Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 22:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2011, 21:51
This post received
KUDOS
There is something wrong with the OG tracker after I downloaded the latest update. I used the search tag in the OG Tracker to group all the "Geometry" questions together. Then, as I inputed the answer for the LAST question on Geometry, the GMAT Toolkit exited to the Apple home screen. When I went back to the OG Tracker, all the data (answer + time) from that session was erased. So I repeated the process 3 times, and I got the same result.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 349

Kudos [?]: 1683 [0], given: 354

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 01:37
Expert's post
Sorry about that and thanks for reporting the problem. We are going to submit 1.6.5 update today that fixes it.

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2011, 06:32
Expert's post
1.6.5 update was submitted for review. What's new:

1) OG Tracker crash fix. When using a search tool in the OG Tracker, answering the last question led to app crash.
2) Custom flashcards fix. Under some circumstances custom flashcards may disappear. If you are using custom flashcards in GMAT ToolKit, please back up your device through iTunes, so you will be able to restore them when 1.6.5 update is available.

Best,
Walker

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 40 [1] , given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2011, 12:08
This post received
KUDOS
It would be great to have "customizable vibration alert" in OG tracker. Currently, this feature is in the Timer but NOT in the OG tacker. Thx.
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2011, 12:28
Expert's post
That's a great idea! Thanks!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2011, 09:07
Hi! Sorry for my stupid question, but how it's possible to received receipt from Apple???? I bought app from GMAT TOOLKIT in my Ipod and don't receive any documents.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2011, 09:18
Expert's post
Usually it takes a couple of days for Apple to send a receipt. Apple uses your account email. So, just wait a bit.
Let me know if you have any other question.

Best,
Walker

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2011, 15:21
Expert's post
1.6.5 update is available for download. It fixes problems with the OG Tracker and custom flashcards. We keep working on 1.6.6 update that brings a couple of new things. We are going to include more topics in the game, add quiz mode, notes, and cache support for questions downloaded from the GMAT Club forum.
Thanks to everyone who shared ideas and suggestions!

Best,
Walker

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 1683 [1] , given: 354

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2011, 12:44
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
We are going to submit 1.6.6 update next week. What's new:

- integration with Quizlet.com - access to millions of flashcards on GMAT, Vocabulary etc.
- 2 new topics in the Game: Percents and Probability&Counting (the last levels as always pretty tough :))
- springboard customization. Rearrange tool icons as you rearrange iPhone/iPad apps.
- memory optimization to speed up the app on older devices.

Best,
Walker

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2011, 08:11
Expert's post
Due to some problems on Apple's side in-app purchases (Manhattan GMAT books) have not being working over last 8h (Thanks Anand for reporting the problem)
We will update you on the issue.

Best,
Walker

UPDATE: The issue was resolved by Apple

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2011, 04:49
Expert's post
1.6.6 update was submitted for review

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2011, 18:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Our new app is now available for download!

PrepGame for iPhone/iPad - Click Here to See on iTunes

LIMITED TIME OFFER: PrepGame is FREE until October 15, 2011! Get it now!

Are you thinking about starting your preparation or looking for additional tools to boost your study plan? Get PrepGame – a fun way to supplement your books/course and improve your performance on the test day.

✩ Standardized tests covered: SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE
✩ From the creators of the best selling GMAT prep app (GMAT ToolKit).

PrepGame uses a unique method to turn your SAT / ACT / GMAT / GRE preparation into a fun game. Get the maximum number of stars, unlock new levels and beat highscores - all of this is possible only if you master the key tested concepts under time pressure. Instead of limited set of exam-like questions, PrepGame generates short questions (more than 1 million unique combinations) generated on-the-fly and if you take the same level over and over again – you will always see new questions and won’t be able to pass by trying to memorize the answers (except the most basic concepts that has to memorized). You have to apply and master the learned concepts every time. (You have only 10-20 sec to crack a question).

Want to improve your score even more? Look through the review section to study each question you encountered in the game. Did you guess one? Did it take too long? Make sure you know how to solve it fast! Click on the Review.

The first version of the game contains 3 math topics:
✓ Properties of integers;
✓ Percents
✓ Probability and Counting;
We keep adding more and more topics.

!!! CAUTION !!!: As most of the games, PrepGame doesn’t explain how to beat it leaving an intrigue for you to figure out. So, do your homework finding a key to each type of questions. If you can’t unlock the last few levels, remember, they are very HARD to beat under time pressure and getting 3 starts is challenging even for experienced tutors. If you do get 3 starts on the last few levels, you are REALLY good!

Are you still thinking about getting it? Come on, it's just a game, give it a try! :)

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2011, 13:58
Expert's post
1.6.6 update is available for download. More screenshots and information later.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2011, 20:38
hi.
first of all would like to thank you for the latest upgrade, fast opening of windows,good job.

beside this,i've one question. in app store of your application there is MGMAT SC (interactive book) , from where i can read about this? i mean,is this just a PDF file of that book or something else? and is that included all the sections and material from original book?
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2011, 05:20
Expert's post
Hi,

Thanks for your words!

If you buy an interactive book, it appears in the Library. In the Library there is also a sample book, so you can try to read/work with it to see how interactive books work.
You may find useful to watch this youtube video:

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 24

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2011, 10:23
Hey Walker,

So the iOS 5 is out there today, and I wanna updated my iPad 2, but I am less than a 100 shy of finishing the 700+ tough quant questions, and then have worked on my OG too a bit. Is there any chance I might lose any of my progress on the app? I know I can back up the OG progress, is there any way to back up the PRACTICE progress as well, including the bookmarks?

Thanks for all your prompt responses!
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2011, 10:32
Expert's post
Hi,

I'm just doing the same thing - updating my iPad2 installing the iOS 5.

1) iTunes backs up your iPad before installing a new iOS, so you will be fine
2) Yes, you can back-up Practice data ( >Practice>Filter>Import/Export) but you can't back-up bookmarks

UPDATED: I've installed iOS5 and all GMAT ToolKit data were restored.

Best,
Walker

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 24

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2011, 11:51
Awesome dude... I'll update mine.
Hey... One more time, can you confirm that the interactive MGMAT SC book comes with the 6 MGMAT practice test access?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2011, 12:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
viking880 wrote:
Awesome dude... I'll update mine.
Hey... One more time, can you confirm that the interactive MGMAT SC book comes with the 6 MGMAT practice test access?

Yes :)

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.03
WE: Marketing (Real Estate)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2011, 05:52
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Walker,

first of all thanks for the awesome app. I am sure it is going to prove to be more than worth the money.

I have a couple questions since I am not sure where else to ask.

1) I've been using the app on my iPhone, just bought my new iPad 2 today. Is there any way to sync the progress (OG tracker, practice results) between the two, such as through MobileMe - iCloud, Dropbox? If not, can you suggest how to transfer my progress from the iPhone into the iPad and the other way? I will be mostly using the app on the iPad but you know, there are places where I'll probably just sit around with my iPhone... ;)

2) I have used MGMAT's OG Tracker, is there a way to get my stats into the app?

3) Why not include the rest of the GMAT Math Review (by GmatClub) in the review section? Or perhaps make it a very cheap in-app purchase, in case $ is the motivation for not including it?

Thanks!

Ondrej
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application   [#permalink] 13 Oct 2011, 05:52