Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
GPA: 2.3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Pill study method - Recommended? [#permalink]
smartmundu wrote:
I would say GMATPILL is good for few things because it more of tips and tricks to answer the problem. But the questions with wordiness, clarity or idiom concepts then GMATPILL method fail to address and i hope even no other study material cover those things. If you are expecting solid Grammer rules then GMATPILL is not the right thing to do.

Zeke - Can you please explain what smartmundu is trying to say?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
ObsessedWithGMAT wrote:
smartmundu wrote:
I would say GMATPILL is good for few things because it more of tips and tricks to answer the problem. But the questions with wordiness, clarity or idiom concepts then GMATPILL method fail to address and i hope even no other study material cover those things. If you are expecting solid Grammer rules then GMATPILL is not the right thing to do.

Zeke - Can you please explain what smartmundu is trying to say?

Hi ObsessedWithGMAT,

What smartmundu is trying to say is this: we explain everything in very easy-to-understand terms instead of using fancy grammatical principles and labels like "participial phrase" or "subjunctive clause" in our explanation - we believe these fancy words just further confuse the student.

Memorizing these grammar rules is not the right approach to GMAT. Instead, we teach you how to think - how to identify the important parts of the sentence and how to stay away from the FLUFF of the sentence that wastes your time. If you take a look at the many email screenshot testimonials on our homepage, many students say they still don't know what these fancy grammar terms mean - yet they were able to score 700+ or make a massive improvement to their score.

So if you are expecting to memorize grammar at the PhD level, then GMAT Pill is not for you. We specialize on quickly fixing sentences and moving on to the next one in as little time as possible. If you are a busy professional with limited time, this would be great for you.

In short, we specialize on SC questions for the GMAT - not a Master's degree in English. These skills will be with you for a lifetime in business in which recognizing sentence errors in business documents is more important than labeling them as a "superficial parallelism."

Also note that the previous post was posted a while ago. Since then, we've added many upgrades that further tackle areas like idioms that are harder to put rules on. These are the same questions that smartmandu says no other company addresses. You can see some of these idiom frameworks in Core Framework #5. We also have strong emphasis on meaning. These upgrades, as well as the Practice Pill Platform and iPad app, have been provided to existing users all free of charge.

For a sample of how we attack SC questions, take a look here:

https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... -questions

Note this is only one portion of the SC Pill. The frameworks and quizzes are elsewhere.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1329 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
you could also have a look at these videos and see if they suit your style

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmatpill

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT Date: 09-12-2013
Send PM
Kudos
Without offence to anyone.

Just to point out that the below review is written by that guy who joined the gmatclub forum on the same day on which he wrote the review.
Second, he has only one post in his account.

Please share some genuine reviews, I can't believe any prep company to provide 100% satishfaction. (Please correct me, if I am wrong.)

Moreover, the knowledge that I gained from gmatclub as well as from manhattan forums is in·dis·pen·sa·ble that i don't feel like investing in some course.

the only problem with studying from forum is that the knowledge is scatter without any roadmap signs.

PS : We are making a dent in our saving account by applying/buying any prep course. So, I request everyone to share genuine reviews. Please.

chanandr wrote:
After having a bad experience with Princeton Review for the GRE, I've been hesitant to try any other GMAT Prep courses. I ended up buying a Kaplan book to self study and the Official Guide; however, after completing the Kaplan Book I still did not feel very confident and was taking way too long completing math problems in the Official Guide even though I was getting most of them right.

I was thinking about registering for a Manhattan GMAT course since there credentials seem to be a lot better than Princeton Review or Kaplan, until I stumbled on to this program. The money back guarantee attracted me, so I decided to give it a shot. I can already tell you that after only studying two hours with the gmatpill, it's teaching me way better than self-studying, and the concepts seem to be sticking in my head well.

I wouldn't be able to compare this program with any of the prep courses, but I can at least say that I highly recommend it for someone who wishes to self study and go cheap. The program is made out for people who want to take the GMAT within 2-4 weeks; however, I'm in no rush and I'm feel pretty confident that I'll do well on the test after studying with this program for a few months.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Dear GMAT Club friends,

I paid for the Gmat Pill package (USD 169) yet my account is not activated. I sent them an email but they didnt reply.

I am in need of urgent help!

Can someone help me please?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Top Contributor
Hi aelifkara,

We replied to your email that was sent less than 24 hours ago.

If you haven't received, this was our response - basically you need to lowercase your 'm' in "gmail"

Elif,

We invested into your account - it turns you may have signed up email address with a capital M as in: a.elifkara@gMail.com

Please login with: a.elifkara@gmail.com

You should be able to get in. If not, please let us know.

GMAT Pill Support Team
https://www.gmatpill.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 171
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
Hi,

I recently scored 680 (Q47 V36 IR6). I need to score 730 or 720 at least. I saw you have 50 points guarantee but what are the restrictions and how do I show you my Official score and get a confirmation from you on the guarantee? I have at most 1 month to prepare if not less.

GMATPill

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
They are scammers, they charged me the second month despite having canceled my account. Also, now they won't let me cancel my subscription
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi GMAT Pill,

Yesterday after careful deliberation I registered for the program, paid the money only to find that I have zero access to any paid material, and no responsiveness from anyone!

I need help or a refund! This is unacceptable!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Wharton '23
Send PM
Kudos
Hi GMAT Pill.
I took the practice test offered at your website, but cannot see the results.
I am getting the error
Could not connect: Access denied for user 'violinro_master'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Seems like a lot of others users have complained at your website.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3