but could not give due to job change, Now with almost all the deadlines over I am thinking of giving it on 20 JAN 2012 to at least give a shot for NUS and for some colleges R3 deadlines. But I am yet not confident that I will be able to score 700+ in this much time..

What do you all suggest shall I wait n postpone my gmat and take in March April with more confidence or give a try in JAN and then if I dont score in Jan give another go in March ..

Actually I wanted to do MBA this Sept only but job change made me wait :(
PLEASE suggest


Prepare till Jan 10 and than give the Gmat prep test. If you got the desired score (+_20 points). Than go for it, otherwise postpone.

_________________

Regards,
Abhinav

GMAT 1 - 580 (Q47 V23) a-tight-slap-on-face-149457.html

GMAT 2 - 670 (Q48 V34) 670-one-month-off-from-office-and-2-months-hard-work-163761.html#p1297561

“If you don't change your life; your life will change you.”

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 238
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 105 [0], given: 63

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 07:13
abhinav11 wrote:
Thanks so much your suggestion , i will give MGMAT this sunday and will see where I stand and prepare for 20 days and give my GMAT PREP on jan 10 and will see If I am in position to give GMAT or not ...

I was working on my quant and happily have considerable improvement in my quant and after basics brush u found OG -12 quant quite easy...But really finding it difficult in VERBAL.. Finished ARistotle SC grail twice and Powerscore CR bible also once but still not able to get the desired accuracy , any suggestions are welcome

Thanks,
Abhinav



Try this CR video and see if it helps you its from veritas part of gmatclub 1 million posts celebration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsMFmnV0NBY
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 May 2011
Posts: 23
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 16:56
have my exam on Dec 28th. my score has not changed much in the last few weeks of prep but my break down has. Last 3 practice tests I scored a 710-720 (2 MGMAT tests and 1 Kaplan). My breakout on the 2 MGMAT tests was 42Q/45V and 45Q/41V. I dont think the Kaplan exam gave my Quant/Verbal breakout, just some percentages. I plan on studying all day for the next few days (no work this week) leading up to the exam, but was wondering if you guys had any last minute advice?? I am kind of scared that my scores between Q and V keep shifting back and forth, its been that way for a while now. Really hoping I can get them both at the 45 mark on exam day.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 293
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 75

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 20:56
big4sucks wrote:
have my exam on Dec 28th. my score has not changed much in the last few weeks of prep but my break down has. Last 3 practice tests I scored a 710-720 (2 MGMAT tests and 1 Kaplan). My breakout on the 2 MGMAT tests was 42Q/45V and 45Q/41V. I dont think the Kaplan exam gave my Quant/Verbal breakout, just some percentages. I plan on studying all day for the next few days (no work this week) leading up to the exam, but was wondering if you guys had any last minute advice?? I am kind of scared that my scores between Q and V keep shifting back and forth, its been that way for a while now. Really hoping I can get them both at the 45 mark on exam day.


Relax. You are doing good.

Review your error log and build your stamina by giving more test

Have a look on this as well:

gmat-prep-analysis-tool-102803.html
_________________

YOU CAN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 21:55
Hey guys,
My test is on Jan 11
Real test last month 580 (Q47,V25)
I'm trying to boost my Verbal score and I think the easiest way is through SC
I decided to dedicate one full week (7 hrs per day) on SC. I'm a little bit confused tho on which to focus my studying towards
what would you recommend E-GMAT SC course or Thursdays with Ron (19 Lectures of SC) ?
(I've already done OG12, OG2 and MGMAT SC numerous times!)
Thanks all!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 May 2011
Posts: 23
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2012, 10:33
greatps24 wrote:
big4sucks wrote:
have my exam on Dec 28th. my score has not changed much in the last few weeks of prep but my break down has. Last 3 practice tests I scored a 710-720 (2 MGMAT tests and 1 Kaplan). My breakout on the 2 MGMAT tests was 42Q/45V and 45Q/41V. I dont think the Kaplan exam gave my Quant/Verbal breakout, just some percentages. I plan on studying all day for the next few days (no work this week) leading up to the exam, but was wondering if you guys had any last minute advice?? I am kind of scared that my scores between Q and V keep shifting back and forth, its been that way for a while now. Really hoping I can get them both at the 45 mark on exam day.


Relax. You are doing good.

Review your error log and build your stamina by giving more test

Have a look on this as well:

gmat-prep-analysis-tool-102803.html


thanks for the advice! just took gmat prep #2 yesterday and got a 750 (49Q, 42V, 7IR)! very excited about this score. does anyone know of a quick way to export gmat prep questions and answers into Excel? i never closed out of the program yesterday after i finished my exam bc i know you cant access it again, but i was wondering if there is any sort of way i can get this information into Excel or any other program. any help would be greatly appreciated!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 May 2011
Posts: 23
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013 [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 22:01
1
This post received
KUDOS
took my exam earlier today (well i guess technically yesterday now) and i got a 760!! sooo happy!!! thanks for all of your help gmatclub, you have been an invaluable resource for me during my gmat preparation! comparing my breakout between Q and V to the score distribution chart provided in one of the other threads, a 49Q/47V correlates to a 780, but i don't really care much, i'll take my 760 any day of the week!
Re: GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013   [#permalink] 28 Dec 2012, 22:01
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic GMAT Books: 2012 vs. 2013 Karateboy 4 28 Jan 2014, 20:06
Experts publish their posts in the topic what after GMAT in Dec 2013? vineetanand 1 11 Oct 2013, 23:55
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic GMAT Jan 2013; Goal: 700+, ADVICE PLEASE! USAFA2011 2 03 Oct 2012, 12:51
5 HEC Paris Jan 2012 - Intake FergTron 11 06 Dec 2010, 19:28
The rain fall from Jan to Dec are recorded. The rainfall for karovd 5 24 Nov 2004, 07:52
Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAT in Dec 2012 - Jan 2013

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   [ 92 posts ] 

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.