Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:12 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M$)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: MGMAT users? [#permalink]
I agree, well, at least for the beginning 2/3's of the OG. The last 20 or so in each section are I think at least somewhat representative of the test. Some background for me is that I've been out of college since 2000, and only need mid 600's, i'm not concerned with 700+ because I don't have the time to prepare for that. I have only until march 1st. So my method is focused on the skills and concepts that must be mastered to ensure 620+. I plan on finishing up my MGMAT quant review sometime next week. Then plan to begin verbal, which I believe I can get through pretty quickly. Leaving a little more than a month to focus on test taking skills, error logs, and doing problems from the forums.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M$)
Send PM
Then plan to begin verbal, which I believe I can get through pretty quickly. Leaving a little more than a month to focus on test taking skills, error logs, and doing problems from the forums.

IMHO, error logs are waste of time: there is no value in knowing that I fail at the specific question abour red gradons. Instead, it's becoming pretty obvious that each time I fail at modules and rates. So, I'd rather spend precious time doing more of these topics than logging-in questions.
Also, forum problems are not good for studying, they are good for learning how to approach a particular issue you cannot solve. For practice, Gmat club tests are really good (but explanations sometimes suck and that's why you need forum)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I too could care less about knowing whether or not I get some random question wrong. On the otherhand, if I keep track of my errors I can see the topics I am missing consistently so I can re-review those topics. Such as continually missing these rate problems!!! At the moment that is my hot button. I learn math through repetition, so doing loads of problems help cement my learning. I was never one to look at a proof and go "Oh thats how that works."

Posted from my mobile device
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 822 [0]
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club BumpBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92929 posts