Overview (by Hjort)
A strong Near Elite program to consider is Washington University in St. Louis. Washington University is one of the most selective undergraduate schools in the United States and a well-established research university.
This is a small program with only about 150 entrants per year.
Academic Calendar: 4 semesters (semesters divided into 2 mini-terms)
Required Courses: Management and Strategy, Statistics, Fin Accounting, Managerial Economics, Financial Mgmt, Marketing Mgmt, Operations Mgmt, Cost Analysis, Strategic Management
Electives begin in the Second Semester of the First Year
Business Week reports a tremendous level of student satisfaction - it is for the reader to determine if this is an accurate representation of the true views of students.
- FT 2005 places Washington U near Babson, UC Irvine, and Arizona State.
- FT 2004 ranked Washington U #49 worldwide - near Notre Dame and Purdue.
- EIU 2004 places Washington University between Emory and UNC.
- EIU 2003 ranked Washington U #31 worldwide and #20 in the US - above all of the transelites except Emory.
- FT 2005 Value For Money: #99, the lowest of all the Near Elites.