Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 16:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT users?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MGMAT users? [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2011, 13:21
I'm currently using the guides for quant from MGMAT. My plan to check the comprehension of the topics was to use the guides and answer the questions from the OG only. Leaving the Quantiative Review book as sort of like a test to see what stuck and what hasn't. Basically I'm working all the Quant OG problems, and reviewing the errors from each section and trying to make sure I understand it as throughly as possible. Then once I'm done with the last Quant book, take a day or two break from Quant and study verbal. Then answer the questions from the Quant review book.

Has anyone else done this or something similar? I just don't want to waste offical questions.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 155

Kudos [?]: 511 [0], given: 527

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: MGMAT users? [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2011, 22:05
Welcome to the club! :)

you are on a right path joining our 100k members community.

I did not follow that path, but it seems reasonable for me. What else can help you:

Please see these threads, they will help you to orient in your GMAT jorney:
Study plan: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html?highlight=ml301
Best books(review): best-gmat-books-77703.html
All practice tests: all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html?highlight=ml502 One of the most realiable tests is GMATprep - download it from mba.com

Gmatclub tests: hardest quantative problems for 48+ score http://gmatclub.com/tests/

On-line courses from different companies: gmat-prep-course-reviews-discount-codes-78451.html

don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. ;)

Follow me, if you find my explanations useful.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 48

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT users? [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2011, 06:10
IMHO, OG questions are TOO easy - I used to solve each 10th of them a day (i.e 1, 11, 21...121th) - around 25PS and 17DS a day in around 50 min, with 2-3 questions wrong. The problem is it is not me who is too smart, it is the questions that are too weak (average difficulty is around 500 - as per MGMAT OG companion).
Thus, I dropped that useless acvtivity and instead focused on GMATCLUB tests and MGMAT CATs.
Intern
Intern

Re: MGMAT users? [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2011, 08:03
I agree, well, at least for the beginning 2/3's of the OG. The last 20 or so in each section are I think at least somewhat representative of the test. Some background for me is that I've been out of college since 2000, and only need mid 600's, i'm not concerned with 700+ because I don't have the time to prepare for that. I have only until march 1st. So my method is focused on the skills and concepts that must be mastered to ensure 620+. I plan on finishing up my MGMAT quant review sometime next week. Then plan to begin verbal, which I believe I can get through pretty quickly. Leaving a little more than a month to focus on test taking skills, error logs, and doing problems from the forums.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 48

GMAT Tests User
Re: MGMAT users? [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2011, 12:08
Then plan to begin verbal, which I believe I can get through pretty quickly. Leaving a little more than a month to focus on test taking skills, error logs, and doing problems from the forums.

IMHO, error logs are waste of time: there is no value in knowing that I fail at the specific question abour red gradons. Instead, it's becoming pretty obvious that each time I fail at modules and rates. So, I'd rather spend precious time doing more of these topics than logging-in questions.
Also, forum problems are not good for studying, they are good for learning how to approach a particular issue you cannot solve. For practice, Gmat club tests are really good (but explanations sometimes suck and that's why you need forum)
Intern
Intern

Re: MGMAT users? [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2011, 16:43
I too could care less about knowing whether or not I get some random question wrong. On the otherhand, if I keep track of my errors I can see the topics I am missing consistently so I can re-review those topics. Such as continually missing these rate problems!!! At the moment that is my hot button. I learn math through repetition, so doing loads of problems help cement my learning. I was never one to look at a proof and go "Oh thats how that works."

Re: MGMAT users?   [#permalink] 18 Jan 2011, 16:43