Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 06:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
10 KUDOS received
Followers: 312

Kudos [?]: 2615 [10] , given: 696

New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 15:17
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
New version of the official GMATPrep software by GMAC

In this new release you will now be able to:
» Review your responses to practice exams and practice question sessions
» Pause a practice exam or question session
» Gain insight into pacing with new timer tools, available when answering practice questions
» Specify exactly how many questions of each type and difficulty level you want to answer when you opt to create your own question set
» Receive an IR percentile ranking
» Have Reading Comprehension questions grouped by passage wherever possible
» Generate system information at the click of button should you require customer support

Download Here

Feedback/Analysis by MGMAT: http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... wnloading/
How to maximize this update: http://officialgmat.mba.com/2013/03/26/ ... fectively/

!
@update

There is a login/account error that prevents users from being able to access/bypass the login screen in the new software. If you upgrade, you may not be able to access it at all. GMAC is aware and working on resolving it. Stay updated on that issue here: new-version-of-gmatprep-installation-error-149929.html

Attachments

2013_gmatprep-study-tips.png
2013_gmatprep-study-tips.png [ 101.56 KiB | Viewed 4888 times ]

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 22:12
I just donwloaded the latest GMAT Prep update. Can someone please confirm that when you close the screen after taking the GMAT Prep CAT, whether you can go back to review all of the questions. Thank you.
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Official GMAC Representative
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [2] , given: 0

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 00:46
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Rebecca Loades from GMAC here. In v2.2.306 You can definitely go back and review your exam responses the following day, week, month etc. However, as soon as you press Reset (which enables you to retake the practice exams), this goes away.
Cheers,
Rebecca
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 565 [0], given: 107

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 10:19
Expert's post
carcass wrote:
New version of the official software by GMAC

Change
Quote:
In this new release you will now be able to:
» Review your responses to practice exams and practice question sessions
» Pause a practice exam or question session
» Gain insight into pacing with new timer tools, available when answering practice questions
» Specify exactly how many questions of each type and difficulty level you want to answer when you opt to create your own question set
» Receive an IR percentile ranking
» Have Reading Comprehension questions grouped by passage wherever possible
» Generate system information at the click of button should you require customer support

Download

@update

after launching you must need the same email and password (your login data) of your account (s) on MBA.com. Only one time.

regards

Thanks you carcass for this update :) Kudos man !

BTW,when did GMAC release it ?

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GPA: 3.3
WE: Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 06:40
Hi Rebecca,

I already have the old version of the GMAT prep with the 404 question pack. My question is this, after downloading the new version will the 404 questions be updated automatically? Or how does it work?

Seunfunmi
Expert Post
Followers: 152

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:08
Expert's post
Sefunmi wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

I already have the old version of the GMAT prep with the 404 question pack. My question is this, after downloading the new version will the 404 questions be updated automatically? Or how does it work?

Seunfunmi

Good question. When you upgrade to the latest version of GMATPrep®, your question pack, answer history, practice exam scores etc persist ie you’ll be able to access them all.
The only time this doesn’t apply is if you have decided to uninstall GMATPrep® and opt to delete your history data (a prompt during the uninstall process). Let me know if that makes sense.

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 101

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:18
Too bad I took my GMAT yesterday. This update could have been so useful during my prep!

*Updated 25th July*: Embracing the downtime
Blog: http://domotron.wordpress.com

Elements of an MBA application series
GMAT (28/02) | Profile (11/03) | Networking / Research (01/04) | Recommendations (30/05) | Essays / Online applications | Interview

My 710 (Q50, V36) Debrief + 740 (Q48, V44) Update:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/710-q50-v36-phew-i-m-done-with-the-gmat-probably-150067.html

Please share your profiles for this application season below:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/2014-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-162160.html

4 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.75
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 25 [4] , given: 282

GMAT PREP UPDATE [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:35
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Guys,

Just read through this blog. Looks like there are some useful updates like RC questions pooled, timing changes etc.

http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... wnloading/

Go through this, download the latest version and test it for yourself.

I have the GMAT PREP question pack as well. So it will be highly useful.

Thanks.

I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed--Michael Jordan
Kudos drives a person to better himself every single time. So Pls give it generously
Wont give up till i hit a 700+

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GPA: 3.3
WE: Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 12:04
Thanks Rebecca.....you are simply the best.

Seunfunmi
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 19:30
Is there a change in question pool for the GMAT practice tests?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: INSEAD Jan '13
GPA: 3.9
WE: Marketing (Other)

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 20:33
Dear Rebeca,

Could you please clarify whether the latest version of GMAT Prep contains new questions?
Unfortunately i have tried all my attempts with the previous GMAT Prep version

If you found my post useful and/or interesting - you are welcome to give kudos!

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
GPA: 3.82
WE: Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 51

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 41

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 21:10
Sefunmi wrote:
Thanks Rebecca.....you are simply the best.

Seunfunmi

http://youtu.be/GC5E8ie2pdM?t=1m3s

My GMAT debrief

Expert Post

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2013, 05:20
Expert's post
thejupiter wrote:
Is there a change in question pool for the GMAT practice tests?

Thanks for the question. This upgrade does not include a change in the question pool or any new practice tests. We have a new GMATPrep supplementary pack coming out in September that will have new practice exams. In the meantime, if you have not already done so, you can purchase GMAT Question Pack 1, our first supplemental edition of GMATPrep, which comes with more practice questions. You can purchase that here: http://www.mba.com/store/product-info.a ... ID=80.0027. Good luck!

Edit: The new GMATPrep supplement pack coming out in Sept will have practice exams, but not practice questions. The above post has been edited to reflect that.

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Last edited by OfficialGMAT on 29 Mar 2013, 05:26, edited 2 times in total.
Expert Post

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2013, 05:21
Expert's post
ziko wrote:
Dear Rebeca,

Could you please clarify whether the latest version of GMAT Prep contains new questions?
Unfortunately i have tried all my attempts with the previous GMAT Prep version

Hello, Ziko. The updated GMATPrep does not contain new practice questions. You can get additional questions by purchasing the GMATPrep Question pack, which is a supplement to GMATPrep and contains more practice questions: http://www.mba.com/store/product-info.a ... ID=80.0027 We will have an additional supplement pack available in September. Good luck!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 2615 [0], given: 696

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2013, 08:03
Expert's post
Expert Post

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2013, 08:40
Expert's post
carcass wrote:
Hi Rebeca

So we will have a new software with how many more exams ??

I have already purchased the question pack 1

Can you provide ulterior information ??

Regards

Hi, Carcass. We have not yet determined the number of practice exams in the new software.

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 2615 [0], given: 696

Re: R: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2013, 09:05
Expert's post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.75
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 282

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2013, 21:49
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Sefunmi wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

Seunfunmi

Good question. When you upgrade to the latest version of GMATPrep®, your question pack, answer history, practice exam scores etc persist ie you’ll be able to access them all.
The only time this doesn’t apply is if you have decided to uninstall GMATPrep® and opt to delete your history data (a prompt during the uninstall process). Let me know if that makes sense.

Hi Rebeca,

I just have a question. With the new update is it possible to segregate the RC questions?I know that the RC questions are pooled. I would like to know how many questions are there per RC like we see in the OG

I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed--Michael Jordan
Kudos drives a person to better himself every single time. So Pls give it generously
Wont give up till i hit a 700+

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 272 [0], given: 17

New GMAT2.2 Software released by GMAT on 26th March 2013 [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2013, 20:02
The latest release of GMATPrep, version 2.2 is available for downloading

Latest Benefits
1) Software now allows you to review previous practice problems and tests.

2) Now we can save the test for later review, and the new user interface makes it very hard to accidentally delete a practice test. You have to press a test ‘reset’ button and then go through a dialog to reset your tests, another big improvement.

3) In the previous versions of GMAT Prep, each RC practice problem included an entirely new passage, unlike the real test, where of course each passage has 3 or 4 associated questions. Best Improvement so far.

4) An IR percentile ranking can be computed now.

5) Moderately useful progress tracking graphs for examining progress on practice sets are available.

http://newscenter.gmac.com/press-releas ... ee-1000047

Emma

Kudos will encourage many others, like me.
Good Questions also deserve few KUDOS.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 75

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306 [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 01:12
Hi Rebecca,

Last week, I upgraded my Gmat prep software.
Now, I am not able to access it. It is giving following error:

errorID=3012]
Error #3012: Cannot delete file or directory.
stacktrace: Error: Error #3012: Cannot delete file or directory.

Please help.

YOU CAN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN

Re: New GMATPrep Update version 2.2.306   [#permalink] 01 Apr 2013, 01:12