Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 16:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended? [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 03:31
I had a really bad experience with GMAT Pill. They claim that they will give you 24X7 email support but Zeke never replied back to my queries & when I approached him with the request of money back guess what...he is not replying as usual..

Such unprofessional ism frustrates me...
GMAT Pill GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 276

Kudos [?]: 600 [0], given: 5

Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended? [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 07:48
Expert's post
Hi Vijay,

Yes, we offer a 50 point score guarantee, as detailed in our terms of service and guarantee policy. As such, should you meet the requirements listed on those pages and don't make the score improvement, we'd be happy to fulfill our end of the policy.

Having said that, we are happy to help you with any GMAT-related inquiries.

Ace That GMAT,

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended? [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 08:53
Hello,

I have been using the GMAT Quant pill for the past few weeks and have been pleasantly surprised after some initial apprehension. I sat for my first GMAT in January and scored only a 32 in the Quant section after scoring in the mid 40's on practice exams. I took the MGMAT full class in Miami and after my test was looking for something different to improve my score. I will say that MGMAT does have good concepts and a plethora of information, however you can just buy all the books on Amazon less than $200 instead of spending $1000 like I did for the whole package. I believe the $189 I spent on the GMAT pill has been a solid investment, especially the DS section. I'm retaking my test on March 6 and in the past few weeks have been doing noticeably better on Quant questions and feel more confident in my abilities. Where the GMAT pill stands out for me is the intuitive and streamlined approach Zeke takes to many different question types where afterwards I'm thinking why didn't I think about that method to approach a particular question. I'm planning on buying the SC pill and will have more details about the SC methods and also how my next test goes on March 6.

Bryan Lerner
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2132

Kudos [?]: 7254 [0], given: 3618

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended? [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 08:54
Expert's post
blerner11 wrote:
Hello,

I have been using the GMAT Quant pill for the past few weeks and have been pleasantly surprised after some initial apprehension.
Bryan Lerner

Too funny :)
Why the apprehension? What gave you some of the initial discomfort?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended? [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 09:16
Hey bb,

I was apprehensive at first because I never heard about the GMAT pill until I came to the GMAT club. So, it not being one of the "big" test prep companies left me feeling a little worried if it was legit. So, after going to the website and watching a few preview videos I decided to take the plunge and bought just the DS pill for $97 and felt like if it didn't help I wasn't going to waste a lot of money. After using the DS pill I definitively saw an improvement so I bought the PS pill, and now plan on buying the SC pill because it's my only weak area on verbal. I'm definitely happy with my progress so far with the Quant pill, and will report back soon on whether the SC pill helped me and also how I do on my next exam on March 6.

Bryan Lerner
Manager
Manager
GPA: 2.3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 115

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended? [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 23:10
smartmundu wrote:
I would say GMATPILL is good for few things because it more of tips and tricks to answer the problem. But the questions with wordiness, clarity or idiom concepts then GMATPILL method fail to address and i hope even no other study material cover those things. If you are expecting solid Grammer rules then GMATPILL is not the right thing to do.

Zeke - Can you please explain what smartmundu is trying to say?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Consider to give me kudos if my post helped you.

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 276

Kudos [?]: 600 [0], given: 5

Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended? [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2012, 06:16
Expert's post
ObsessedWithGMAT wrote:
smartmundu wrote:
I would say GMATPILL is good for few things because it more of tips and tricks to answer the problem. But the questions with wordiness, clarity or idiom concepts then GMATPILL method fail to address and i hope even no other study material cover those things. If you are expecting solid Grammer rules then GMATPILL is not the right thing to do.

Zeke - Can you please explain what smartmundu is trying to say?

Hi ObsessedWithGMAT,

What smartmundu is trying to say is this: we explain everything in very easy-to-understand terms instead of using fancy grammatical principles and labels like "participial phrase" or "subjunctive clause" in our explanation - we believe these fancy words just further confuse the student.

Memorizing these grammar rules is not the right approach to GMAT. Instead, we teach you how to think - how to identify the important parts of the sentence and how to stay away from the FLUFF of the sentence that wastes your time. If you take a look at the many email screenshot testimonials on our homepage, many students say they still don't know what these fancy grammar terms mean - yet they were able to score 700+ or make a massive improvement to their score.

So if you are expecting to memorize grammar at the PhD level, then GMAT Pill is not for you. We specialize on quickly fixing sentences and moving on to the next one in as little time as possible. If you are a busy professional with limited time, this would be great for you.

In short, we specialize on SC questions for the GMAT - not a Master's degree in English. These skills will be with you for a lifetime in business in which recognizing sentence errors in business documents is more important than labeling them as a "superficial parallelism."

Also note that the previous post was posted a while ago. Since then, we've added many upgrades that further tackle areas like idioms that are harder to put rules on. These are the same questions that smartmandu says no other company addresses. You can see some of these idiom frameworks in Core Framework #5. We also have strong emphasis on meaning. These upgrades, as well as the Practice Pill Platform and iPad app, have been provided to existing users all free of charge.

For a sample of how we attack SC questions, take a look here:

http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... -questions

Note this is only one portion of the SC Pill. The frameworks and quizzes are elsewhere.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 96 [0], given: 63

Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended? [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2012, 07:04
you could also have a look at these videos and see if they suit your style

http://www.youtube.com/user/gmatpill

Hope that helps!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 09-12-2013

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 35

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended? [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2013, 11:16
This post received
KUDOS
Without offence to anyone.

Just to point out that the below review is written by that guy who joined the gmatclub forum on the same day on which he wrote the review.
Second, he has only one post in his account.

Please share some genuine reviews, I can't believe any prep company to provide 100% satishfaction. (Please correct me, if I am wrong.)

Moreover, the knowledge that I gained from gmatclub as well as from manhattan forums is in·dis·pen·sa·ble that i don't feel like investing in some course.

the only problem with studying from forum is that the knowledge is scatter without any roadmap signs.

PS : We are making a dent in our saving account by applying/buying any prep course. So, I request everyone to share genuine reviews. Please.

chanandr wrote:
After having a bad experience with Princeton Review for the GRE, I've been hesitant to try any other GMAT Prep courses. I ended up buying a Kaplan book to self study and the Official Guide; however, after completing the Kaplan Book I still did not feel very confident and was taking way too long completing math problems in the Official Guide even though I was getting most of them right.

I was thinking about registering for a Manhattan GMAT course since there credentials seem to be a lot better than Princeton Review or Kaplan, until I stumbled on to this program. The money back guarantee attracted me, so I decided to give it a shot. I can already tell you that after only studying two hours with the gmatpill, it's teaching me way better than self-studying, and the concepts seem to be sticking in my head well.

I wouldn't be able to compare this program with any of the prep courses, but I can at least say that I highly recommend it for someone who wishes to self study and go cheap. The program is made out for people who want to take the GMAT within 2-4 weeks; however, I'm in no rush and I'm feel pretty confident that I'll do well on the test after studying with this program for a few months.

If KUDOS then gmatclub Test series.
YEAH!!

Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended?   [#permalink] 08 Sep 2013, 11:16